“Beautiful Plantation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Brandon Hall Plantation

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchez
Brandon Hall Plantation
Save Saved
You added Brandon Hall Plantation to your Saves list
1213 Hwy 61 North, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Ranked #16 of 35 Natchez B&B and Inns
Jackson, MS
“Beautiful Plantation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I did not stay at this establishment but I played piano for a wedding and also played in the band at the reception. The grounds were very beautiful and picturesque. The mansion is absolutely beautiful with a spacious front porch area. There is a very nice reception area in the back. Room was spacious and well lit, the serving staff was very courteous.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Planning a wedding? The manager will appear to sell you on using Brandon Hall for the perfect nuptials! Just staying for a night or two, you'll meet Mike, who cooks, cleans and will answer your questions. Tour, a bit of history, location of the Brandon graveyard ask Mike, you won't see anyone else! This is no rap on Mike, he was very friendly, forthcoming and helpful! We arrived at Brandon Hall around 7-7:30 PM, had the codes for the gate and our rooms. Had we not run into another couple who were on their way out to dinner it would have seemed as if we had stumbled into a place run by some unseen force.
The home is gorgeous, rooms are beautiful, the breakfast quite good, but the appearance of the manager only when an appointment with a potential wedding customer called her to the home left us feeling a bit unappreciated. I know that some innkeepers are so "in your face" that they are a nuisance but to act as if your stay really didn't matter is a bit disconcerting given the personal touch that most B&B's provide.
If staying in an antebellum plantation home of great beauty is on your "bucket list" then the Brandon Hall Plantation more than fills the bill. If you want to feel that your comfort was a concern to anyone other than "the help" look elsewhere!
My average rating for service had nothing to do with Mike he was great, but innkeepers or management that appear not to "give a damn" are a problem!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RachelGarber, Event Director / Manager at Brandon Hall Plantation, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
David,
I am terribly sorry about your negative experience at Brandon Hall and I think there may be some confusion on how Brandon Hall operates. Mike’s title and full time position with Brandon Hall is Innkeeper / Property Manager. He is dedicated to making sure our guests have a wonderful stay and he takes pride in his career as our Innkeeper and Manager. At a small Bed and Breakfast with only 5 rooms, you will often find that one person does have to manager quite a few different roles. As our Innkeeper/Property Manager, Mike is responsible for attending to all of our guest’s needs and the entire facility. Mike has been with us for over 4 years, and he does an impeccable job at maintaining the property and our guest’s needs. Our office closes at 6:00 p.m., so since you checked in at 7:00 p.m., the access codes are given for our guest’s convenience so that you are not rushed to check in before our office closes. I apologize you did not see this as a convenience. My role at Brandon Hall is Event Director and I also help manage some of the back office functions. I do plan all of the weddings and events which is why you saw me in a meeting with a bride. My sincerest apologies that you felt unappreciated or that you felt like I “do not give a damn,” because that is the wrong way we want you to feel when you leave Brandon Hall. We want you to feel welcomed and invited to come back again and again. I apologize that our job titles at Brandon Hall were not clear, and we have taken steps to make this clearer for future guests.
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

First impression was great. Beautiful grounds & home. Great breakfasts...and that's where it ended...and why I'm giving the place an average. Never did see the owners, manager, whoever, only the guy who served breakfast both days, and he was very good, as well as the food. No tour of the home either day, no asking how everything was, no nothing. It was just weird. Our room upstairs was very uncomfortable as far as the temp. No controls whatsoever. If it wasn't for the fan in the room, I would not have been able to sleep. I would love to give this place a better rating, but just can't. The owners need to take more responsibility than to just leave a phone number in case anything is needed. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The grounds were amazing. Breakfast was alright. I was there for a wedding and it was gorgeous. Rachel is one of the owners and she is lovely. I will say that if you have a wedding there and everyone is from out of town they do not hold the rooms until your guests book - that was the one pitfall. I almost didn't get to stay at the plantation where my best friend was getting married.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Look no further. If you are planning a trip to Natchez, this is the place to stay. You can go to the river for your sunset view but the experience at Brandon Hall you cannot replicate! It's like stepping into a novel. We toured a couple of the other mansions and the experience paled in comparison simply because we were able to live, touch and feel what you couldn't there. No velvet ropes to stay behind at Brandon Hall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cami,

Thank you for visiting! We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next trip! Also, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for other travelers.
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This plantation home is a beautiful place to stay. Rachel runs it very professionally. Upon making my reservation I received an E-mail with directions, a gate code, the code to my room door, and directions to my room. The house was very welcoming with the lights on and soft music playing upon arrival. There is a bar downstairs with extra glasses, ice buckets, and an ice machine for guests. The grounds are beautiful - perfect for a walk or for sitting by the pond with a glass of wine.

Breakfast the first morning included wonderfully thick grits, bacon, scrambled eggs, pancakes, orange juice, and coffee. Breakfast the next day was the same but with cinnamon French toast instead of the pancakes. It all tasted wonderful.

Brandon Hall is located on the Natchez Trace just outside of town. So you will have to drive into Natchez for other meals and shopping but it is an easy 10-15 minute drive. I have stayed at several of the Inns and B&Bs around Natchez and this is one of the best.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The first night of our trip ended with the stunning evening panorama that opened up to us as we passed through the entry just off the Natchez Trace. The security gate opened after we entered the code supplied to us via an informative email from the hostess, Rachel Garber. The sight took our breath away, … the revelation of the antebellum mansion …Brandon Hall surrounded sitting atop the knoll and surrounded by hundreds of monumental Live Oak trees. The whole scene is accented by use of well-done architectural lights.
The actual experience lived up to the pictures and comments on their website. We found the other reviews on Trip Adviser are spot on.
We found our room to be clean, comfortable and elegantly furnished. The bed is one of the most comfortable that I have ever slept on, and it was covered with superior beddings. The bathroom was modern and roomy.
The next morning, Mike served us a very tasty breakfast … eggs, bacon and grits … on the back gallery and he attended to our every request.
Rachel joined us mid-meal and we enjoyed her company, her pleasant conversation and her knowledgeable answers regarding Brandon Hall and the Natchez area.
Our whole two-day experience at Brandon Hall was very relaxing with an air of southern comfort. Coffee or tea was always available. We enjoyed reading in the different rooms of the house. We took long peaceful walks around the pond and the rest of the grounds. Our pictures aren’t as good as the ones on the website, but trust me, the website is accurate.
Our second night's stay was as enjoyable and relaxing as the first.
Mike’s breakfast on the second day was different … pancakes and bacon, and it was as tasty as the first morning.
Prior to our departure, we were fortunate to be able to participate in the Natchez Fall Pilgrimage, as Brandon Hall was one of the Tour Homes. Kathy Garber, Rachel’s mom, arrived and both she and Rachel served as two of the three very knowledgeable tour guides.
My wife and I are both enthusiastic about our future visits to once again experience this beautiful home and the hospitality we found there.
Thank you for sharing this treasure with us.

Room Tip: Remember that it is an old home, 150+ years, that has experienced an amazingly restoration. It is...