My daughter and I (age 24 and 47) planned a last-minute trip to Mississippi for a family reunion last week. My daughter has always been interested in history; and I've always wanted to stay at an antebellum (Latin for "before the war" by the way) home in Natchez. With short notice, we were able to book a room directly through the property. We stayed in a room above what used to be the kitchen (Now the office and gift shop.); and it was first class all the way. I believe that room has been renovated. The central a/c (thermostat in our room) was excellent. The room was spotless. The bathroom is tastefully updated with granite countertops, jetted bath, and a huge separate shower. The soap, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion are top quality. I believe the mattress was Tempur-pedic (i.e., pressure relieving Swedish mattress); absolutely the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, and I am a mattress snob (bad back)! The grounds of Monmouth. Wow! Huge oak trees and well-manicured gardens. The Southern breakfast was excellent. Everyone at Monmouth greeted us with a smile and seemed genuinely happy to have us as their guest. We toured the bottom floor of Monmouth. Our guide was enthusiastic and entertaining as she told us the history of Monmouth. I would highly recommend Monmouth; and I hope to return for a longer stay. PS: We were told that you cannot smoke inside the buildings; and pets and children are not allowed.
- Also Known As:
- Monmouth Plantation Natchez Hotel
- Monmouth Plantation Natchez Hotel Natchez
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MONMOUTH HISTORIC INN was built in 1818, and is a National Historic Landmark. As a charter member of Southern Living’s Hotel Collection, Monmouth is the perfect choice for travelers seeking an authentic southern travel experience. Wake up each morning to the aroma of a full Southern style breakfast, then take a tour of the magnificent mansion before exploring the grounds and all 26 beautifully landscaped acres. As the sun sets on the picturesque surroundings, relax on the veranda with a Mint Julep and complimentary hors d’oeuvres. In the evening, enjoy fine dining at the award winning “Restaurant 1818” in the antebellum home. As the end of the day draws near, retire to one of the 16 luxury suites or 14 elegantly appointed rooms, where a turned down bed and sweet dreams await! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Monmouth Historic Inn Natchez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.