“What a find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Historic Oak Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchez
Historic Oak Hill Inn
Ranked #1 of 37 Natchez B&B and Inns
Virginia, United States
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I took a long awaited trip to Natchez to enjoy the antebellum homes and the scenic "town on the bluffs" after many years of promising ourselves we'd visit at some point. As the family travel planner, I searched numerous websites and finally settled on Oak Hill Inn - it looked like it would be both picturesque and have the types of amenities we enjoy when travelling. Making the reservation was simple - Doug replied to my e mail inquiry promptly and confirmed us for the queen room on the first floor. We had flight delays that made us later than expected, and our hosts took it all in stride, in spite of their posted "arrive by" time on the website. The home was easy to find and well located with respect to all the sights we wanted to see. The house was absolutely beautiful (c. 1835) and the amenities were all we had hoped for. From the period furnishings to the spectacular breakfasts to the crisp linens on our half tester bed, to the beautifully landscaped back garden, we couldn't have picked a better place to stay. Our hosts provided tips for touring and maps and brochures, and had cookies and a drink waiting for us when we got back in the evening. Guests had the choice of enjoying the back patio with a lovely fountain, the classic southern front porch with wooden rockers, or a well stocked library if the outdoors wasn't your cup of tea. There was even private off street parking right behind the house. We enjoyed the premises, our hosts and the food - I'd highly recommend this B&B to anyone who is planning to be in the Natchez area!

Room Tip: If you like lots of space, choose the downstairs. If you're travelling with several in your par...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Swoope
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We spent a couple of days with Doug and Don, owners of the Historic Oak Hill. It was fantastic!!! The room was fantastic and the breakfasts were beyond words. Not just your ordinary scrambled eggs. They went full out with eggs Benedict, French toast, fresh fruit, etc.

The ambiance of this historic home and grounds, not to mention the great personalities of the hosts make this a place to visit. Having just 3 rooms means you get a lot of personal attention. Did I mention drinking the mint julets Don made and brought us to drink around the wonderful water fountain in the brick patio in the backyard??? You have got to try this B&B when you visit Natchez, MS!

Room Tip: Ask for the 1st floor room - it is nearest the beautiful backyard!
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My sisters and I stayed at the historic Oak Hill Inn and our stay was amazing!! Our hosts were so incredible from the complimentary "happy hour" to the most "delicious" breakfast the next morning!!
Doug helped us with any questions we had on Natchez and gave us a tour of his home that I will
never forget. We slept so good that night in our comfy beds in our beautiful rooms. We did not want to leave the next morning!
My sisters and I agreed that of the years we have been traveling that Oak Hill was our best experience!
I will return but will stay longer next time!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

As usual we had a fine experience at Oak Hill. You get a gourmet breakfast that would cost you $25 a person minimum in the price of the room. If you want another fine dining experience ask them to do a dinner for your group. The price is very reasonable and the wine they serve with it is first class. The owners are obviously proud of their home and they have many fine pieces of furniture and antiques they have accumulated from their families historic past and through meticulous shopping excursions which the have taken all over the world.
I have stayed in a good number of B&B's over the country but Oak Hill in Natchez is at the top of the list.

Room Tip: We like the ground floor room best
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Richton, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We arrived at a super clean establishment and we were met with great hospitality, including fabulous home made cookies and Mint Juleps. Rooms were nice, bed was comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was OUT OF THIS WORLD good!!!! My next visit to Natchez will definitely include a repeat stay at this great Inn.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Oak Hill is like stepping into a time machine. Everything is an easy walking distance from their centrally located residence. Furnished with gorgeous antebellum period furniture and art, the home is breathtaking. The porch is perfect if you like to relax in a rocking chair with a mint julep, which you can get as your complimentary evening cocktail. Our bathroom in the master bedroom was perfect, including a granite waterfall shower and a built in wall heater. The bed could not have been more comfortable, and the room came with a refrigerator full of complimentary soft drinks. Doug and Don were all you could ask for in hosts. They prepared the best breakfasts I've ever had (I'm not exaggerating) and were an endless wealth of knowledge about their own historic home and the city of Natchez. We will definitely be back to visit again, and there is absolutely no question about where we will be staying. Oak Hill deserves its ranking as the best bed and breakfast in the city, and I can't wait to go back.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Historic Oak Hill Inn was a perfect weekend getaway and I will definitely be back again. The owners make their guests a wonderful breakfast each morning (seriously, it was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had), and a complimentary cocktail at happy hour. They also have fresh homemade chocolate cookies out at all times...very dangerous. We stayed in the Master Bedroom, which was immaculate. The bathroom had a waterfall shower and the room had complimentary sodas and waters. It was also the first time I travelled and did not use my own memory-foam pillow, because I liked their pillows better than my own! The location is also perfect at just steps away from some of the mansions that you can take tours of and the neighborhood (and whole historic city center for that matter) is very walkable with lots to see and many historic markers to read. The owners also gave us a historical tour of the Inn, which was very interesting and they have many fabulous pieces of artwork and furniture. I would highly recommend staying here as I have never had such great service anywhere else - they truly know the meaning of Southern hospitality.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Historic Oak Hill Inn? Share your experiences!