“great” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Jena, Louisiana
“great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have enjoyed the food every time I have eaten there. I don't eat seafood but my family does. They love the seafood cheesecake as an appetizer. I usually order a steak, hamburger or chicken entree. Excellent food and service.

Visited July 2012

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The best service I have ever had at a restaurant !! The staff was very friendly and helpful with our selections. The Steaks were cooked as ordered. I would have like more seasoning on my steak but, it was very tender. The sides were awesome and plenty. The house salad was wonderful and very fresh. I would get there early because, they do fill up quick. I will make the 85 mile one way trip to eat here again!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mississippi
“Must dine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Wonderfully casual, amazingly efficiently run eatery and well worth the trek. Parking lot seems always full, but service and food never suffer. The most delicious seafood and varied menu around and each dish seems to be prepared as if we were the only patrons. Such individual treatment is rare today and delightful surprise. We have dined here several times, both as a couple and with grandchildren. Each visit has been excellent for all. Portions are generous. We particularly like Roux 61 grilled shrimp and fried oysters are fresh and perfectly fried. We will return soon!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Louisiana
“Awesome steak and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We had dinner here last night as part of a company party... While we did get lost (Mapquest gave us the wrong directions) two of their employees tried to help us out over the phone. When we finally made it there, our waitress greeted us very warmly. She even shared with the manager how long it took us to get there, and that we were lost, etc., then came over and told us that when we had finished eating our dinner, the manager wanted to treat us to dessert for our effort in getting there, and to make sure we enjoyed our time.

We will DEFINITELY be going back! The food was excellent and the service was great. We both had the 12 oz. ribeye; I had the baked potato, and my husband had the sweet potato fries. Delicious!

For dessert, we each had cheesecake; his was topped with raspberry sauce, mine with strawberry and white chocolate. Mouth watering goodness.

Thanks!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Service slow, fried oysters cold”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stopped by for a quick lunch around 12:30. Although the resturant was not busy, service was very slow. Server seemed distracted. After asking twice for extra plate, finally went to kitchen and got one. Asked twice for ketsup that was brought when meal was almost finished. Ordered 1/2 oyster poboy and a cup of shrimp & corn soup. Poboy had 4 small COLD oysters and a ton of lettuce. Soup had good taste but was very thin. Overall a very disappointing experience.

RT