“Friendly staff, but needs work” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Getaway Deal
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Houston, Texas, United States
“Friendly staff, but needs work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

It is probably not practical for a hotel like this to close during renovations, but it certainly does need the work. Only one of the two elevators worked and as mentioned in other reviews this created long waits. The temporary breakfast area was not large enough to hold the people while I was there.
None of these problems are to fault the staff who were both friendly and helpful, but I really think that if this hotel is to stay open during these renovations, Hampton should offer a discounted rate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We decided on a quick trip to Natchez for the 4th of July. The Haptom's Lobby was under construction at the time we stayed here. Staff was very nice. Our room was clean and quite. We would not hestiate to stay again and do have plans to do so. We love the Natchez area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Natchez, Mississippi for the last four nights. Day one and continuing, the hotel was under renovation which I must add, it was in need of. Detours were in place and some elevators were out of service. The rooms were of average size for my expectations and all electronic equipment worked well. The bed comforters appeared to be a bit old and not exactly up to the standards one would expect paying $120 per night.

The TV however had a mind of its own. It woke me up every morning prior to the alarm clock. I overheard another guest expressing the same concern at the free breakfast the following morning, suggesting there was a ghost in his room.

The elevators were partially operational and there was no ice machine or vending machines on my floor due to the construction. The air conditioner worked well though!

The bathroom sink would not drain. I inspected it to find the hardware under the sink was defective and it wasn't due to a clogged drain. I reported this to the front desk but I saw no improvement when I returned to my room that evening. Then that night I had no cold water in my bathroom. I will add however that their water temperature is very hot and not conducive for taking a nice relaxing shower after a hard days work!!

But what upset me the most was that the Internet went out and stayed out at least for 24 hours, and by then I had decided to check out. I tried to use their Internet to check in on my plane flight, but that was a no go! When I physically checked out, the desk clerk informed me that their computer was not functioning and she was not able to check me out but was kind enough to inform me to go on anyway, that she wasn't going to make me stay and she would figure something else out later in the day!

The staff were very nice and pleasant as one would expect from Southern people!

Room Tip: The restaurant consisted of a couple small vending machines for sandwiches and snacks. But the conti...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way regarding our internet connection at our hotel. I do empathize with your situation and assure you that we are always looking for ways to improve our guests’ satisfaction. We are currently looking at different options to increase the speed and availability of our Wi-Fi connection. We strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms; however, I apologize if we came short of delivering what you expected from us. With this in mind, I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I truly regret any inconveniences you went through and hope that you give us another chance of staying with us if you are ever around our area.
Bowling Green, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

In a town that prides itself on it's B&B's, the Hampton Inn in Natchez is a solid, reliable hotel and very conveniently located across the street from the Visitor's Center.

The hotel was still undergoing lobby renovations and so the guests were crowded (and I mean CROWDED) into a couple of the meeting rooms. But once the renovations are done, I think the hotel will be more visitor friendly.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators and toward the river and bluff.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

A rating of a four it about as high as I usually give unless it is very special. We were stopping here as first stop of a two week family road trip and drive the Natchez Trace the next day. This was a perfect stop. I made reservations in advance. I had been to Natchez, MS once before only as a food stop so I was not familiar with the city. I picked the Hampton as they have a good reputation. This hotel was remodeling but they maintained their service even though the lobby was a mess as a result. The breakfast was typical nothing great but OK. Everything was clean. The pool was good and on par for a Hampton. Our dog was allowed. We need to return to enjoy Natchez. If we do, yes, we'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Making advance reservations at an unknown hotel can be risky but I did read reviews and I trusted th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kingwood, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here July 3rd and 4th. This Hampton was wonderful! The front desk ladies were so kind. They answer the phone "where we treat you like family" and they are not kidding. Helpful, knowledgeable - just as sweet as ever. They were booked for the weekend but remembered we wanted to extend a day, so they called us to say they had a cancellation! This hotel is being refurbished. Our room was totally redone-new bedding, carpet, paint, curtains- the breakfast area is going through a renovation and will be done soon. The staff will love it, and so will the guests. It is in a perfect location, overlooking the river. Easy on and off to 84. Such a historical town, and Hampton Inn is where you need to stay.

Room Tip: Request a room up high overlooking the river...there are four floors.
Houston, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Overall for the town of Natchez, MS, this hotel is adequate but over priced. Housekeeping if very good at keeping the rooms clean. Rooms are average size and will accommodate 4 people comfortable. Complimentary breakfast hours should change to end at a later hour. Most of the guest come for the casinos and usually miss breakfast. There are several restaurants nearby within driving range however none in walking distance to the hotel. Pool is average and outdoors. Rooms do have microwave and refrigerator which is very convenient. Internet is available however slow. Overall, for an overnight stay stay the hotel is satisfactory. Staying longer I would have to reconsider.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Natchez
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchez South
Days Inn Natchez
Days Inn Natchez
#11 of 17 in Natchez
3.0 of 5 stars 474 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez? Share your experiences!