“Lovely views and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   627 South Canal Street, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 19 hotels in Natchez
“Lovely views and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We chose this hotel based on tripadvisor ratings and were not disappointed. We got an excellent rate which was discounted further by my AARP membership. The check in staff was very friendly, even looked up the number for the local Papa Johns that my daughter wanted to order for dinner. There were warm, fresh cookies and a beautiful huge guest/ breakfast area across from the front desk. I noticed several guests making use of the space as we checked in.
The beds are topped with fluffy white duvets, which I found reassuring (you know those horror stories of recycled bedspreads- these were white and clean!). My daughter was amazed at how modern and plush the room looked. The beds were so comfortable, as was the climate control. I've stayed in rooms that get stuffy late at night, but not this hotel. The bathroom was bright and clean and stocked with plenty of toiletries, that my daughter absconded immediately. Good strong wifi, easily accessed, kept us both busy on our netbooks.
Breakfast choices were good- lots of variety. I had a great bowl of fresh oatmeal, I could tell it was made with real oats- not the quick kind. Lots of mix-ins helped me customize it to my liking. The coffee was good, and there were plenty of tables spread across a big space, so I didn't feel like I was eating with the entire hotel.
Highly recommend this hotel- I've stayed in the other name brand hotel close to the bridge in Natchez- and for the same price, the Hampton Inn and Suites is a MUCH MUCH better value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
North Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel if you happen to be in Natchez! Perfect location. Try to get a room facing the river. Staff is very nice and rooms are clean. Only complaint is that drinking cups are paper, but it's a Hampton Inn, so I'm sure that's standard. I just hate drinking good wine out of a paper cup.

• Stayed March 2012
Conehatta, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Wonderful hotel! Clean rooms, courteous staff. It's also conveniently located directly across from the Natchez Visitor center. We had a beautiful view of the Mississippi River too :). I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sedona, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

stayed during "balloon week" - had a great view of not only the ballons (one flew right by our window) but also the mighty Mississippi river! Would recommend this hotel to everyone, very friendly people.

Room Tip: Get one facing the Mississippi River.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Montgomery, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here on our recent Mississippi River tour through Mississippi and Louisiana. Our room was a studio suite and had plenty of room for the family. The colors and decor were nice, too. The location is great...right across the street from the visitor's center and only a few blocks to downtown and many attractions. We had a fantastic view of the river and the big bridge from our windows. The breakfast was good and filling, and the staff were friendly. All in all, a solid choice when staying in Natchez!

Room Tip: If you are on the stree (front) side, you'll have a nice view of the Mississippi River. Also, t...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn .The room was very nice,the view was spectacular.I suppose the fact that it was Christmas week and there were many lights may have made it such a beautiful site.But I expect it is always quite beautiful.We were on the 4th floor and looking out the window was like being in a different world.TheMississippi River bridge was all lite up and all along the river bank was too.Quite a sight!Natchez is an amazingly lovely place.In some ways nothing has changed since I lived here 40 years ago.I love that!!!There are many modern improvements for us spoiled Americans,but the history and sights are the same .You get sort of a quaint,coming home sort of feeling.Change is good in many things,but I love going back and seeing some things NEVER change.
Then the hotel staff were exceptionally kind and friendly.The breakfast was great and such a variety to choose from.Coffee anytime we wanted it.As a matter of fact,if you can't find something you like,that is just sad!
I give Hampton Inn & Suites an A+,they could not have been better!

Room Tip: A room with a view is a plus.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Ocala, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

What a nice stay we had here at the Hampton. Did not check up-to-date reviews to realize that it was directly across from the Natchez Visitor Center, what a great surprise. Just walked across the street to get info, view the movie and figure out what we were to do during our stay. The Hampton was great, our room was clean and quiet. Domineq was so nice & helpful when we arrived. Breakfast was wonderful and on par with Hamptons. A clean breakfast area, well stocked and pleasant. Our accomindations were great and our bed was so comfortable, room climate perfect and bathroom was clean and well stocked. A great stay all around.

Room Tip: Oh yes, if you can get a room with a river view, 3rd/4th floor, go for it. So pretty!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez? Share your experiences!