“Yumm!” 4 of 5 stars

+1 601-446-8500
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Castle Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 89 Restaurants in Natchez
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Charleston, SC
“Yumm!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

We ate here on a Saturday night (I recommend reservations!) and it was lovely. Food was great and atmosphere delightful.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

NY-NJ
“Gorgeous dining room, very good lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

Had excellent po'boys for lunch one day. Service is friendly and generally good. Breakfasts were excellent both days we stayed there.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Great local dining experience with nice atmosphere and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

We just returned to our B&B room from a nice dinner at Castle Restaurant. We were hesitant to go there, even with the recommendation of our innkeeper, because of some of the reviews here on this website about the sometimes horrible service. We are very happy about our decision to give the restaurant a try.
We went on a Monday evening after Christmas, and did not have (or need) reservations. We first took a table by the window, but also next to a family with small children. After about 5 minutes, we asked to be moved across the restaurant since the 2 year old child was very noisy. (Note to future diners...this is NOT the place for ill-behaved or uncontrollable children!!).

We had a very courteous server, Tori, who attended to us very well throughout the meal. As mentioned previously, we were very apprehensive about going to this restaurant due to prior reviews about the poor service. We had no such experience. Our server made sure our water glasses were kept full, and bread was available. Appetizers, salads, and entrees were brought out in a timely fashion.

I ordered a glass of house Pinot Noir for $7 that was very good, and my wife had a lemon martini that was also good. As an appetizer, we shared the jumbo lump crabcake with hollandaise sauce for $12 that was fantastic...huge chunks of crabmeat. I ordered a half "Godchaux" salad with shrimp and crabmeat. It was also very good, although I would have liked for the shrimp to be deveined, and also there was a little too much chopped egg for my taste.

The entrees were absolutely incredible...I ordered the Sautéed Redfish with Beurre Blanc, Lyonnais Potatoes and Roasted Vegetable Medley. The fish was perfectly seasoned and cooked, and the vegetables consisted of roasted peppers, onions, and squash. My wife ordered a fantastic dish consisting of shrimp (this time it was deveined), crawfish tail, andui, tasso, and cheese ravioli in a cajun-spiced cream sauce. Wow!!! If we return I will definitely order that next time.

With the drinks, appetizer, salad, entrees and tip, it costs us a total of $120 for two. I would consider this an average price for this type of food with this atmosphere. Not a bargain by any means, but also not over-priced.

I think what kept us from giving this an "excellent" rating was the lack of "refinement" and "polished" presentation.

I highly recommend Castle Restaurant to those visiting Natchez and have a budget for this type of meal. Other great meals can be had for half this price in town, albeit not as tasty or with this atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hot Springs
“Great Food Sorry Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

We made our way to the bistro by 6PM the restaurant was basically empty when we arrived. We were seated and waited for the waiter and waited and waited. Finally he arrive took or order and disappeared, I got the attention of manager and ask to order some wine, Our food came to the table which we really enjoyed, but the waiter had disappeared once again. Up on finishing our dinner we were able to order a small desert but alas or waiter had vanished. Finally we received our bill, the manager finally took the bill before the waiter came back to the table. Now I can understand if the bistro was full but by the time we left the facility was only 20% full. Great food lousy service

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Food is good, service is so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

We had a drink in the downstairs pub before dinner, and both my husband and I thought the decor could do with a makeover to make it more warm and inviting. Our dinner was good, but the wait staff seems new and inexperienced, with none of the sophistication you would expect from a higher end restaurant. Our waiter, Seth, mumbled and was either painfully shy or unsure of what he was supposed to be doing. The bus girl gave us a blank stare when we tried to engage her. We had to move the table ourselves to avoid sitting in the laps of the people behind us.