“Discouraged style. Tom I.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Weymouth Hall

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Natchez
Weymouth Hall
Save Saved
You added Weymouth Hall to your Saves list
One Cemetery Road, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Natchez
Arthur, Illinois
“Discouraged style. Tom I.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night in this classic southern residence. The room was very nice, but the bath was very cramped, paint was pealing from the walls and there was a leak under the sink. I guess I was dissolusioned, thinking these B and B's would be pretty much pristine and well kept.

The breakfast at the Castle was very nice, but again disappointing because of obvious roof leak repairs that were not close to complete.

Room Tip: For what we were looking for in experience, we should have walked away from this one and gone to a m...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Millwood, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Having read all of the other reviews about Weymouth Hall from 2007-2012 I find it interesting that every problem that other guest complained about or experienced remain exactly the same as mine!! Paying in cash, eating breakfast off of the property, the broken Keurig, the voice mail box filled, Maratha, while very nice, giving scattered directions, no one on the property first thing in the morning to give your vouchers for breakfast, we got ours at 9:00AM...
The view was beautiful, but not enough to off set the lack of attention paid by the management to its guests!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Clinton, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I were looking forward to a romantic weekend away together and decided to try somewhere new in Natchez that we had never stayed. Weymouth hall looked beautiful online and when I called the make the reservation the owner was very nice. She did explain to me that we would have breakfast at the Castle Restuarant which was at another location. We were fine with that. She also told me if I paid in cash she would not charge any extra fees as if I paid with my card. When we arrived, there was no one in sight. Our key was left on the desk with a note written on the back of an envelope. When we returned that night, there was no one there. The next morning, my husband went to get coffee in the office area, there was none with any caffeine. There was no one around to ask for any. I called the owner to let her know I wanted to check out and pay in cash so she wouldn't charge my card, I left a message and still to this minute have not heard back from her. My husband had to call the castle restaurant to see if we could come eat breakfast since we could not find the owner to get our vouchers. If you are looking for great service this is not the place for you!!!!!!!!! Next time we will be staying at Dunleith again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Monument, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Having read the reviews and looked at the pictures, we knew the breakfast would be at another location and we felt this was a bonus: it gave us the opportunity to see another antebellum home. Our breakfast voucher was for the Dunleith Inn and we enjoyed that experience. Weymouth Hall, was a little more... unique. It is definitely off the beaten path and somewhat beaten itself. When we arrived, we were met by Martha, who seemed to be the housekeeper (we never met the owner). She was flustered, scattered, and a little silly but kind. Having just gotten into town we asked for a map of Natchez and for suggestions for where to eat. It surprised me that she had no map, but did give us some confusing suggestions for various places to go. Upon our return after dinner, we planned to have some wine and watch the sun set on the Mississippi, and Martha had thoughtfully placed some ice in a wine cooler with two wine glasses nearby. But she was doing laundry, and the smell of dryer sheets lofted over us as we sat outside, and the mosquitoes were out. The rooms they rent are the lower level - somehow I had the impression we would be upstairs. So the feel is kind of weird. You have this room on the lower level of this home and nothing else indoors is accessible - not a sitting area or the dining room, or any other part of the house. The second floor has a veranda overlooking the Mississippi, but we weren't invited up there and it is BADLY in need of sanding and repainting. The swimming pool, also, was not available and in need of maintenance. While the room was clean and the bed comfortable and you can, in fact, see the river from the window below the veranda, the whole experience felt a little second class and I didn't think it was worth the $150 for one night. They have a Keurig coffee maker available so you can make yourself a cup of coffee in the morning, but it didn't work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
gman102
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My wife and I had a delightful stay at Weymouth Hall. The rooms are clean. The beds are comfortable and the view of the Mississippi River is second to none. My thanks to Ricky and Tabatha for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

We just checked out this morning from a great stay at Weymouth Hall. April 13-16, 2012. We had the front Mississippi River view room as well as a room in the back of the house. The rooms were very charming and clean. The place is nice and quiet and has a beautiful pool to hang out by while over looking the river. The owner was so bubbly and southern and took great care of us during our stay. It was a truly authentic experience and made you appreciate the beauty of the area. At night the bridge between Mississippi and Lousiana was lit up and beautiful to see from the many wrap around porches. I would def stay at Weymouth Hall in the future and would recommend it to anyone looking to experience the beauty of little southern Natchez.

• Stayed April 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

It was our first time in Natchez. Although the location is a bit removed from the town's activities, it is worth it because it has the best view of the Mississippi River. The rooms very very nice and clean. The owner was very nice and laid-back. She told us when we made the reservation over the phone that we would be provided with a voucher for breakfast at another location. That was fine by us, and the breakfast was decent. If you are looking for privacy and relaxation, this is the place. Great for a couple's getaway. If you are looking for service at all times, this is not the place for you. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Weymouth Hall? Share your experiences!