“Definition of Excellence” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Historic Oak Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchez
Historic Oak Hill Inn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Springfield
“Definition of Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have stayed at Oak Hill Inn twice within a two month span. The first time was with my husband over Labor Day Weekend. Unlike me, my husband is a Natchez virgin, and someone who typically doesn't like the B&B scene. I also stayed 10/10-10/15 over Fall Pilgrimage with my mother, sister-in-law, and my boss. Both stays were absolutely fantastic, and the first even made a believer out of my husband regarding the whole B&B experience.

My husband and I stayed in the immaculate downstairs suite. The room is spacious and exquisitely furnished. The bed amazingly comfortable, and the shower (my personal favorite feature) is to die for. My second trip was upstairs, with equally fantastic accommodations.

The rooms, though, are just one part of the experience. Doug and Don are the most amazing hosts. From the homemade, delicious breakfasts, the mint juleps, chocolate chip cookies and their unending dedication in making every guest feel like royalty goes above and beyond any other B&B experience you'll have. Whether you're a Natchez veteran, or a first-timer like my husband, the hosts never once make you feel like just another tourist. Actually, if you're anything like me, you'll leave feeling more like family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
East Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights with our friends in October and we were blown away by the beautiful rooms and truly amazing breakfasts. The house is more like a mini Victorian museum. The rooms are beautifully furnished with period pieces yet it has all the modern conveniences you need. We had a warm welcome accompanied by Mint Julips served in silver beakers, a first for us. The local visitors centre is worth visiting as are the local antebellum houses, we also enjoyed a horse and cart ride around the town with Mark who was most informative. There is a display of local photographs on in one of the local churches, sorry I forget which one but it is well worth the visit. Natchez is a quiet town especially in the evenings compared to our other destinations but the people were all most helpful and kind.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a lovely visit to Natchez for the fall pilgrimage that was made complete by staying in this historic bed and breakfast which offered amazing hospitality. The proprietors (Doug and Donald) welcomed us like old friends in for a visit. They took the time to explain the history of the home and collection of antiques throughout the residence. They offered helpful recommendations regarding the Natchez area and things to see and do. The breakfasts were creative, delicious and plentiful.

Broadbeach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

It was amazing to be able to stay in this beautiful b&b during our stay in Mississippi. The grounds and house were immaculately kept and our room was gorgeous with a lovely four post bed! We enjoyed the welcome choc chip cookies and Don made us a delicious Mint Jelup. A highlight was being able to sit in rocking chairs in the sun on the huge front porch and relax. Don and Doug were extremely hospitable and offered many suggestions and tips on the local area. Finishing off our stay with a delicious southern breakfast just made our stay perfect!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My friends and I thoroughy enjoyed two nights with Doug and Donald at their beautiful inn/home. The hospitality was incredible. We anxiously awaited our mint juleps on the patio each evening and were thrilled at the lavish and delicious breakfast each morning (no lunch needed!!). Their advice on what to see and do in Natchez was most welcome, and we enjoyed learning about the town and its inhabitants. Staying at the Oak Hill Inn was the highlight of a fun and relaxing weekend in Natchez!!

Lexington, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This wonderful Bed and Breakfast is a home away from home. The owners (Doug and Donald) are very kind and the atmosphere is perfect. Donald carried our bags upstairs, made sure we had everything we needed and Doug gave great advice and historical knowledge on the plantations and even the Historic Old Oak Inn. I felt that I had everything at my fingertips and a very short walk/drive from the downtown area makes this a perfect location. I truly believe that the Mint Julep and those soufflés were the best part!

Jonesville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay! Oak Hill has such charming elegance. The décor is gorgeous. The hosts, Doug & Don are terrific and very attentive. They are very knowledgeable about Natchez and had wonderful information and recommendations about places and restaurants to visit. We toured several antebellum homes while in Natchez and the tour at Oak Hill was by far the best we experienced. If you love to be pampered you will enjoy the experience at Oak Hill. The gourmet breakfasts are delicious and the table setting is beautiful. There are delicious homemade cookies to enjoy in the afternoon, and the welcoming Mint Julep's are awesome – cool and refreshing – and nice to enjoy on the porch and take in the tranquility of the view of the grounds. The downstairs suite was fabulous! The antique furnishings make you feel as if you are walking back in time. The bed was very comfortable. The spacious bathroom has modern furnishings that blend very well with the suite decor. This was a surprise birthday treat for me the weekend of 9/28 & 29, and I couldn't have asked for a lovelier or more romantic setting. We would definitely recommend Oak Hill to anyone wanting to experience charming southern hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Historic Oak Hill Inn? Share your experiences!