“They don't have a swimming pool!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Natchez Grand Hotel

You added Natchez Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Natchez Grand Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Broadway, Natchez, MS 39120 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Natchez
The Hague, The Netherlands
“They don't have a swimming pool!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

In the internet or adverts you can see that the hotel has a swiming pool but I'd rather say that it was mini-swiming pool on the parking area - not nice at all!. If it would be different, I guess that the hotel would get the best mark from me. Scenic view, nice location, good interior and excellent service is normally what you want and I can tell you - you can get it there. On the top the price for the room is quite ok, and its size also turn my atention. I was lucky with the weather, so I had some good pictures around. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask with the view to Mississipi (I had parking view ;/ )
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
natchezgrandhotel, Director of Sales at Natchez Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Natchez Grand Hotel & Suites. With our location in the heart of the historic downtown district, an outdoor pool is not a likely amenity most would expect. However, because we welcome all- from business travelers to families alike- we do offer an outdoor pool. As space is limited, we specifically recognize it as a "small pool" on our hotel's website. Again, thank you so much for sharing your experience and we are so glad you enjoyed it. We hope you will return to see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

By most standards, this hotel is great. What we found was a large part of the room had not been vacuumed and asking the floor staff to come in required us to point out the areas around the furniture that had not been cleaned for some time. She, finally, cleaned it and all was well, but we felt they only did what was minimally expected such as sweeping around things. Seemed to only sweep the center area.

Location is great for several places to eat and hotel was nice. We stayed an extra night as we enjoyed Natchez so much.

Room Tip: Ask for River view room!! Rooms with balconies are 2nd floor and view is not what the 4th floor give...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel itself was fine except for the weird stain of unknown origins on one of the queen beds, accompanied by a piece of hair that clearly wasn't ours. However, there is a deli down the street that sells amazing salsa and the view across from the hotel is legendary. It made up for the hair. The hotel seems like the only legit place to stay in Natchez unless you want to sleep in the woods.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river are a must
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just stayed 3 nights at the Grand. I'm a Tripadvisor junkie so I rarely visit any establishments that gets a negative review. We almost didn't stay at the Grand because of some bad reviews. The only reason I booked the room was because my husband was tired of looking at pictures of B & B's and he wanted to stay within walking distance of everything. I'm happy to say that I listened to him for once and booked this hotel! We had a nice king room with a river view and I couldn't have been happier. The view of the Mississippi was spectacular! We walked to the casinos and to every bar & restaurant except Dunleith. The staff was friendly and helpful and there were no complaints there. The small bar was right in the lobby as you walked in the front door and everyone sitting at the bar seemed to be having a nice (not rowdy) time having a drink and talking to the friendly bartender. Our room was large and comfortable. As another reviewer said, the bed and towels were great. The only negative thing I have to say is that the windows and hall carpets definitely needed cleaning, but, we could still see the beautiful view through the windows and we weren't staying in the hall, so that didn't matter to us!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a river view and don't worry about not having a balcony! The balcony rooms we...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was a treat for my husband and I. We arrived in Natchez without a reservation, and when we drove by the Grand and saw the balconies overlooking the river we decided to stay. The room was incredibly spacious and the balconies (2) were a treat to relax on in the afternoon.

The breakfast in the morning was great, with a lot of selection

I appreciated that this hotel was downtown, so that we could wander to the restaurants and bars in the evening.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hotel is lovely and quaint, but the best feature is the location. Our room overlooked the Mississippi River and was gorgeous. The room was very clean, had great AC, and a comfortable bed- even the towels were awesome! They served a complimentary hot breakfast which was delicious and the lovely dining room overlooked the river. I loved it!

Stayed July 2014
Bastrop, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay with the Natchez Grande. I really wanted to stay at a nice bed and breakfast, but when you have children, that's just not in the cards. I was pleasantly surprised at the southern charm that the Grande welcomed us with. The service was great and they've got a pretty good hot breakfast that was just the ticket for the whole family. I would recommend giving them a close look if you're in the Natchez area.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Natchez Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!