“Clean, great view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Isle of Capri Casino and Hotel

Isle of Capri Casino and Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Natchez
Isle of Capri Casino and Hotel
53 Silver Street, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Ranked #17 of 19 hotels in Natchez
Petal, Mississippi
“Clean, great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

They had a free lite breakfast. The room was spacious and clean. The water did come out of the tub pipes kinda discolored but after it ran a minute it was clear. The towels were a good quality, and the room smelled nice. The river view was amazing. We stayed here for a convention and everything was a bikes ride away. The king bed room had the large comfortable bed with plenty of pillows and the right amount of covers with extras in the closet, two end tables with lamps, a small breakfast table with two chairs and a coffee maker, and a lounge chair with a foot rest, a tv, and a fridge. The bathroom had plenty of towels and courtesy toiletries with a blowdryer. The closet was big with hangers, an ironing board, and an iron. I never had any noise problems and the cleaning staff had everything freshened up for us every day even though the hotel was completely booked up. For the price, I would stay here again and recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed four nights. The manager was cool to approve an "extended" stay (I guess policy says no more than 3 consecutive nights) and let us book back to back two-night packages.

The lobby was pretty bare. But I don't spend my time hanging out there.

The room was bare as well. A/C worked fine. Bed was ok. TV was Basic cable. Pillows weren't the best but we usually bring our own anyway. No fridge. The water didn't get very hot and it took a minute to warm up.

The biggest disappointments were the breakfast, the wifi and some of the service.

Breakfast consisted of two types of muffins, frosted flakes, Cheerios, juice and coffee. I mean, come on, you get better at the super 8.

Cell service just sucks inside the hotel. At least with AT&T. The wifi was spotty at best. It didnt even work until Friday.

There was a "mystery charge" on my card for $23 on day 3 and I asked the desk clerk to check it out and she acted like she couldn't be bothered with it. Sorry, but if you're going to charge me you're going to tell me why.

All in all I'm not disappointed with the stay because we got TWO carriage rides (great!), TWO free antebellum home tours (awesome!) and four free buffets (crab legs on the weekend!) with the package. It came out to be about $75 worth of free stuff (per package) we used and quite enjoyed.

The hotel is located just across from the visitors center and a short drive from anything you'd want to do in Natchez. It ain't the Ritz, but its an ok place to crash between tours.

• Stayed January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this property for 2 nights, the room was not cleaned very well. There was stains on the carpet, the bedspread had burns on it, the sheets and blankets were dirty, the pillows(if you want to call them that) were flat never seen pillows that thin. The walls are paper thin you could here the conversation ( and please be careful if you decide to do other activities in the room we heard that also) of the couple next door. Upon our return the room had not been cleaned called to the from desk, she stated housekeeping was gone for the day to leave a complaint. I asked for clean towels she stated that I had to come to the front desk to get them. I would never spend my money there again. The breakfast was terrible, cold muffins, paper cups for juice and coffee. No even a 1 star hotel. The owners should visit this property and fix these problems.

Room Tip: This was not my first trip here so none of the rooms are good. So don't waste your money on this...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Highland Village, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here 1 night and I would have to say it is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. Rude front desk person talked to someone on her cell phone throughout the check-in process. (not business). The room stunk of mildew and the sheets were so thin you could read a newspaper through them. Bathroom was dirty and the fixtures were ancient. We went downstairs for the free breakfast and found the room overrun with unsupervised children who were handling all of the food. Needless to say we did not eat there. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

If you have ever wanted to travel back in time then enter a bedroom at this hotel, you will be back to 1973 with outdated carpets, bed linen, TV, wallpaper etc etc. This could be a good hotel if only the owners would spend money renovating the rooms. Did not have a problem with any rude staff as others had found and I enjoyed the casino as you could play for low stakes, it was a bit smoky though. Breakfast was not great, but at least they give you something, unlike a lot of US hotels.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pineville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was very leary about staying at this hotel due to all the reviews i read. I contacted the hotel and they ask that i give them a try, so i did.
No it is not a 5 star Hotel but it is very nice, clean and the staff was nice. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel you may need to go to another place but there is nothing wrong with this hotel and will be staying at it again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I checked it with rude staff, found a grossly dirty room, and promptly checked out. The staff refused to credit my credit card and I protested the charge. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER go to this hotel. I think you are taking your health and life in your hands, imagine sleeping out in the open in the worst part of town. SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!

Room Tip: Go next door to the Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Isle of Capri Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!