“We would recommend this to any Natchez visitor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Historic Oak Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchez
Historic Oak Hill Inn
You added Historic Oak Hill Inn to your Saves list
409 South Rankin, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Ranked #1 of 37 Natchez B&B and Inns
Buffalo, NY
“We would recommend this to any Natchez visitor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

This is one of the finest B&Bs we have yet encountered. An antebellum mansion, it is furnished with period pieces, all in excellent condition. The owners, Doug and Don, are men of many talents; cooks, bakers, gardeners and travel advisors. The breakfasts are wonderful, creative and so abundant we never bothered to stop for lunch. The bed was firm and comfortable and the house is air-conditioned and conveniently located.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Arlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

I visited Oak Hill Inn with my husband and felt like I'd come home to a place I belonged! The Inn is nothing short of fantastic with no detail left unattended. The antiques and period furnishings were gorgeous and of such rare quality and craftsmanship I felt as if I were a part of "Natchez royalty"! Our hosts were outstanding, each with his own special contribution - Doug for the history and dramatic flair, and Donald, a great cook and conversationalist. I can't think of a better place to stay in Natchez - Oak Hill is perfect and I'll never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

We chose this B&B primarily for value, price and location, it did not dissappoint. The river and downtown are short walks away past lovely homes and history. We strolled along the river cliff walkway with its victorian homes in the morning, then to and from a downtown restaurant in the evening. The accommodations are first class and elegant. We liked it so much we extended our stay relocating to another room as ours was booked. It was also first class and very comfortable. The breakfasts are amazingly tasty and huge. We enjoyed wine on the terrace by the fountain. In the evening we sat on the front porch and enjoyed gental gasolier lighting and peaceful breeze. More importantly to me it had the details that I require. Wireless internet, climate control of our room, hair dryer, toiletries, unlimited complimentary beverages, ice, cookies,host concierge with maps and info, privacy, quiet, cleanliness, you get the idea. I would highly recommend this B&B.

Denham Springs, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

If you have never experienced a Bed and Breakfast, I highly recommend Oak Hill Inn. It is a taste of old Natchez. Oak Hill Inn provides covered parking; it is quiet, remote, yet walking distance to downtown. Upon arrival, the owners have fresh baked double chocolate chip cookies on the entrance table; you may help yourself to a cookie at anytime. Fresh flowers are in every room. The atmosphere is suburb. Breakfast is suburb. One of my favorites is the crème brulee French toast, “Delicious.” You may sit in the beautiful courtyard or sit on the front porch at your leisure. Oak Hill Inn also has a dependency, which is pet-friendly and is directly across the street from Oak Hill. It also has a beautiful courtyard to enjoy. After staying at several B. & B.’s over the years, my husband and I settled in at Oak Hill Inn. It has become our home away from home. If you would like to have a “Great” B&B experience, stay at Oak Hill Inn. I promise you will not be disappointed. Doug and Don are great hosts and have introduced us to many of the fine Natchez locals, making every stay a special experience for us.

Marietta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

An absolute delightful experience. We were treated so well and made to feel very comfortable. The house is beautifully restored, and Doug was so nice to share all the personal antiques and treasures with us. It was truly the best house tour we had the whole time in Natchez - so much more personal. My only regret is that he was unable to share his biscuit recipe with me as he had made a promise not to share it with the lady who gave it to him. They were mouth watering for sure!!!!

The O'Briens - Atlanta, GA

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
SanDiego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

We've returned here on several occasions and it is consistently OUTSTANDING! Gorgeous does not do justice to Oak Hill. It's full of beautiful museum quality family heirlooms yet it's a comfortable home. Don't miss the house tour by proprietor Doug explaining the history of the furniture, paintings etc. Our suite had a beautiful bed with fabulous linens, cloud- like pillows and an elegant bathroom with crystal sconces. Morning coffee is available in the loggia early (love that!) overlooking the fountain and set on a table decorated with pansies and camelias from Oak Hill's garden. Breakfast is AMAZING- we stayed 5 nights and had a different wonderful breakfast each morning (no wonder- we learned that the owner had worked at Brennan's in New Orleans while attending Tulane Univ.): creme brulee french toast, Natchez pecan soufflee, eggs Benedict, fresh fruit served on period old Paris porcelain. Breakfast is served in the original 1835 dining room with a fire burning. Where else can you eat under an 1850 Irish Waterford crystal gasolier? Dinners can also be arranged in advance- we did that one night and it rivaled any of the best restaurants in New Orleans or San Francisco. The gardens are so pretty with Spanish moss dripping off the crepe myrtle trees. This gem is an award winning house and it shows. We were sorry to leave after a lovely stay, but it was back to reality.....

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Mobile, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Oak Hill Inn and were treated to the most outstanding gracious hospitality we have experienced anywhere. From the moment we parked our car in the covered carport, we were in a world of total relaxation and attention to detail. I am extremely detail oriented, and I was not disappointed in the least. We were promptly greeted and our bags taken. As we entered the rear garden, we were immediately captivated by the ambience of fountain and verandah. Every detail was exceptional and a quality experience for all the senses: the well-tended gardens, the chocolate cookies, the fresh flowers, morning coffee, the sumptuouis breakfasts, the luxurious bed and bath. There is not one detail of our stay that we would change. The owner made himself quietly available for information about entertainment and sights. The only negative we experienced during our stay occurred when I did not heed the owner's advice. We are already planning a return weekend getaway; the breakfasts alone would be worth the drive. The most impressive detail is the host's pride in his home and service. That pride shows in even the smallest things that many people would not even notice. Before our trip I did a lot of Internet research and talked to 3 different hosts before selecting Oak Hill. Without a doubt, I made the right choice.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Historic Oak Hill Inn? Share your experiences!