“Basic Hotel...OK for a couple of nights if you're passing through” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Natchez Grand Hotel

Save Saved
You added Natchez Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Natchez Grand Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Broadway, Natchez, MS 39120 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #6 of 19 hotels in Natchez
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
“Basic Hotel...OK for a couple of nights if you're passing through”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at The Grand Nachez in late March, 2013. We found the check in process to be easy, the hotel setting desirable (overlooking the Mississippi), our room was clean and comfortable. Internet connectivity, very important for me, worked well in our room and the TV was adequate.

Apparently there are no bellmen so you should be prepared to lug your own luggage. Luggage carts are available so it’s not a big deal.

Breakfast was the standard buffet, more than adequate for the price of the room. Overall it’s a fine, basic hotel most frequent travelers would find acceptable.

For our first time in Mississippi the view of the river and a very nice walking path were big hits.

If you want to pay the extra rate for a river view room be sure to request a room on the upper levels. Our room was on the second floor, the view of the river was OK but would have been much better higher up.

As far as recommending this hotel…if we ever return to or our passing through Natchez we’d probably stay there, and so should you.

Room Tip: If you want to pay extra for a river view get a room on the upper level floors...above the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Annandale, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The rooms have hardwood floors, which may look nice, but they have the effect of feeling like you’re sleeping on a tap dance floor. There was a wedding party above us, and it felt like I was in the wedding, every noise permeated the paper-thin walls. I even overheard the bartender mention that the hotel is known for having “paper thin walls.” At midnight, I called down to the front desk clerk Annie, complaining about the noise, and asked if they had a fan or noise machine to drown out the noise above. “No” and “no” was her unsympathetic reply. And no attempt was made to move us to another room. Her only other response was a snide “Do you want me to call the night manager at home?”

The next morning, as we were checking out, I explained our sleepless experience to Bo-Allen. “Sorry to hear that" was his reply, and he proceeded to hand me my bill. When I mentioned again about the sleepless night, and thought that I deserved at least some kind of adjustment; he promptly replied, “No, sorry I’m not authorized to do that.” Apparently, only the manager (Naomi Jones) is allowed to make any decisions and she wasn’t there.

A few days later I called the Manager, and left a message on her voicemail. She never had the courtesy to return my call. As an experienced traveler, I must say that the staff at the Natchez Grand gives the impression that they just don’t care.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Calhoun City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

The accommodations here were great especially when dealing with busy teenagers. The hotel rooms were large and spacious and the hotel staff was very nice to us especially during check in and check out. The breakfast was plentiful. We had grits, sausage, eggs, biscuits, and gravy daily. Hot breakfast is a plus for me. Stayed in the junior suite that included a privacy wall with a couch and a chair. Very large room. The bartender was very nice as well. Although I didn't drink alcohol, he would still fix my little concoctions of orange juice and cranberry juice. Would definitely be back and you must try ROUX 61 if you are ever here. Seafood heaven. Thanks Natchez!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Always clean. Wonderful staff.
We always enjoy our stay.
With in walking distance to several local restaurants.
Breakfast is included in rate and a complementary glass of wine in the evenings to watch sunset over the Mississippi River.

• Stayed March 2013
Jackson, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed at the Grand for two nights. Booked a King Suite. The room was extremely large. I was wowed when I first walked in. I stayed in room 338 with a wonderful view of the Mississippi River. It had a separation from the bedroom with a door to close and lock. I wasn't all that pleased with housekeeping. When I opened the closet in the bedroom, there was a towel in the closet. I didn't touch it. The bed wasn't all that comfy. Slept too long and woke up a little stiff. Also, the fitted sheet kept coming off. One pillow had a stain. The AC didn't get as cold either. Had it set to 66 and the coldest it got was 69. My fiance loves it freezing. The hotel itself is nice. They had a wonderful breakfast buffet. May want to tighten up on housekeeping. It is conveniently located across from the convention center which is a plus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel has a great location- the staff are friendly and the rooms big.

But i wanted to draw a bath and was surprised. They glued down a non slip mat in the bathtub. That started floating. And it's bits. I assume the white stuff drifting was glue. Half of the mat floated up. I don't wish to bath with others skin cells. No. Never. It's gross.

Manager- get your cleaning staff to report things like this. It's disgusting. I won't touch my bath now. Does anyone do quality inspection here? This is a global first for me.

Odd the hotel doesn't offer a restaurant to have supper - just a breakfast room.

It ain't 'Grand' for me now. Thanks for the biology lesson guys.

• Stayed March 2013
Hoover, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Spent three nights at the Grand and would highly recommend it! Even though there was some mix up with our package, the staff apologized for the mixup and gave us a credit to correct the mistake. The hotel was exceptionally clean. The rooms were very nice, the beds were excellent, the breakfast was very good, and the staff was helpful. Good location, across from the park on the bluff above the river.

Room Tip: Ask for the river view, and don't get the room behind the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Natchez Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!