“What's all the hoopla about?” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 30 Attractions in Natchez
Chicago, Illinois
208 attraction reviews
“What's all the hoopla about?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The first time we visited Vicksburg, Mississippi, there was only one riverboat casino on the waterfront. When we visited recently, there were four. The first two times we visited Natchez, Mississippi, there were no riverboat casinos. Now there is one, the Isle of Capri. We planned our visit accordingly. We aren't gamblers. We used to spend only one roll of quarters. Now they don't use quarters, just dollars. So we still limit ourselves to $10 and escape with our sanity. The Isle of Capri is a riverboat, not a land-locked casino. It is docked at historic Natchez-under-the-hill. So we had lunch at nearby Magnolia Grill at 11 o'clock in the morning, before the crowd showed up, then walked across the street to the Isle Capri. It isn't one of the biggest riverboat casinos we have seen but it was busy and had everything we were looking for. I spent $3 and cashed $30 and left with a big smile on my face. I've never been to Las Vegas but my brother goes frequently. He claims he never has lost money. I don't know if I believe him. But I know the best way to approach gambling is to not take it seriously. Trust me, putting a $10 limit on yourself and crossing your fingers and hoping for some luck is the best way to go. Play the blackjack or poker tables? Are you kidding me?

Visited June 2013

Athens, Georgia
“Dissapointing at best”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This may be the worst dining experience I have had yet. The food was not good and the entire place was filthy. table scraps and napkins littered the floor and no waitresses. Or none I saw. I had to suffer through the meal, or what I could stomach of it, with only one small beverage. Never got a refill the entire meal!. At least they could have gave a larger drink if they aren't going to give refills.
The boiled shrimp smelled funny and had a strange taste. Just pitiful.

Visited June 2013
Germantown, Wisconsin
11 attraction reviews
“Older hotel & casino”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The Isle of Capri hotel and casino is old, and not very attractive. You need to take a shuttle bus from the hotel to the casino if you are interested in gaming. The hotel itself is not the cleanest. The drains in our room ran slowly however they were accommodating and changed our room. Breakfast was continental and OK. The casino was very smoky and the casino buffet was not hot nor was it very tasty.

Visited January 2013
Tylertown, Mississippi
4 attraction reviews
“Needs work and new managment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have been to the casino several times and every time we say we are not going back. It's the closest one to us and we enjoy gaming and buffeting. We get good comps from them and that lures us back. The casino itself is very worn and dirty and reeks of smoke. The whole place smells. On weekends it's very crowded and very loud. The last two times we were there I had concern for our safety as the crowd seemed a little rowdy and no one seemed to notice or care. The buffet had pigs feet and fried chicken, and leathery rib eyes. The seafood buffet is better and is relatively low priced by casino standards but the quality explains the cost. I expect the new casino down the street will significantly hurt this one if not put it out of business. Don't judge our casinos by this one. Go to the coast, Philadelphia, or Tunica.

Visited March 2013
Laurel, Mississippi
5 attraction reviews
“Shocked”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

On a recent trip to Natchez, my wife and I visited the Isle of Capri casino and we were shocked to say the least. As an Isle of Capri property, we could not believe that they were allowed to operate as they were. While the casino itself is a novel attraction being styled after an old time Mississippi Paddle Wheeler and located on the water, that's where the attraction of this establishment ended for us. Upon walking in the doors, we were assailed by an overwhelming musty smell. This may be a result of the casino being on the water, but it was unpleasant just the same. I had read the reviews of others on trip adviso complaining of the smoke. My wife and I unfortunately are both smokers, but at that time we did not notice any problem with smoke only the musty, wet smell. Drink service was almost non-existant and after being in the casino for almost an hour, we had to walk around and actually locate a server to get service. This was on an early Friday evening and it was not overly crowded. The service remained the same throughout the evening, although they did put out a tub of iced beer later that you could serve yourself. The slots were outdated by any standards and appeared to be very tight. After several hours of play, neither of us hit a bonus or free spin on any machine, but who knows, this may have been just bad luck. We tried the Friday night Seafood buffet. We are by no means ones who complain and try to find the good in everywhere we go as is evidenced in the reviews we have left here on Trip advisor, but to give an honest review, I am finding it difficult to say anything positive about the food. It was not up to standards. The fried clams and shrimp had obviously been left under the heat lamps too long and were very hard and inedible as a result. The ribeye steak was cut very thin and left in juices where it became leathery, however the desserts were good. Overall, the entire place had a worn out, run down feel to it and we were very dissapointed in our visit here. If you go, just be prepared to realize that it is not up to the standards of other casinos that exist in the area or in Mississippi in general.

Visited April 2013

Been to Isle of Capri Casino? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Isle of Capri Casino, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.