“Don't Stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Natchez

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Natchez
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Natchez
Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Natchez
You added Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Natchez to your Saves list
53 Silver Street, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Natchez
Pine Bluff, Arkansas
“Don't Stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We were in Natchez for our son's wedding and arrived on a stormy evening. As we were going upstairs I felt the floor move. We found later that a tornado had passed over and ebing on the third floor and the whole place shaking made me wonder how stable the building was. It is incredibly overpriced for what it is. A night at a Super Eight would serve the purpose just as well and a whole lot cheaper. It isn't any different than staying in a cheaper Hotel or motel. You got nothing extra and it just isn't worth the price.

Room Tip: Any at another motel or hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I actually ended up in this hotel because my parents made the reservations...Next time I'll be sure to help them out. I got a bad feeling when I found out check-in was at 4pm. We arrived at 3pm only to be RUDELY told that there were no rooms available. After sitting in the lobby for an hour I didn't see ANYONE check-out so I'm not sure why we couldn't have checked in before time. The room was a mess. Even my children called the beds midget beds. They were small and not very high off the floor. It felt like I was sleeping on a box. The free continental breakfast, that by the way required a ticket, consisted of cheese danish, blueberry muffins, toast, and cheerios. TERRIBLE!!!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lakeland TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We were mislead. We were told it was connected to the casino, but it was not. The beds were hard and the breakfast was pathetic. This is the only hotel I have rated 1 star and I have stayed in many hotels all over the US. We wanted to stay at the Grand, but it was booked and I asked them which hotel we should try next and they said the Hampton. When I called them they only had smoking and was $40 more than the Isle of Capri. Knowing now What I do about the Isle of capri I would pay more and stay at the Hampton Inn. I at least I know they have comfy beds and a super hot breakfast. We did go to the casino and have the lunch buffet, because we got a free buffet for signing up as a member. It normally costs $7 and would have been worth it even if we had to pay. It had a variety of food and many desserts to choose from. Well worth it.

Room Tip: I would not stay here, but if you have to ask for a corner room with river view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Room was clean enough, and wi-fi was free, but there is definitely nothing great about this hotel. Lobby restroom was out of paper towels. Staff was nice. Free breakfast was pretty boring, but coffee was good. Their casino is interesting because it is actually an old riverboat and we loved the buffet there. Best mac and cheese I found on our month long trip.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012 via mobile

My company put two crews up at the isle of capri in natchez ms. we had 6 rooms booked and we werent too sure how long we would be staying, we checked in on a sunday. Tuesday morning while at work in woodville ms. I get a call from the hotel telling me that I needed to come get our stuff cause we had been checked out, after arguing with the lady on the phone I got to keep my rooms but the rate went from 59$ to 89$ for the remainder of our stay. Cleanliness.... This one blows my mind, tuesday after getting off work late I walk in my 614 room and notice the bed hasnt been made, when I go to pull the covers back on bed there were womens red thong panties at the toe kick below my bed, I get my boot and kick them across the room, go down stairs to inform the front desk clerk of what I found in my room, only to be shrugged off and told that I would have to wait for the.manager charles to come in in the morning. That morning when charles made it in, I told him what I found, he acted as if it werent a big deal, and said he would get it handled... Wednesday after working another 12 hour day and finally making it back to the hotel. Panties were still in my room!!!!!!!!!!! So I had to go down to lobby and had to force somebody to go to my room and remove the unknown womens under garments. Pathetic work ethic if u ask me, but whatever. hotel staff are rude, hardly ever will u hear sir, its always some hood slang that this texas boy doesnt understand! Never again will I stay at this hotel, and I would advise against anyone else doing so too. The isle of capri needs to do something abt this branch in natchez, or else business will continue to be lost

• Stayed February 2012
St. Albert, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

We were on an organized tour of the "south" and although we were warned that the Isle would be the least pleasant of the hotels we would stay in, nothing prepared us for this. The room was filthy, the bedding not clean (out bedspread had a large hole in it) and the room reeked of smoke. The bathroom desperately needed a redo (aside from painting over everything. We slept in our clothes that night. The shuttle was only to a smoke filled casino, where the seafood buffet was disgusting. It was very evident that the staff at the hotel were not the least bit interested in creating a pleasant experience for their guests. We have written a letter to our tour operators as to billet guest at this hotel was disrespectrul - the place should be shut down.

Room Tip: Stay away from the hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Stayed here on Dec 8th of 2011 for business - had to as other hotels were booked. Check-in was smooth and the young lady working the desk was very pleasant and attentive. Nice lobby with sunken living room across from the desk. However, once you get in the elevator and up to your rooms, it changes - I expected to hear Rod Serling in the background and the music to The Twilight Zone to play over the speakers as one time-warps into the early 70's. This was horrible - from the bad psychedelic carpet (God help you if you are pregnant and nauseated - kiss dinner goodbye), the room doors showing poorly concealed and badly done repairs, to the shroud for the ventilation fan in the bathroom falling off, and paint peeling from around the tub and tub fixtures.

Bathroom is very tiny, but at least the shower head worked properly. The beds were old and hard, making sleeping on your side an unpleasant chore. One caveat tho - you can't freeze in this room - a/c doesn't work well enough to.

No fridge or microwave in this room and room furniture was cheap, barely a step up from the chipboard, do-it-yourself assembly furniture you can buy at Wal-Mart. Towels were old and scratchy, and closet area was dirty.

Breakfast was sparse, even for continental fare. Toast (with stale bread), overly sweet and sticky, tiny sweet rolls, and generic versions of Frosted Flakes and Cheerios with lukewarm milk - no ice bath to keep it in to keep it at an acceptable cold temp, and apple and cranberry juices. For this horrible offering, you have to give a breakfast ticket to be able to eat this stuff. My advice is to go elsewhere for breakfast - Dairy Queen's breakfast menu is far superior to this.

Checkout was bad. I had to slap the front desk counter hard and loudly to get the girl's attention since she was so buried in her cell phone texting. Scared her, but she ignored me as I walked up and ignored any attempt at conversation. Remember she is standing only 3 feet from me across the counter. Now I am not a small or short person, hence I am hard to miss. Telling me that you did not see me standing there means you were not even paying attention. She gave me an excuse that a relative was in the hospital. If you are so worried about that - take the time off and go spend it with them - don't stand there and spend more time texting than paying attention to customers.

Gratitude for having an available room for the night, pre-empting the need to sleep in my car is the only reason I gave it a 2.

Room Tip: Don't stay here - across the parking lot next to them is the Hampton Inn. The rooms are $10-$20...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Natchez? Share your experiences!