“Natchez is amazing....especially at Pilgrimage time!” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Group tours/bus tour
Attraction Details
Fredericksburg, Texas
15 attraction reviews
“Natchez is amazing....especially at Pilgrimage time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Natchez is an unbelievable national treasure. Everything is beautiful and the homes are without equal. Just being there you feel like you are stepping back in time. I have been going to Natchez for over 20 years. It's probably my favorite place to go. The pageant isn't something I would go to over and over again, but I would definitely recommend seeing it once. It's very sweet and a sort of nostalgic nod to earlier times.

Visited March 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
70 attraction reviews
“A chance to tour private homes.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We only had one day in Natchez to take advantage of the house tours. We got our tickets ahead of time and picked them up at the Visitor Center. We toured 3 houses in the morning and in 2 of them actually met the owners. Beautiful homes and interesting tours. One of the homes, Dunbar (I think), was given to the city in 1911. The city sold all the contents of the home and it just sat for many, many years before one of the clubs in Natchez purchased it and began to restore it and try and locate some of the original furniture. Before that the home was open and used as a playground by neighborhood children. We are all lucky it wasn't destroyed. You can pick the 3 house tour package online and the houses vary depending on the day you are there and whether you go in the morning or afternoon. Can't say enough about the staff at the visitor center. Great southern hospitality. Interesting exhibits also.

Visited April 2012
San Diego, CA
46 attraction reviews
“You get more out if you more in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011 via mobile

We happened upon this event by chance last Spring and had a great time. The homes were a sight and we learned a lot about the people who lived in them. But to really get the most out of the experience you have to engage the hostesses and ask questions. The town goes all out during the event, complete with an evening reenactment of a centennial ball.

Atlanta, Georgia
“I loved the Pageant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

After reading some reviews I had low expectations but I must say I was thoroughly surprised by how much I enjoyed the Historic Natchez Pageant. The event was well worth the price of the ticket considering how much hard work goes into a production like this, In addition the proceeds go towards the hefty expenses of preserving the beautiful period homes in the Natchez area. I understand there have been some changes made to include speaking parts and more background about the history of all the early inhabitants- including the Natchez Indians and the contributions made by African Americans in the settlement of the area. What impressed me most was the time and dedication required of the performers, many of them age 8-18. After speaking with a local, I learned that these young people begin a rigorous practice schedule months ahead of time, not to mention the out of pocket expenses for the beautiful and elaborate costumes. The sense of community and pride is evident here and in my opinion is to be highly commended.

Visited March 2011
appleton, wi
7 attraction reviews
“Historic Natchez Pageant is a bust!!! Don't waste your money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

The pilgrimage of homes is very nice, but the Pageant was so bad that we left after 30 minutes.