“Sister's Visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Historic Oak Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchez
Historic Oak Hill Inn
409 South Rankin, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Special Offer
Complimentary Mint Julep
Ranked #1 of 34 Natchez B&B and Inns
Biloxi, Mississippi, United States
“Sister's Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My sister and I had a girls time away and visited Oak Hill Inn in early October of 2012 during the Fall Pilgrimage. We had a great time. This is my second time visiting the historical home, and I wanted to show it off because I just love it. It is a place that I can run away to and get that home away from home feeling. The house is warm and inviting, Doug and Don are wonderful people and great hosts, the gardens around the home are absolutly beautiful and very peaceful. Oh, and the best part, the food! Wonderful gourmet breakfast, and beautifully served. My sister fell in love with Oak Hill as I did. Natchez is such a great place to visit for a mini vacation. I will be returning and staying at Oak Hill again.

Room Tip: Because it was my sister and I we stayed upstairs in the Blue Room where there were two beds. Very...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

530 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Kentwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We decided to get away on a last minute vacation, and was lucky to find an available room at the Oak Hill Inn. It was best nights sleep and mini-vacation anyone could ask for! (The mattress was CrAzY comfortable!!!!!)
The hosts were very gracious and hospitable, not to mention knowledgeable of the history and area attractions. I have special diet needs and even at a last minute notice, they were sure to accommodate me, with no issue! We were also given a historic tour of the home after a FABulous breakfast, that was very interesting to say the least.
These gentlemen have done an immaculate job on their restoration on this historical home. We will be back!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Maitland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Beautiful, peaceful, lovingly restored. It was gracious southern hospitality at it's best. Gourmet breakfasts, elegantly served. The gardens with fountains and rockers on the porch and fine mint juleps. The location makes it so easy to get around and Doug and Don were very helpful with suggestions on what to see, etc. We enjoyed the other guests as well. We wish we lived closer so we could return often, as they do. Doug's tour of the house was a highlight of the trip.
We felt most welcome. Clean and neat as a pin. Highly recommend and would stay there again in a heart beat!

Winter Park, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I'm not going to make this a long review because most of us won't read it so I'm going to get to the point of what you want to know. Doug and Don are most gracious host with a beautiful restored historic home. The gourmet breakfast that you will receive will be one of the best breakfast you will have ever eaten. The rooms are very nice and they provide all that is neccessary for your needs. The beds are very comfortable. The grounds are exquisite and they greet you with a smile and a drink and homemade cookies. They know the area extremely well and can tell you what to see and what restaurants to go too. The highlight of your trip will be staying there and you will want to come back!!!

merlin076
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here on the 11th of September 2012 and what a find this was! House is wonderfully decorated in period decor and could not believe how helpful our hosts were without being overbearing. We felt like we had the house to ourselves. We were served mint juleps on the verandah when we arrived which was bliss after travelling all day in the car and being weary to say the least. The breakfast the next morning was served in the beautiful dining room and was wonderful. Eggs Florentine, fresh baked warm pecan muffins with maple syrup and fresh fruit was all delicious. Do yourself a favour and stay here for some good old fashioned hospitality and at a price that i think is a steal! We were in America for 3 months and feel this was one of the highlights of our trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have been to B&B's around the US and in Europe and this was by far the best experience I've ever had. First off, it was beautiful, with fine antiques and a gorgeous garden/fountain area in the back of the property. More importantly to me, it was extremely clean and comfortable. Doug gave us a wonderful tour (which was really one of my favorites of all in Natchez) and the other guests we stayed with were wonderful too. He went above and beyond. Both couples staying had been numerous times to Natchez and always come back to Oak Hill. The breakfast was outstanding. It was actually my favorite meal we had, even over the finest restaurants we dined in for dinner. It was so nice to actually stay somewhere where they used fine china and silver; I felt we were really served well and that is so rare these days. These men know what they are doing and I felt like this was a real vacation. Thank you Doug and Don for a wonderful stay!

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our stay at Oak Hill was a genuine highlight of a wonderful trip. Our visit started inauspiciously, stuck in traffic for hours at Baton Rouge. But as soon as we arrived Doug saw our tired and dusty faces and prescribed mint juleps on the porch. It was August, and the afternoon sun had some kick to it, but that only added to the rightness of the moment. Heat, a porch, two rocking chairs, the most glorious surrounds, and the perfect mint julep to hand. Wonderful. Natchez is just beautiful and Doug pointed us in all the right directions; for dinner; for lunch; and for visiting. He and Don also prepared a stunning breakfast, which was a highlight on a trip filled with good food. Doug also gave us a tour of the house, which really is exquisite, and went out of his way to make us feel comfortable. Our bed was a delight to sleep in, and the facilities were not just functional and comfortable - they felt like they had been chosen with real care by people with an excellent eye for the tasteful.

I think the best thing I can say about our stay is that I was made to feel like an invited and valued guest, not just a stranger who was paying for a bed. Doug and Don are truly wonderful hosts and have a truly wonderful home.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Historic Oak Hill Inn? Share your experiences!