“Beautiful B&B - fantastic stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Save on Tour tickets
Ranked #3 of 34 Natchez B&B and Inns
Surrey
“Beautiful B&B - fantastic stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed one night during our southern roadtrip. We were made to feel very welcome and Christine was very generous with her time and hospitality. Michelle's room was a good size and a comfortable bed, with lovely soft sheets. Cold drinks were complimentary in the fridge on the landing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine T, Owner at Bisland House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 12, 2013

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Morse, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at Bisland House and enjoyed every minute. We stayed in the Danielle room down stairs and had plenty of room with a private bath. Christine and Byron made us feel welcome and like old friends. They made suggestions on places to go and things to see along with the best places to dine. The house is located within walking distance of many points of interest. The breakfast each morning was something different and was always very delicious. Sipping Mint Julips on the front porch in the cool of the evening still brings a smile to our faces. We would recommend the Bisland House to everyone and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine T, Owner at Bisland House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Burns, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

First experience with a B&B and it was a home run! We booked thru the Natchez Trace B&B service and let them know we had bikes. We were welcomed at the porch with a place to park out of the weather (not something I expected at all). It was like staying with friends. We felt so welcomed and decided at the last minute to stay an extra night. Being that we didn't reserve the room in advance we moved for the second night, so we had the pleasure of staying in two of their lovely rooms. The decor is beautiful, the food is wonderful, the rooms are comfortable and they know just how to make you feel at home. I would make the trip JUST to stay there!

Room Tip: Michelle's room is a bit smaller than Jessi's room.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed there on short notice, we called after arriving in natchez and they accommodated us immediately ! Biker friendly, Great house , superb breakfast , excellent host ! Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We only stayed in Natchez one night, but our visit was wonderful in large part due to our wonderful experience at Bisland B&B. We had the smallest room, we only called a few hours before arriving, but the room was comfortable, quiet, and beautiful. We loved the house! Breakfast was wonderful, the best of our week-long vacation which included two other B&B's. The egg souffle was delicious. We will be back!

Room Tip: The Danielle Room is the only one downstairs. The Michelle Room is small and the bathroom very tigh...
New Iberia, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I spent one night at Bisland house and were disappointed that we couldn't have stayed longer, the home is very well maintained , warm and inviting. The owner has gone to great lengths to think of everything that a visitor might need during their stay, she has information in every room on dining and places of interest in the area, the room was large and comfortable.
The house is quiet and we didn't even realize that there were 2 other couples staying that night, we thought we were alone, I would recommend to anyone for a pleasant night stay

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine T, Owner at Bisland House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Bisland House on July 30. The place is well-located on a quiet street just a few blocks from the center of town. Parking is on the curb out front, but we had no difficulty in finding a spot. We had previously spoken with Christine in making reservations and advising of our arrival time. She greeted us at the door, was friendly, and introduced us to the house and its facilities. The house was very clean, and we had no problem with either the bedding or the bathroom. Free internet was available throughout the house. Bottled water, cokes and coffee were always available. I would have preferred some extra food--milk and cereal--to be available for late night snacks, but this was not available here (nor did I request this); this is not a usual offering from B&B's but is at some places. The decor of the house will appeal to some and not others--it depends on if you like Victorian style. There were lots of frills, shades and laces covering all the bedroom and bathroom windows--we never did see outside from our room. This style was not to our liking but is a matter of personal taste. Guests can sit outside on an upstairs porch if desired. Breakfast is served promptly at 8:30. The homemade jelly was delicious. I did not care for the egg souffle with sausage (in addition to the bacon strips), but again, this is a matter of personal taste. I did not request any special meal selections. We sat across the breakfast table from a couple who were very enthusiastic about their stay here and offered to post a very favorable report. I hope that they did.

Room Tip: We stayed in "Jessi's Room" upstairs. It had a queen sized bed plus a single bed alon...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review. I only wish you would have asked for your late night cereal and milk. I usually have cookies out for a late night snack. Sometimes they go quickly. Since I do a full breakfast in the mornings, I don't usually keep much cereal in the house. But I usually always have honey nut cheerios(my husband's favorite). I am sorry you didn't like the egg soufflé'. I don't eat eggs myself, so I always ask preferences for breakfast. I hope I did not forget to ask you. Most people expect the fancier breakfast, some just like basic scrambled eggs grits, and bacon. I have been known to serve a boiled egg and toast upon request. Our Victorian décor is a matter of preference as you say. As a note for future guest who may stay in Jessi's room, you can pull up the shades. Since our neighbors are so close, the shades and the curtains are meant for privacy. You are certainly welcome to pull the shades up and the curtains back. Overall it sounds like you had an enjoyable stay with us. If you do decide to come back, remind me of your desire for cereal and milk at night, and I can let you pick the breakfast. :)
Best regards. Christine

Been to Bisland House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!