“Pleasantly Surprised!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of VUE Hotel and Restaurant

Save Saved
You added VUE Hotel and Restaurant to your Saves list
VUE Hotel and Restaurant
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 John R. Junkin Drive, Natchez, MS 39120-3820 (Formerly Grand Soleil Casino Resort)   |
Ranked #7 of 19 hotels in Natchez
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Checked into our room quickly and easily only to find that our non-smoking room had very recently been smoked in and covered up with LOTS of air freshener. Went to front desk and stated our findings. Receptionist was very nice and transferred us to a free upgraded suite.

Wanted to eat supper at the hotel restaurant. Sat at a table and waited and waited and waited. Finally, we left and went to a restaurant in town.

Free breakfast in the morning was very good. Best grits I've eaten in a long time. It's not a buffet. The waiter brings you a plate of bacon, sausage, grits, scrambled eggs and a biscuit. For the great rate we got for this room, I would definitely stay again. Hotel was clean and modern.

Didn't get to swim because pool was closed due to algae treatment, but jacuzzi was open!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river. We got a better room rate calling the hotel directly than from any...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sedona, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had discovered Natchez about 1 and 1/2 years ago and really enjoyed it. My previous stay was at a different hotel that was VERY nice but because of the reviews I read here decided to give this hotel a chance - BAD IDEA. The place was very crowded and the front desk staff was NOT very accomodating. I had to stay in one of the "wings" and it WAS NOT very nice --- more like a 1980 motel and not a 21st century hotel. The view was nice from the main building, and it looked good there BUT beware - on busy weekends they'll stick you on the sides (at least they did me). There is a lot of work that needs to be done, and I hope they take the time to finish what they have started. The food was OK, but pricey. Most of the staff were tolerable, but a few were not. Not sure where all the "raving" reviews are coming from BUT NOT FROM ME. Will NOT stay here again. The ONLY nice thing about this hotel is the vue!

Room Tip: stay in the main bldg or go down the street to a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

If I was giving a review of this hotel based on previous hotel experiences in all my stays this would just be an ok, average visit and I would not come back. Considering the fact I am in Natchez, MS this is probably one of the best hotels. The view from this hotel is great, looking at the bridge and large vessels slowly passing in the water.
Upon arrival the front desk staff seemed to be overwhelmed and it showed. They were a little rude and wasn't listening very well. I ask to check in and this lady just kinda went off about check in and that no rooms were ready and she didn't know when and she can't call me to tell me when. So I came back to check in later that day and this guy told me that they didn't have rooms, I had to tell him several times I have reservations, then finally he understood and I was able to check in.
The breakfast was ok and came it free with the room, I had great service with breakfast, the server Henry did an great job and was running all over the place and seem to handle the pressures with ease and great attitude. He needs to help the front desk people on this.
Hallways were hot, AC doesn't work. I took the stairs the entire stay because the elevators seem to be on its last leg.
The pool water looked dirty, it was a green color. But the pool and patio area is a great spot with great scenic views.
The casino is very close to this hotel.
If I was to come back to Natchez, hopefully I won't have to, I would stay again, only because of the other hotel options. Great stay only for Natchez, MS.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rockbridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I booked the night before on-line. Thanks to other tripadvisor reviewers, I asked for and received a third-floor, river-view room! The view of the bridge crossing the Mississippi into Louisiana and the river itself is wonderful. Tonight (July 4th) I will be able to watch the fireworks over the river from my room!

My $99 room is a large, well-appointed suite. I called down and extended my stay within minutes. There are plenty of plugs on above and beneath the desk (a pet peeve of mine). There is a small refrigerator and microwave. The Carrier AC is quiet and efficient.

For dinner I ate the pan-seared Hereford filet mignon with Bacon Bearnaise, Mustard Greens and Garlic Potato Cake for $26. It was the best meal I have had since I hit the road two weeks ago (and not the most expensive). High quality steak, perfectly medium rare. The Bearnaise was amazingly seasoned. The greens were sauteed lightly, probably in bacon fat. The house Merlot is excellent.

The complimentary breakfast was plated, freshly prepared fluffy scrambled eggs, fluffy grits, bacon, sausage and biscuit. I would have been pleased if I had paid $10 for it. Tip is not included, so I did leave $2.

The service at both meals was excellent. The views from the dining room are beautiful. The dining room is well appointed and tasteful. There are cloth napkins and tablecloths even at breakfast!

I was a bit concerned knowing this was formerly a casino, but this is a family friendly hotel. There are families with small children enjoying the holiday at the pool. There is a bar serving poolside.

This is very close to the historic downtown, house museums or casinos. Although it is across highway 425, you can reach any of these attractions in 2-5 minutes.

Room Tip: The third floor riverside is the one to get!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place is a gem. The only fault, and I mean the only fault, is it was a bit tricky to find at first. Other then that, wow. Spacious and clean. Updated and classy feel to it. The restaurant is great with a beautiful view. AND, your complimentary breakfast is served there in the morning. They serve you at your table complete with clothe table covering and napkins. A full breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, OJ and coffee.

Now the room. Ask for one overlooking the river and you will be loving it. You can set and watch the barges go under the bridge and try to take in a sunset as well. The pool area has a bar complete with TV to watch ballgames, etc.

My only complaint is one that the staff seemed truly upset about and I hope nobody gets into too much trouble for. About 3 AM we heard people down in the pool. They were not necessarily rowdy, just talking loud enough to keep us awake. After about 30 minutes or so I finally called down to the front desk to ask for assistance as the pool officially closed at 10:00 and we really did need to get some sleep. I know somebody came down to talk to them and a few of them left. But about 6 remained another 30-40 minutes still talking fairly loud. When checking out they asked about our stay and I told them that everything was perfect except for the middle of the night pool party. The lady seemed genuinely upset and very sorry about this. She said the security guard should have been right out there and made them leave immediately. And kept an eye on the pool area to make sure nobody returned. She assured me she was going to get to the bottom of this.

If you have any doubts about staying here, don't. This is a great place to stay in Natchez and the price is more then reasonable.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Heavener, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

had a great view of the river excellent breakfast in the mornings close to what we wanted to see was easy to find good values rooms was serviced everyday quiet room with good a/c would stay there again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nacogdoches, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the size and decor of our room at the Vue Hotel. The view was unbelieveable. The view outside our window overlooked the pool and hottub,BUT, the best view overlooked the Mississippi river bridge which was lit at night giving off a beautiful glow on the water. We watched tugs push barges up and down the river, saw tour river boats dock at the port of Natchez while the water birds swirled around the boats looking for stirred up fish. The staff at this hotel were very nice and accommodating. The air conditioning and cleanliness were the best. Beds were very comfortable. No complaints!!

Room Tip: When booking, ask for a room with a river view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to VUE Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!