“it was beautiful and breath taking.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Weymouth Hall

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Natchez
Weymouth Hall
Save Saved
You added Weymouth Hall to your Saves list
One Cemetery Road, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Natchez
missippi
“it was beautiful and breath taking.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

it was the best veiw of the mississippi river id ever seen in my life. and if youre going to natchezi reccomend staying at weymouth hall

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

Weymouth Hall is a beautiful and charming B & B that rests alone on a bluff, overlooking the Mississippi River. A historical cemetery is located across the road. Interesting. The owner was friendly. The room was large, clean, and nicely furnished with antiques. The bathroom is small, but we were quite happy to have a private bath (vs. a shared bathroom). The views of the Mississippi River were fabulous at sunrise and sunset. Bring your camera. There are numerous wrought iron tables and chairs on the lawn of the home, perfect for drinking coffee and soaking in the beauty. My only complaint --- it would have been wonderful to have breakfast along with the view. The owner gave us coupons to have breakfast elsewhere.

Stayed June 2008
Natchez, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

The house has a wonderful view of the Mississippi River and the historic Natchez Cemetery is across the street. (You may want to look at the Natchez Cemetery website before visiting). However, it is a 15-minute walk to other attractions. Our room was very large and the host had coffee available in the foyer outside our room. The breakfast was at a bed and breakfast across town; however, we found this to be a benefit since it gave us the opportunity to visit another plantation. The host was very friendly and did her best to make us feel at home.

• Liked — Great view of the Mississippi River
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Navarre, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2007

Wife and I stayed one night at at Weymouth Hall. The Bed and Breakfast Inn has new owners. The new owners were not very organized. On arrival, the owner's family and children were in the process of cleaning the rooms. I wanted to confirm my reservations before we went to lunch in the local area. The owner had a helper show me our room but the helper was not familiar with the process for checking in or payment for the room and he could not tell me when breakfast would be served. He wanted to take my credit card number so the owner could charge the room to my credit card later. After returning from lunch and a tour, the owner was no where to be found. The next morning, we meet the owner who informed us there would be no breakfast at Weymouth Hall but she provided us a voucher for eating breakfast at another inn about 5 miles from Weymouth Hall. When checking out, I attempted to pay for the room with a credit card, but the owner did not know how to use her credit card machine plus she wanted to charge me 14% tax instead of the normal tourist tax of 10% After serval unsuccessful attempts to process the card, I offered to pay using cash. I ask for a receipt which she provided by using a Weymouth Hall information card with the words "Paid by Cash" written in ink on the card. Not very professional. Unless they improve their Inn keeper skills, this Inn will not be in businnes much longer. Though the views of the Mississippi River from the Inn were great, I would not recommend staying at this Inn.

Stayed February 2007
Longview, TX USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2004

My first choice was Dunleith, but it was sold out the night I wanted to stay there, so I called Natchez Pilgrimage Tours, which offers a Reservation Service for many of the area's lodging establishments. They actually made the choice for me, and I was very pleased. The room I stayed in deserves an "A" rating; clean, spacious, beautifully decorated and furnished with antiques. I have stayed at other Natchez B&B's that overlook the Mississippi River, but this one is by far the best. The views are completely unobstructed and possibly the prettiest within the class of those which offer this natural "amenity." Breakfast was more than filling. What impressed me most, though, is that tours of the house are generally not offered at all. Yet when I told Mrs. Guice, the owner, that I am very interested in the subject of Antebellum homes, she made an exception and showed me around after breakfast. This was really a stretch, as this home is occupied by the owners, and these are their private quarters. Many would have refused such an intrusion into their own living space, which would be understandable. The guest who selects Weymouth Hall can't go wrong. It is an excellent choice in an of itself; better than many others who Ballyhoo themselves and spend much more on marketing their properties. Bring your camera and take pictures of the views from the lawn at different times of day, and they will probably be among the best photos you've ever taken.

dallas, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2003

Was a very nice experience. You can see the Mississippi far below from the lawn of the hotel, which has some elegant chairs and tables and is very pretty. This is also one of the few b&b's which allows kids (we have a 2 year old). The couple that runs it is very friendly. They will allow you on the 2nd floor verandah, which gives you an even better view. The room was certainly adequate, and we had a good breakfast, which was not over formal.

Been to Weymouth Hall? Share your experiences!