“Interesting” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Weymouth Hall

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Natchez
Weymouth Hall
You added Weymouth Hall to your Saves list
One Cemetery Road, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Millwood, Virginia
“Interesting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Having read all of the other reviews about Weymouth Hall from 2007-2012 I find it interesting that every problem that other guest complained about or experienced remain exactly the same as mine!! Paying in cash, eating breakfast off of the property, the broken Keurig, the voice mail box filled, Maratha, while very nice, giving scattered directions, no one on the property first thing in the morning to give your vouchers for breakfast, we got ours at 9:00AM...
The view was beautiful, but not enough to off set the lack of attention paid by the management to its guests!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Clinton, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I were looking forward to a romantic weekend away together and decided to try somewhere new in Natchez that we had never stayed. Weymouth hall looked beautiful online and when I called the make the reservation the owner was very nice. She did explain to me that we would have breakfast at the Castle Restuarant which was at another location. We were fine with that. She also told me if I paid in cash she would not charge any extra fees as if I paid with my card. When we arrived, there was no one in sight. Our key was left on the desk with a note written on the back of an envelope. When we returned that night, there was no one there. The next morning, my husband went to get coffee in the office area, there was none with any caffeine. There was no one around to ask for any. I called the owner to let her know I wanted to check out and pay in cash so she wouldn't charge my card, I left a message and still to this minute have not heard back from her. My husband had to call the castle restaurant to see if we could come eat breakfast since we could not find the owner to get our vouchers. If you are looking for great service this is not the place for you!!!!!!!!! Next time we will be staying at Dunleith again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Monument, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Having read the reviews and looked at the pictures, we knew the breakfast would be at another location and we felt this was a bonus: it gave us the opportunity to see another antebellum home. Our breakfast voucher was for the Dunleith Inn and we enjoyed that experience. Weymouth Hall, was a little more... unique. It is definitely off the beaten path and somewhat beaten itself. When we arrived, we were met by Martha, who seemed to be the housekeeper (we never met the owner). She was flustered, scattered, and a little silly but kind. Having just gotten into town we asked for a map of Natchez and for suggestions for where to eat. It surprised me that she had no map, but did give us some confusing suggestions for various places to go. Upon our return after dinner, we planned to have some wine and watch the sun set on the Mississippi, and Martha had thoughtfully placed some ice in a wine cooler with two wine glasses nearby. But she was doing laundry, and the smell of dryer sheets lofted over us as we sat outside, and the mosquitoes were out. The rooms they rent are the lower level - somehow I had the impression we would be upstairs. So the feel is kind of weird. You have this room on the lower level of this home and nothing else indoors is accessible - not a sitting area or the dining room, or any other part of the house. The second floor has a veranda overlooking the Mississippi, but we weren't invited up there and it is BADLY in need of sanding and repainting. The swimming pool, also, was not available and in need of maintenance. While the room was clean and the bed comfortable and you can, in fact, see the river from the window below the veranda, the whole experience felt a little second class and I didn't think it was worth the $150 for one night. They have a Keurig coffee maker available so you can make yourself a cup of coffee in the morning, but it didn't work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
gman102
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My wife and I had a delightful stay at Weymouth Hall. The rooms are clean. The beds are comfortable and the view of the Mississippi River is second to none. My thanks to Ricky and Tabatha for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We just checked out this morning from a great stay at Weymouth Hall. April 13-16, 2012. We had the front Mississippi River view room as well as a room in the back of the house. The rooms were very charming and clean. The place is nice and quiet and has a beautiful pool to hang out by while over looking the river. The owner was so bubbly and southern and took great care of us during our stay. It was a truly authentic experience and made you appreciate the beauty of the area. At night the bridge between Mississippi and Lousiana was lit up and beautiful to see from the many wrap around porches. I would def stay at Weymouth Hall in the future and would recommend it to anyone looking to experience the beauty of little southern Natchez.

• Stayed April 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

It was our first time in Natchez. Although the location is a bit removed from the town's activities, it is worth it because it has the best view of the Mississippi River. The rooms very very nice and clean. The owner was very nice and laid-back. She told us when we made the reservation over the phone that we would be provided with a voucher for breakfast at another location. That was fine by us, and the breakfast was decent. If you are looking for privacy and relaxation, this is the place. Great for a couple's getaway. If you are looking for service at all times, this is not the place for you. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

The room my mother, sister and I stayed in was beautiful. It had a small but clean bathroom. The view of the Mississippi was great. However, the owner was not there to check us in, and we only saw her on one other occasion. We were given a breakfast voucher to use at a plantation home in town which included a tour of the home one morning. Another morning we were given a voucher to use at a diner in town. This worked fine for us, but on the website a "full southern breakfast was advertised" and this was pretty misleading. On our last morning, we had to leave @ 7 in order to catch our flight and we asked that a small breakfast be waiting for us @ 6:30. This never happened. The owner needs to pay more attention to her guests' needs and requests...

• Stayed October 2010