“A magical place in Natchez” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Twins Oaks Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchez
Twins Oaks Bed and Breakfast
You added Twins Oaks Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
71 Homochitto, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Ranked #19 of 37 Natchez B&B and Inns
Walnut Creek, California
“A magical place in Natchez”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Last week I did a business trip to Natchez and the highlight of it was a stay at Twin Oaks. I have had hit and miss luck with various hotels in Natchez over the years.

At Twin Oaks, my room was more of a suite, with a living room, huge bathroom and a supremely comfortable bedroom. Also welcome with a Kuerig coffee maker with a large array of coffees and teas. Best of all, the room was blessedly quiet. I actually cannot wait to go back for a week with a few books I need to catch up on. Breakfast is not included at Twin Oaks which is very good since it is included across the street at Dunleith Plantation, to my mind, the grandest of all great houses in Natchez.

Perhaps the best part of Twin Oaks is its owners, Doug and Regina Charboneau, two people with great charm that care deeply about Natchez and know EVERYTHING about this great little town. Regina grew up in Natchez and there is simply nothing about the town, its homes and history she does not know.

Natchez is not the easiest place in the country to get to but Twin Oaks makes up for the trouble of getting there. I am already booking my next trip back in April.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nashville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I have been to Natchez many times and absolutely love staying in all the different B&B's. Our daughter and son-in-law and our 14 month old grandson wanted to make the trip so trying to find a B&B that will allow children was very difficult. I called and talked to Janet, what a pleasure! She was the most kindest, most helpful person. So glad when we arrived we had the chance to meet her. She made our stay so nice. We had rooms #1 and #3. We were very pleased.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay at Twin Oaks and I enjoyed myself even more this time.

Natchez is a beautiful town preserved with authenticity and light patina. Twin Oaks is conveniently located close to downtown, yet safe from being in the middle of everything. The owners were very professional and the housekeeper was so polite and kind. So refreshing to be surrounded by pleasant, optimistic, happy people again.

The rooms are actually suites with a small sitting area, bathroom and bedroom. There are rocking chairs on the front porch and parking is immeditely adjacent to the building. This is a small property, I believe only 6 rooms, with a delightful private garden on site.

Beautiful.

Incredible old oak trees and picturesque historic home 'Twin Oaks' is well preserved and if one is polite, I am sure the owner would allow a private tour of some of the public rooms.

There is a reciprocal agreement with the stunning mansion across the street -- Dunleith -- quite a treat to experience, as well. Check out the chicken castle in the back, so cool.

This is a relaxed town and Twin Oaks is very casual and comfortable. I saw a negative review above and just had to shake my head! Some people! I loved my stay and will return in the fall.

• Stayed June 2012
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

For the price of a hotel room, you can stay in a roomy, comfortable suite. The location is great, right across from the Dunleith mansion. In fact, your stay includes a delicious buffet breakfast at the Castle restaurant located on the Dunleith grounds. Unlike the pretend suites at most hotels, we stayed in a real suite with a separate bedroom and a roomy living room. As the website clearly points out, the rooms are in a separate building and not in the main house. I actually prefer this, because it's quieter and more private. Our suite was very clean and well-appointed. The owner was quite charming and displayed true southern hospitality.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Venlo, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Natchez is a wonderful city to visit, a town that kept a lot of its heritage. Which shows in the number of antebellum homes turned into B&B’s. Plenty to choose from and fitting for every budget. Resting on the banks of the Mississippi it seems almost like time stood still. The Twin Oaks Inn is a 6-room private building on the grounds of the actual antebellum home, which is on the heritage list and can be visited during the Spring Pilgrimage. Rooms are spacious and clean. Rocking chairs are provided for a leisurely sit on the porch overlooking the garden. Regina was the perfect host, although there was a slight mix up with our reservation – but she went all the way to make us feel right at home. And we did! Although it is 5 blocks from the actual centre of Natchez everything is at walking distance. We only stayed one night, but to truly enjoy everything Natchez has to offer a 2-night stay is the minimum. And Regina is glad to be your host!

Room Tip: There are 6 rooms to choose from. Just read the information on Regina's website.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was my 4th Pilgrimage, and I've stayed in several B&Bs. This was my best Pilgrimage experience ever. My husband and I met my daughter, her husband, and daughter there and spent 3 nights at Twin Oaks. Rooms very comfortable and clean. Tastefully decorated in period furnishings. Each room had it own thermostat, so very comfortable. The grounds were awesome--everything in full bloom and well manicured. Loved the front porch of the guest house--rooms were not in the main house. We sat on the porch in the evening sun and visited with our family, and at night, we became acquainted with and visited with other couples we met there--one from Switzerland. Regina and her family actually live in Twin Oaks, so it has a very warm and personable feel about it. Regina, owner, was kind enough to invite my granddaughter to dress in an antebellum gown and assist her in recieving guests during her pilgrimage hours one day--a great experience for an 11 year old!!! Regina even provided several gowns for her to choose from. We came home with fantastic pictures of our stay at Twin Oaks. Breakfast at the Dunlieth Castle Resturant was included each morning--just across the street--a magnificent breakfast was served in a beautiful dining room. Free tours of Dunlieth and Twin Oaks were included. At Twin Oaks, you will find a little different type tour. In the parlor, an actress dressed as a nun, told the very tragic and unusual story of "Cornelia", the wife of the minister who built the first 'White Cottage' to which additions have resulted in the Twin Oaks you see today. Regina's famous sweet butter biscuits and almond tea were served to the guests after they toured the house, heard the stories, and were then invited to wander the first floor and grounds as they enjoyed the truly delectable biscuits and tea--Regina is also a renown chef. Just got home late last night and have already recommended this B&B to two other couples. And by the way, we fell in love with Janice, her housekeeper--most helpful and friendly. Hope to visit Twin Oaks again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My sister and I, no spring chickens ourselves, treated our mother to a long-promised trip to the Spring Pilgrimage in Natchez, MS. The entire experience was so much more (in the best possible way) than I had expected. We had thought to stay one night but found that to be totally in adequate. Our first night, at Twin Oaks, was the highlight of our trip (they were booked for second night or we would have stayed).

Owner/chef Regina Charboneau was unknown to me prior to our visit, but after meeting her & reading about her accomplishments I am in awe! She was kind enough to give us a tour of her home and share its history. Stunning and yet livable, it was the one home I saw that I would most love to have for my own. I am a blue and white person and fell in love with her fabulous hard-working kitchen.

The guest house, while separate from the original home, is beautifully furnished, spacious, and very comfortable. The one bedroom/sitting room with daybed was perfect for the three of us. The bathroom was quite large and attractive. Climate control was comfortable and there was plenty of ice! Parking is convenient and everything is on one level if that is a concern to you.

Breakfast at Dunleigh Mansion was a feast for the eyes. We were also given a tour of that incredible home as guests of Twin Oaks. I believe we were there at an "off" time. The breakfast buffet of eggs, biscuits & gravy, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, bacon, sausage & muffins appeared more than adequate, but many of the dishes were empty. During the long delay while the staff replenished my sister had already finished her choices. I suggest you head over fairly early in the morning....

I will head back to Natchez, and Twin Oaks in particular, at the first possible opportunity. I am hoping to take a friend there for one of her cooking class weekends. You will NOT be disappointed with Twin Oaks. I highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Twins Oaks Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!