“Dirtiest hole I've ever stayed in.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Red Carpet Inn to your Saves list
Red Carpet Inn
271 Devereaux Drive, Natchez, MS 39120 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Natchez
“Dirtiest hole I've ever stayed in.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

As I write this on their free Wi-Fi I have to say this place sucks. Its dirty, the rooms smell, the chair is stained and has cigarette burns in it. Too many teen agers staying here up late making all kinds of noise. The price is just OK considering its location. I would suggest staying only if you have no other choice.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

broken knobs on the air conditioner, light bulb out, I had to go to the front desk to get a TV remote, shower head hanging off the wall, inside of fridge had parts broken, and excuse me hand towels with yellow stains.... I am a boy, but yuch....lets use these as rags to dry the car, at the simple but ok breakfast bar, 3 people tried to get orange juice out of thew dispenser, until I got the nice young lady at the counter to find out it was not plugged in nor was there any containers of juice even in the dispenser....ok the pink bed sheets were a nice touch....Folks, I am not fussy, I regularly stay at reasonable hotels, but this hotel needs a facelift and some TLC....just being truthful

Room Tip: no tip on this one
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This motel has either changed hands or the other reviews are not genuine.
On arrival we were changed more than quoted.
While this motel says Hot Breakfast.There was little food left.There was no milk,coffee,juice,hot water.When asking for milk and coffee they were reluctantly supplied by an unfriendly and unmotivated woman.
When asking for some hot water.I was told "Get it out of the water cooler and heat it up in the microwave" The water cooler was empty and is still empty this morning
I would not recommend this motel if you want a smile ,service or a hot breakfast.
So it is back to The Super8 chain for us.
Kevin and Sandra Lamb
New zealand

• Stayed May 2013
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn 9/2012 and for the price it is a nice place to stay. We visit the Natchez city at least once or twice a year and we have never had any problems. The staff is friendly, the continental breakfast is good, and the rooms are neat and clean. We will be returning to Red Carpet Inn in the next couple of days. I have stayed at one other motel in the city and it was more expensive, and in worst condition.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hutchinson, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

We were watching the show about the exterminator. My husband said, " look there's one go in the drawer." I thought Oh yes he's teasing us again until I got up and and looked in the drawer and saw 3 roaches crawling around. I killed five roaches on that stay and he killed four roaches. It smelled and I didn't get any slep thinking about those roaches all night long. If we hadn't traveled 15 hours, and it was late and the Fall tours where going on making motels hard to find, I would have walked out. My bags spent a better night in my car then I did in that Red Roach Inn. Beware stay at your own risk. When you check in look up and see all the dead roaches in the lights that are there for you at breakfast and have some bread the manger touches with no gloves. ENJOY

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

rooms are clean. Front desk was good and friendly. It is the best place to stay in natchez for good price. They also have good breakfast. I will definetly stay there again and i will recommend this hotel for my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
KA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

Service desk told me a price which was supposed to be a "special rate". Finally I got another special rate, a couple of dollars cheaper...

They let me check three different rooms but all had mold inside. You could not see it, but smell it. In one room the wallpaper above the door was wet and peeling off. That's all I can tell...

I made the good decision to stay somewhere else!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!