“Dont complain about anything” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Getaway Deal
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Dont complain about anything”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times due primarily to the Hilton Honors Program, and all other Hilton hotels are great. There has been issues each time with this hotel (no blankets / pillows for hideaway bed, check-in was a pain, keys don't work, housekeeping not working, etc.). I have always honestly completed the survey sent out after the stay hoping improvement would be made. I would like to point out, I have never asked for any money back, a discount, nor anything. I just answered the questions asked of me on the survey. At 12:09 pm today I received an email from the General Manager stating that since I have given negative responses, then I need to stay elsewhere in the future. Due SOLELY to his response, I feel as though I need to share my experiences with other travelers. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret if there was any type of misunderstandings in regards to the many surveys that you responded to. I can assure that we always enjoy hearing from our guests as their reviews help us improve in areas that might need improvement. Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely apologize if this misunderstanding caused you any anguish or disappointment.

Again, I please accept my apologies and feel free to contact me. I will make myself available should you have any further questions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel as part of a five states road trip and had no prior knowledge of this chain or of Natchez but went with Trip Adviser findings.
Wow ! were we impressed !! Right from check-in which was a happy experience right through to the room which was good size and very comfortable and the free breakfast which was very good.
The location is also a real bonus for tourists like us as its just a cross the road from the impressive Natchez visitor centre which is a really good place to start your visit with a short film show, many informative exhibits and very helpful staff.
Natchez is not a place you come to for fine dining but its an honest down to earth kind of town with some very interesting history and we had a great time. After all, there's nothing wrong with Ruby Tuesdays for a couple of dinners.
Places we would recommend in addition to the Visitor Centre - try the National Park. The Ranger Service there is just FANTASTIC they couldn't be more helpful and as a bonus, entry is free to the Antebellum House and Slave Quarters.
The other Antebellum we visited was Longsood which was interesting but expensive for what you get which is a short tour conducted by a not very good guide.

• Stayed January 2013
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I would like to thank you so very much for your kind words. I and my whole team hope you get the opportunity to visit us again.
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I was tempted to think just another Hampton, but at breakfast Belvis lightened up our whole stay.

Yes, it is a Hampton, and we know what to expect, but with a personality serving you, even their breakfasts seem better.

No complaints about anything else, so the stay was just fine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoy Hampton inns. The king suite is very nice and large. I always enjoy the free coffee in lobby all day. Breakfast is fine too considering its free. This location could have been a little cleaner in my shower area. Tv remote didn't work and took a few trips to lobby. I really enjoyed hanging out in try room. The Hilton Hampton chain is so much better than the Sheraton four points chain. Location is great. Right across from visitor center. High floors looking West have view of river and bridge to Louisiana

• Stayed November 2012
Gonzales, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This Hampton was clean, and the personnel at the front desk were courteous and helpful. The mattress on our queen bed wasn't as comfortable as at most Hampton Inns; however, the linens were clean and very nice. Same with bathroom towels. The breakfast buffet was very disappointing. Thirty minutes before closing time there was hardly any food left, and the oatmeal had already been picked up. There was plenty of time to prepare more food, but when asked, the breakfast staff just said that there was no more. Other Hampton Inns in which we have stayed always have plenty of food until breakfast time is over. We were disappointed with this one and heard other people complaining also.

Room Tip: You'd better go down to breakfast very early if you expect a hot meal.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I would like to apologize for our breakfast buffet. At times it is very difficult to keep everything stocked when my people get a rush near the end of closing time - BUT - that is no excuse as we should always be ready for any circumstance. I am happy that the rest of your stay was more enjoyable and we hope to see you again in the future.
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel, about half a mile from town centre. A very good stop off at the end of the Natchez trace. The staff are very friendly and the breakfast is standard fare for the Hampton chain, I'm not a fan of southern biscuits and gravy, but the oatmeal is very good. I can certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Please know that we apppreciate the kind words you wrote. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Niceville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stopped here after riding the Natchez Trace and found it just a little better than average The room was clean and comfortable and breakfast was just OK. The most irritating part was the internet was no better than dial-up back in the 90's....horrible internet service (I was on the third floor)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
We appreciate your feedback regarding the speed of our wireless internet service. We apologize that it did not work well during your stay. We are currently updating the wireless system and hope to have a faster internet experience soon. If you return to the area we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez? Share your experiences!