“Country setting” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 37 B&Bs / Inns in Natchez
Metairie, Louisiana
“Country setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This B&B is as close to the city of Natchez as other plantations. You drive on a county road and have stepped out of the city and into a quiet country dwelling. I usually prefer B&B places with other guests and missed that this time. We received excellent information on restaurants of our interest. Our antique furnished room was very nice with its added on bathroom. You receive a full classic breakfast. The owner is knowledgeable of the area, past and present. She is very interested in perserving this plantation for years to come.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

I've never written a review on an accommodations before until now. My family and I stayed at Glenfield Plantation during the spring pilgrimage. It's an antebellum home, not a hotel, so we wanted that type of lodging experience. I did read a few of the other post on here and I don't agree with the bad reviews. Their cancellation and refund policy is on their website, and I never came across any bugs. What I did find was comfort, a fabulous home cooked breakfast, privacy, and gracious southern hospitality. My family and I will stay again.

• Stayed March 2012
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

This was the worst B&B experience my girlfriend and I have ever had. Upon arriving at Glenfield, we were greeted by a damp room overrun by millipedes. It was difficult to navigate the floor without stepping on one or more millipedes. To make matters worse, upon learning my parents weren't originally from the US, the owner told me that I could pass as "one of us" and didn't look "greasy."
As we had arrived in Natchez in the late afternoon (and didn't want to pay twice for a hotel room), we had no real choice but to stay the night. We did, however, speak to the owner about leaving the next morning and cancelling our 2nd night at the B&B. Despite having made the resevervation only 3 hours earlier over the phone, we were told that it would be impossible to refund us for the following night. Initially, the owner said she had already cancelled on several people in the preceding 3 hours, even though the rest of the B&B was empty. The second excuse was that it was impossible to change the charges made to the credit card.
We will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

My husband and I took a trip to Natchez and discovered Glenfield, we are so glad we did. I didn't want to be in downtown as it was our anniversary, yet Glenfield is only 2 miles from downtown. It is located on a lot of land and just breath taking with the greenery on the patio and grounds. The rooms were spacious and clean and filled with antique furnishings. We had a hot breakfast that was so much food it was delicious! Take advantage of the tour the owner gives. She is very knowledgable and gave us great information for site seeing.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

I am writing about my experience with Glenfield Inn in Natchez, Mississippi.
We planned a weekend night stay and made a reservation just several days prior to our expected night's stay but were unable to make it due to a medical emergency.
The proprietors were unwilling to show any understanding or compassion for our situation and charged for one room.
I'm writing to let potential customers know that they told me they are not a hotel and their cancellation policy is such that you will be charged if you cancel. I was not told this when making the reservation.
Therefore if the unexpected were to happen you have no level of understanding the awaits you, which seems to not be what you expect from a hospitable and friendly bed and breakfast .This just made the whole experience for us a horrible one.
It is unfortunate our experience with this bed and breakfast was negative when one expects the exact opposite from a small friendly southern bed and breakfast in a small town.

glenfieldbb, Manager at Glenfield Plantation Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
As you were made aware at time of reservation, we are a private bed and breakfast, and not a hotel chain. We offer a gift certificate in case of cancellation which was told to you at time of reservation. This is due to the fact that we have only 4 rooms. I find it unkindly of you to mark us with a low score based on you not understanding our cancellation policy and/or procedure when you did not even experience a stay at the property.

Been to Glenfield Plantation Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!