“Very Nice:” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Natchez Grand Hotel

Save Saved
You added Natchez Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Natchez Grand Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Broadway, Natchez, MS 39120 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #6 of 19 hotels in Natchez
“Very Nice:”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel and the Staff are very nice and helpful. They have a full breakfast. The rooms are very nice and spacious. The Staff are friendly and helpful and polite. Natchez is so very nice and friendly atomosphere. You will like it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Ridgeland, Ms
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel is near the river and the convention center. My room was large and clean and had a nice river view. However, there were two large problems that need to be addressed by the hotel management staff. When I checked in and was given my room key, I went up to "my room", put the key card in the slot, opened the door, and discovered the room was occupied!!! There were bags and clothes in the room, and thank goodness the room occupant was not in the room.
The other problem and this is a major complaint for me: I asked for a 6 AM wake up call for November 4. Problem is, I received my call at 5 AM since, apparently, no one at the hotel had realized daylight saving time went into effect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Clarksville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We arrived at the Natchez Grand without a reservation, and the staff went above and beyond to accommodate us. This was the final weekend of the Fall Pilgrimage, and most of the hotels/motels were booked. We had two large suites, which were nicely decorated and very clean.

The front desk folks made a reservation for us at Monmouth Plantation for dinner, which was delicious. The continental breakfast was adequate, and the afternoon wine was a nice touch. The location could not have been better. We were within walking distance of a delightful local restaurant -- Cotton Alley, which was great.

Thanks to all of the staff at the Natchez Grand Hotel for making our visit to Natchez a "grand" visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Meridian, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I visited Natchez for a conference, but the Grand was fantastic place to stay for both business and pleasure. Almost everything you want is within walking distance. The river is right next to the hotel and beautiful, there are great trails for sightseeing and walking/running, some good antique stores, and fantastic food nearby. Breakfast was the typical continental free type thing, but I can't speak to the taste of it. I generally bring my own food for breakfast and lunch for health reasons, so I never ate anything at the hotel. There is a free glass of wine offered daily from 5-7pm which was nice. The bartender also had menus for all the restaurants in town and was very helpful when I asked him about the best places to go.

The Grand is very normal hotel made very nice by the excellent service and location. I'm planning a trip back with my husband, and we will definitely stay here!

Room Tip: I had a Luxury King Suite-Historic City View on the third floor. It was a great room for the money...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We just spent a week-end at the Grand Hotel in Natchez, MS 10/27/12 and I must say what a delight. It was very busy but the attention received at the front desk check in was very pleasant. The check out was just as pleasant, I had emailed before our arrival inquiring about the AARP discount as the on line reservation did not give me that option. I was dealing with Bo Allen, and upon request he took care of this discount right away. I was grateful for his attention. The room we stayed in was the King Balcony Suite, the views were amazing from balcony. The breakfast Sunday am was very impressive per my husband to whom LOVES to eat. we were expecting the usual quick to go food type, he said there was food galore, LOTS to choose from that was hot, bacon/sausage/biscuits/gravy/fruit/ eggs/ etc.. the only disappointment here was the rude people being in such a rush. My husband just sat back, thanked God for patience and for the fact he was not like these others, life too short to be acting this way!!!! When we return as we visit trace in Spring/Fall and ride our bikes two to three times a yr. here , we will definitely stay at the Grand!!!! Thanks to the fine people who work here and are so kind, it is greatly appreciated!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Walkable downtown location to all of the sights. Friendly, helpful staff. Very comfortable beds and very quiet and peaceful. Good restaurant cock of the walk located right behind the hotel overlooking the Mississippi River. Highly recommend this and it is not as pricey as it looks.
Good full breakfast included in the a.m. as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

It's a great location, right over the river, and it looks good onlne, but there are issues. For one, the Wi fi was flakey, the window's didn't open, which is bizzarre, over the Mississippi and all, and I can't even get fresh air without paying for the maybe 6 rooms with a balcony, Mark Twain would burn the place down. One highlight was that if you woke up hungry, they did have a very mediocre Tuna Salad and some snacks you could buy 24/7 which saved me once or twice, but otherwise go stay someplace better in a B and B. There was one nice inn owned by the same guy, a business man from New Orleans, that for the same price did give you ten times the value. The Windows being locked shut, and in addition the decorative bt modern street lights being bright as hades and not covred from boncing straight up into your window gave this place the nice idea, but idiotic execution of a business that places profit before hospitality even though they might have been going for someting nice at first..

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
natchezgrandhotel, Director of Sales at Natchez Grand Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments about our location and views of the Mississippi River. In reference to your concerns about the windows, I would like to share some insight with you that may clarify your confusion. Our hotel opened in 2008; therefore it is concurrent with other modern-built hotels that are required (by safety codes) to install sealed windows in guest rooms above ground level. Because Natchez is the oldest settlement along the Mississippi River, buildings must be designed under the city's historical preservation guidelines. This requires some features of the hotel to reflect "historically correct" details (such as the window's appearance of the capability to open, though they in fact do not open, due to regulations.) We are very proud to be located next to the recently-built trails along the bluffs, with beautiful street lights that allow people to enjoy the scenery even after daylight hours. However, for the comfort of our guests, our blackout curtains are ideally designed to efficiently block outdoor lighting. Also, we strive to maintain high quality internet access to our guests. It is very important that any connection issues are brought to our attention so that we can immediately identify and address the issue to make your stay more convenient and enjoyable. Next time you are in Natchez, we hope you will give the Natchez Grand Hotel another chance to improve your impression of our property. Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us.

Been to Natchez Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!