“Entering a whole different place.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Twins Oaks Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchez
Twins Oaks Bed and Breakfast
71 Homochitto, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Ranked #16 of 34 Natchez B&B and Inns
MS
“Entering a whole different place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

Twin Oaks Natchez is like coming to a totally different world so to speak. Wonderful, natural setting and very old architecture and you can make great friends with the hosts Regina and Doug. The food and peace of the place is quite remarkable. :)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

I would highly recommend Twin Oaks to anyone who is going to Natchez. I stayed there a night and had a great time there. The rooms are huge and the beds are plush and super comfy. In terms of pricing, Twin Oaks is definitely a deal compared to some of the other b&b's in town. Besides your nights stay, you also get a breakfast at Dunleith and tours of both Twin Oaks and Dunleith.

The highlight of this stay was the warm hospitality at Twin Oaks! Regina and Doug are very knowledgeable of the area. When my friend and I told Regina we were planning a food tour of the south, she gave us advise on where to visit and what to eat. Great advice - we loved every restaurant she recommended. Doug knows a lot about the history of Natchez and was such a fun person to talk to. I definitely learned a lot from him.

When my friend and I were leaving Natchez, Regina told us we can contact her if we run into any trouble during the rest of our tour of the South. That meant a lot to me knowing that she really would come help us if we needed her help.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

I spent two nights at Twin Oaks while doing historical research in Mississippi, and I can't say enough good things about it. The house is an exceptional example of antebellum architecture -- understated by comparison with the over-the-top Dunleith across the road. Rooms, in a detached estate building, are well-appointed and very comfortable. I had a bedroom-sitting room combination. Regina and Doug are gracious hosts. I look forward to returning when I can sample chef Regina's table. The breakfast voucher for Dunleith's Castle Restaurant is a little unusual, but the breakfast was fine and a nice walk (or drive, if raining). Dinner in the cozy (but smoky) Castle Pub was good as well. All in all, Twin Oaks is a fine place to say.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

I stayed at Twin Oaks in mid-May. My suite was luxurious and had a large livingroom, bathroom, & bedroom. Owners were friendly and full breakfast was served across the street on the exquisite Dunleith Plantation.

Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

We have visited Natchez Mississippi before and consider it one of those special places in the US to visit. We always look to new places and things to do in Natchez and it never fails.

Twin Oaks is one of those special B&Bs in Natchez that has the old style and the new feel. The main house is wonderful old house, not a plantation house but all the same very nice, in one of the older parts of the town. Your room is in the old servant (politically correct) house off to the side of the property. These rooms are modern in feel but decorated in the old style. Our room had a four poster bed that was just a little high off the ground which made it feel like we were in an old section of a plantation. But the bathroom was modern, bubble tub, nice shower, and sink.

Our host was wonderful. Sharing a wine and cheese tasting with us the evening we got there. Fit in just like another member of the family.

Breakfast is served across the street at one of the major plantation house restaurants. The food for dinner and for breakfast was wonderful.

It was a great way to start our vacation across Southern Cities and Plantations. Very Recommended

• Liked — Nice B&B feel, plantation room, but still modern with all you could want in the room.
  • Disliked — Not able to stay enough nights
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
baton rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

We stayed at the Elephant Ear section of Twin Oaks. It had a living area, great bedroom and bathroom. We checked in at Twin Oaks and was greated by Doug, one of the owners. He toured us around the house and gave us info on our building. The Elephant Ear is right near the river and was a well due relaxing place to be. I would highly recommed Twin Oaks to anyone.

• Liked — Private Accomodations
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
minden, louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

My mother, sister and I planned an overnight exursion for my sister's birthday. Twin Oaks fit the bill perfectly! We were given two rooms that were each 2 room suites. The bathrooms were very spacious. There was plenty of room in each sitting area for us to enjoy opening gifts and sharing cake. It was not located inside the main house so we didn't feel like we bothered anyone with our coming and going. The ceilings were 15 feet tall and the ambience couldn't have been better! Unfortunately the lady of the house was gone on vacation, however we were greeted warmly by her husband and felt welcomed. The breakfast the next morning at Dunleith was included in our cost and was fabulous! This place goes on my list of B and B's worth visiting again. I only wished I had the time to have stayed longer. I highly recommend this establishment - so much so that I wrote my first review ever!

• Liked — Tall ceilings, very spacious
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Twins Oaks Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!