“A local favorite” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Hayward, Wisconsin
“A local favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the owners of our Bed & Breakfast. The restaurant was still quite crowded at 9:00, which is a pretty good indication of the quality of food. Since it was too late for a big dinner, I settled on a popular appetizer Friend Green Tomatoes, and my husband had the shrimp po'boy This was our first restaurant in "Southern" country, so I can't really give a qualified response to prices, but I can comment on the appetizer. I had never eaten friend green tomatoes, but now I'm hooked (if only I can duplicate what I ate there). I have a "foodie" memory...I relate my travels often by the culinary "gems" I find. This is one of those gems. The tomatoes were topped by batter fried craw fish and a cajun spice hollandaise sauce. I better stop writing....I'm getting too excited! Oh, the Po'boy was also quite good. I'd give a better review if I had a complete dinner, but based on what I ate, I'd recommend trying it.

Visited May 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
“Great dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great casual dinner place in Natchez under the Hill.Go early as parking can be tight. Good food!Quaint atmosphere in the area.

Visited June 2014
Durrington, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We ate at the Magnolia Grill as it had been recommended by the nice lady in the tourist information centre. We booked ahead but still had to wait ten minutes for our table. The food was excellent, especially the grilled catfish. What lets the place down is the service. We had to keep asking for things as there appeared to be a "couldn't be bothered" attitude fron the waitress who served us. Others being waited on at a different table were being served much more efficiently. It was a shame really as the location and food were so good.

Visited June 2014
Slidell, LA, United States
“Hour and a Half to get our Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We went to Magnolia Grill on Sunday, June 8. We arrived at just before 7 and were seated within 10 minutes. The view is stunning of the Mississippi River. Sadly the wait staff was overwhelmed and based on how slow the food was delivered, they must have been short on kitchen staff. Our young waiter was constantly apologetic. When our food did arrive, the hamburger came without the seasoned fries. I had to go to the bar to inform our waiter who was putting together the bill for a table of 8 that were next to us and they must have had six different bills. When the fries came I had long since finished my burger. There should have been a manager on the scene coordinating the many challenges and a good touch would have been to come by each table. I am not alone, it became painfully obvious. It just appeared as though all of the top experienced management and staff took a Sunday evening off at the expense of their patrons.I hope someone from management sees this, you have too wonderful of a location to blow it with very poor service.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Nice views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were recommended to come here, it has a lovely view of the Miss river and Natchez bridge. The baked catfish was delicious.

Visited May 2014