“An Amazing Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Historic Oak Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchez
Historic Oak Hill Inn
409 South Rankin, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Special Offer
Complimentary Mint Julep
Ranked #1 of 34 Natchez B&B and Inns
New Orleans
“An Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I can't say thank you often enough to Doug and Don for making our stay at Oak Hill so memorable. We shared the upstairs area with my in-laws. The bedrooms were really nice yet comfortable and homey. We didn't feel like guests...we felt like family. It was the perfect mini vacation...from sipping a mint julep on the front porch to time spent in the library perusing Doug's collection of cookbooks to relaxing around the fountain in the courtyard (the landscaping is simply beautiful). Breakfast is a an experience in itself...gourmet food served on 1800 china. If you stay at Oak Hill do not miss Don's tour of the house. Don gave us information on area restaurants and tours. They were always available to answer any questions we had. We enjoyed touring Natchez but couldn't wait to return to our "home away from home". I know there are many B & B's in Natchez but I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. Why settle when Oak Hill is the best of the best. Can't wait to return. Planning a girls/sisters weekend to Oak Hill.

Room Tip: The downstairs room and bathroom are larger than the upstairs bedrooms but they are all beautifully...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

524 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Espanola, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

On our recent road trip through the south we were fortunate to have stayed at Oak Hill Inn. The suite we had reserved on the lower floor was full of southern comfort and attention to every detail. The breakfast each morning was like dininng at a true southern mansion with all the trimmings and service. The food was fantastic and the other guest were delightful. We were in heaven with the "Eggs Benidict" ! No grits and gravy here. Being in the hospitality industry ourselves, we could not praise the host more for their special care with all the guests.
Creaky floors ? Hey, it's a grand old house with lots of character. Mint Julips by the garden fountain on a lazy afternoon...who could ask for more. An don't forget the delicious cookies on the back veranda.
If you are passing through Natchez this should be a "Must Stay" on your list. Tell Doug and Don that their guests from New Mexico said hello !
We have no doubt that you will enjoy your visit at Oak Hill Inn

Room Tip: The only first floor suite is super.
Bridport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Oak Hill Inn in April and I cannot praise the hosts enough for our wonderful stay. Doug and Don certainly know the meaning of attention to detail. Our downstairs suite was perfect, the breakfasts were certainly gourmet and prepared skilfully, Don introduced me to mint juleps served in a silver cup, delicious. I feel that they certainly know how to look after their guests and other establishments could certainly learn a lot with regard to customer care from the wonderful Doug and Don.

San Marcos, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you are looking for a top notch B&B for your visit to Natchez, Oak Hill will not disappoint!! From the moment we got there to the time we left every need was answered. I have stayed at a lot of B&B's in the past and I have to say Oak Hill is at the top on my list of B&B's. The breakfast was superb, the bed felt like home (I never sleep that good while traveling), the dining recommendations were perfect, and the cleanliness and friendliness amazing. I can whole heartedly recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a great place to stay while in Natchez.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dripping Springs, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was planning the yearly excursion with my mother and sisters. We had all agreed it would be fun to see the Antebellum homes in Natchez and I found Oak Hill Inn through Trip Advisor. The Owners greeted us with warm smiles and helpful hands as we unloaded several suitcases. We were able to have the top floor all to ourselves which were two very beautifully appointed bedrooms sharing a bathroom. Perfect!!!! The Owners were extremely helpful with all the questions we had concerning the city and the home tours. They gave us information on local restaurants that were right on. The food around Natchez was delicious but our favorite meal of the day was the gourmet breakfast at Oak Hill Inn. We were amazed at how delicious everything was and they were very accommodating with our gluten free and vegetarian needs. Our rooms were very nice and the beds very comfortable. The library was stocked with very interesting books and I wish I'd been able to spend more time there. The grounds were beautiful and the house cats were extremely friendly. Sitting on the front porch with a complimentary mint julep was so relaxing and refreshing, I can't even describe it. The Inn is very close to all the homes we toured. I can say without a doubt I want to go back as soon as I possibly can. It's true, Doug and Don's attention to detail was superb and I would recommend Oak Hill Inn to anyone looking for a worry free holiday. I'm thinking my next trip might be Christmas!!!!!

Room Tip: Every room was lovely.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed two nights here on our honeymoon. The garden is lovely. The parlor and library were opulent and quaint. Breakfast was sumptuous and the company is friendly.
He also serves afternoon drinks and cookies. Though remember to ask for non sweetened tea. It is the Deep South after all.

Carmichael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The previous reviews are all "spot on" regarding how outstanding the Historic Oak Hill Inn is......and I mean outstanding in all aspects Yes, the gourmet breakfasts were fantastic and made with love and care. Yes, the home was incredible. (We stayed in the downstairs suite and loved it!) and Yes, the nightly Mint Julips on the front porch were a great touch. But most important is that Doug and Don love being B&B hosts. Their pride in ownership showed in every detail of our visit. When we visited Oak Hill we were treated as special guests of Doug and Don, inclucing a personal tour of their historic home filled with family treasures. That is the biggest compliment that I can give a B&B. Thank you Doug and Don for sharing your home with with us. We will never forget our stay and plan to come back and stay with you again. Dave and Janiece

Room Tip: We stayed in the downstairs suite. Very beautifully appointed, spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Historic Oak Hill Inn? Share your experiences!