“a true disappointment!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Brandon Hall Plantation

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchez
Brandon Hall Plantation
You added Brandon Hall Plantation to your Saves list
1213 Hwy 61 North, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Ranked #14 of 37 Natchez B&B and Inns
Austin, Tx
“a true disappointment!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

My husband and I were excited to travel to Natchez and drive the Natchez Trace as we'd read and heard many good things about it. We decided to stay at Brandon Hall for one night (Nov 21, 2011) as it appeared to be a lovely B&B. We were extremely disappointed in the entire experience and DO NOT recommend this place at all to anyone. When we arived around 5PM the daughter of the owner, Rachel was decorating the large Christmas tree in the entry way. She was pleasant and showed us to our room. Rachel also showed us where breakfast would be served...at 8:30 in the morning followed by a 45 minute history of Brandon Hall. My husband told her we were planning to leave early (around 6:30) the next morning as we had a long drive ahead. Rachel did not offer to make any arangements to provide any type of early breakfast or snack. When I asked about the possibility of having coffee in the morning, she walked us around to another room where she informed me I could make the coffee myself.
I was rather taken back by her lack of customer service. It was not as if the B&B was busy, in fact aside from the piped in music, you could have heard a pin drop most of the time. We never saw another person at the B&B.
My husband and I went upstairs to our room to unpack a few items. I decided to go back downstairs and talk with Rachel about the situation. She was on the phone so I went outside to wait on the porch to let her finish her conversation. When I went back in, Rachel was nowhere in sight. I thought perhaps she was simply in her office or retrieving more decorations for the tree. As it turned out, she had completely left the B&B. The tree was left half decorated with the large ladder next to it, boxes of decorations still on the floor near the tree.
While at Brandon Hall, the bathroom we thought was to be private actually had a shared living space with another bedroom. This living space was somewhat seporated by a partial room divider. The problem with the shared area was when our bathroom door knob came off when my husband was exiting the bathroom. I was not sure it was safe to completely close the door or lock it as the door may not open. Regarding the bath, there was long black hair left in the shower/tub and I can honestly say it was NOT our hair.
The inn is old and smelled musty. The fireplace was clean however it definately smelled musty. There was a hole in one of the windows...perhaps new , perhaps old...perhaps it was part of the story that was going to be told after breakfast the next day. I am not sure as I could not ask Rachel about it as she was not at the property.
There was not much at all in the way of decor...it was dated and very sparce....a few family pictures in the large upstairs area.
The only good thing I can say about this place is that the bed was comfortable. The customer service was seriously lacking as was this entire experience~ A chain hotel would have been better as you at least know what you are paying for.

Room Tip: room smells musty and as if the fireplace was recently swept
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brandon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

My sister and I just returned home from a beautiful retreat at Brandon Hall. Words can't express how absolutely gorgeous the home and grounds are, how peaceful and serene the surroundings. The owner, Kathy, was so graceous and made our stay in their home one that we will not forget. Rachel, so cute and personable, has a passion for the history of the plantation, and gave us a private tour of the home. It is such a touching tribute to the Brandon legacy that the Garbers share the beauty and history of their incredible home.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Such a beautiful bed and breakfast, with all the amenities. Our 'Andrea Lauren' private suite, dressing room and bathroom was bigger than our home. A fabulous, authentic renovation has been done to this 19th century Southern Plantation home. It is astounding how they have integrated all our modern conveniences into the entire 7000 sq ft.
Be sure to take the tour with Rachel, it's wonderful.
If you're doing a driving trip, try to travel the 'Natchez Trace Parkway' as much as possible, it is truly Stunning!

Room Tip: The breakfast menu is preset so check ahead.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

Brandon Hall is one of the finest B&B we have stayed at along the Mississippi River. The home is in superb condition for its age and the grounds are immaculate. If you are the type of person who is looking for relaxation or a bride looking for a true Southern wedding venue, there will not be any other place on the same league as Brandon Hall. Rachel and her family are excellent and extremely hospitable and have an extra sincere touch to the stay that has only been rivaled by that of family.

From a historical standpoint and example of the Old South, I cannot think of a more fitting location. It is true Southern elegance with an ambiance that just carries you to another place. You will step back in time when you arrive on the grounds.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Newton, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

This has been by far our most wonderful B & B experience. Our stay at Brandon Hall has been so enjoyable. The home is as beautiful and gracious as our hosts. We were made to feel like family. Our southern breakfast served on the gallery overlooking the pond each morning was wonderful. Our room was spacious and beautifully decorated. We can hardly wait for our next visit. We highly recommend Brandon Hall.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

Truly a cut above any b&b I have gone to. The room we stayed in was immaculate and luxuriously decorated. Breakfast was served on the front balcony overlooking the property (the property is breathtaking words cannot describe). The home is located just outside of the city; there were no distracting noises to take away from our experience. Once you are there you will want to stay forever! I know we did!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Brandon Hall Plantation? Share your experiences!