“Stay away!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Natchez
Munich, Germany
“Stay away!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have booked this hotel because of the positive ratings. I don't want to know the homes they are living in who rated this hotel positively. Everything was run down. Dirty old carpets, dirty walls,
furniture is old and terrible. Breakfast was terrible, the seats in the breakfast room were not cleaned since twenty years or more. We pd 150 Dollar for one night, the only thing that we missed were bed bugs! One star is too much!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and the breakfast area and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to ensure we are providing the highest quality of comfort and cleanliness possible to our guests. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again so that we may show you the true value in our Hamptonality.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Again, Southern hospitality prevailed. Easy walking distance to Rosalie Mansion, and a few more blocks to town. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, excellent breakfast choices and good air conditioning, as we encountered warm to hot days. Would stay here again.

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

A typical clean Hampton Inn. The staff made the difference here. Very polite and friendly and would recommend the hotel to anyone mainly because of the staff. Convenient to downtown and across the street from the visitor's center.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort McMurray, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

He location turned out to be great. We could enjoy a beautiful sunset from our room. Breakfast was ok but dont get the concept of advertising a green hotel and using plastic!!! Lots of plastic. Staff was located at breakfast area but busy with chatting rather than cleaning tables or emtying the trash cans. Fitness room: water was empty but got refillef on request. Tretmile was out of order and thecrosstrainer very loud. Staff did not really seem to care about it so.

• Stayed September 2012
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. I hope you will pleased to know that we have ordered all new fitness equipment for our Fitness Center and are just awaiting it's arrival. I would like to apologize for my breakfast staff, this does not sound like the "Hamptonality" that we want to show our guests, I will talk to them. I hope you get the opportunity to visit us again, and thank you for choosing Hampton!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed overnight at the start of out trip up the Natchez Trace Parkway and we were pleased with the service, convenience and cleanliness of this hotel. We requested a room on the fourth floor with a view of the bridge but I was assigned a room on the third floor (322). We did have a lovely view of the bridge but I recommend the top floor as the occupant above could be clearly heard walking around during the night. In this room the fridge is located near the head of the bed and it was a noisy bugger so I it disturbed my sleep and eventually I unplugged it. Over all this hotel was more than adequate. I,d recommend it.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Would just like to "Thank You" for choosing to stay with us. We know that you have many choices when it comes to deciding on which hotel to stay at and, again, we want you to know that we appreciate you choosing us - we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

i just want to say that I had a wonderful time at the Hampton Inn. The front desk was very courteous and helpful. Check in was quick and easy and they were very nice. The housekeeping staff made sure that I had all of the amenities that I needed. The breakfast was also wonderful, the staff made sure that everything stayed full and it was also delicious. The room that we had faced the river and the view is wonderful at night. i would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone that wanted to stay in Natchez..

Room Tip: River view rooms are beautiful at night the bridge just lights up.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Madisonville, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Our group of 6 adults recently stayed in two rooms at this location. This was our first family trip with grandparents along since Hurricane Katrina upset our lives. We were looking for a pleasant vacation with no problems. We have NEVER been disapponted in a Hampton Property until NOW! There is a lack of management that needs to be corrected. Our first impression of the hotel upon checking in was to overhear a worker tell the manager, "You know I saved you by lying to this man on the phone". Upon arriving at our room, which was NICE, we asked for additional towels. We were lied to multiple times: we don't have any more towels, the little league team used all the towels at the pool, housekeeping took home the key to the linen room and will not return until 9AM. When asked to speak to a manager I was told that if I did not like it WE COULD LEAVE. I insisted and was given the home/cell number of the manager. When I asked the manager when the 100% satisfaction guarantee was going to be enforced, he responded that I could not just check in and find one thing wrong and expect to have my rooms comped. He told me that he would return to the hotel with a key to the linen room and assured me that I would get extra towels and also that housekeeping would leave the same number of towels the following eveing. He did get me extra towels that night. However, upon returning to our rooms the next day at 5PM we had no towels. Although when asked for, we were given the standard number of towels for our room, we had to repeatedly ask for additonal towels. Finally, we were given more. Other issues with hotel: Except for the young lady that worked both morning shifts we were there....we were never greeted "good evening", "have a great day", etc. Again except for the same young lady, the staff was not dressed professionally. They looked like tourists walking in off the street. On our second evening, when I went to the business center in the hotel, I was greeted by a dog running through the lobby while the front desk clerk visited with her friend who apparently brought his dog along for the visit. The hotel was quiet, clean and the location was fabulous. I know an issue of extra towels may seem trival to most, however it was the lying and the general inappropriate way I was spoken to. Until management is beefed up, I do not recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thomas S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. This behavior is completely unacceptable and your satisfaction is very important to us as we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have spoken to our front desk staff and I can assure you, that the way you were treated will not happen again. We apologize for not having the appropriate number of towels and for not getting any to you sooner. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez? Share your experiences!