“Mother/ Daugter Night at Linden” 5 of 5 stars

Linden
1 Conner Circle, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Ranked #8 of 36 Natchez B&B and Inns
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
“Mother/ Daugter Night at Linden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Linden this past weekend in Dick's Room and loved our time there. I have visited Natchez quite a few times now and have had the opportunity to stay in several other Bed-and-Breakfasts. I have not had any bad experiences, but I must say that Linden is a favorite. The bedrooms at Linden are large, clean and both of the beds were comfortable. Miss Jeanette (Feltus), whose family has owned and lived in Linden for generations, is a charming hostess. She is gracious and helpful with directions, recommendations on restaurants, and places to go for entertainment. She is what I would call one of the last of the true Southern Belles and is simply delightful. Linden itself is a beautiful home and my daughter and I both enjoyed the tour. I enjoyed my stay so much that I have already called to book to stay two nights during the Spring Pilgrimage.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hatfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

My Wife and I made wonderful choice in staying with Ms Feltus at Linden Place for our first visit to Natchez, MS.

She met us at the door and invited us into her home, she is quiet the Lady. Every effort and courtesy was extended to assure that our trip to the area and the stay at her place was a relaxed and pleasurable experience.

We moved about the expanse of the Seven Acre Yard at our leisure several times, exploring and taking pictures during our stay, walking under massive old Live Oaks across the manicured grounds was awe inspiring. The weather was warm as if it was Spring, the birds were singing and most of the many flowers and trees were in bloom. Even an a kitty or two would be sitting around sunning in the outer yard sunning. The yard is suitable for children to play in.

Fresh coffee is brewed on the gallery at the back of the house each morning, the lay of the land effects a slight draft to pull in the sweet aroma of the flowers from the courtyard as you sit and drink your coffee and read the paper and/or watch the news. Being on the Gallery/Porch is considered being in the house.

Anything that we were curious about Ms Feltus was very happy to explain and give the history concerning whatever we asked about.

The staff was very kind and really good at what they were doing. It was apparent that they took pride in working for Ms Feltus and helping her keep up a tradition of excellent service at Linden.

In summery? You just have to be there to see what I mean.

We have made new friends in Natchez, they live and work at Linden Place and will be going to see them again soon.

Room Tip: Just call her, she will explaine and help you choose the perfect room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We enjoyed a long weekend gettaway for "the girls", Linden Bed and Breakfast was a true southern delight, complete with an unexplained "thump in the night". The owner and hostess was the epitomy of "southern hospitality". Each day started with a delicious breakfast, coffee and tea on the gallery. The weekend included tours of several plantation homes where we were served mint juleps, wine, and the famous Linden's Milk Punch. We also took a ghost tour of Natchez, (orbs in our pictures) sure enough, hours spent exploring the beautiful monuments and reading the inscriptions engraved, reading the storys about those resting in the Natchez Cemetery. We made a trip over to The Myrtle's Plantation in St Francesville for the nighttime tour which was tons of fun. We can't wait to go again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the main part of the house, upstairs, both rooms had one full/queen bed and one half be...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Stamps, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

My sister and I stayed at Linden during October 2010, in the Cecile room shortly after the Fall Pilgramage. I had never stayed in a B & B before and didn't know what to expect. However, Mrs. Feltus was very kind and helpful. She is a little hard of hearing and tends to "yell" when she speaks, and after reading previous reviews I can see how others who did not know this may perceive her as "tempermental" and mean to her staff. She's not. Our room was charming and clean. We just soaked up the ambience of staying in such a historical home. It was a thrill. The breakfast was delicious. I had never eaten grits, but am now a regular consumer of them having been converted by Mrs. Feltus' breakfast! LOL! Her staff was friendly and so very helpful to me in particular. On our last day there, I woke with a severe headache and began throwing up. My sister got up and got ready, packed our bags, helped me dress, and then went down to breakfast. When asked where I was, she informed them of my condition. Mrs. Feltus sent tea and toast up to me in my room so that I could at least take some nourishment. If that is not kindness, I don't know what is. I can't thank them enough for their hospitality. I would recommend Linden if you want a home with history and atmosphere, but not if you want a hotel. This is for those wishing to experience true southern history and history. p.s. ask them about their resident ghost.

Room Tip: Go to Lindenbandb.com to choose your room. We did. It was great.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Idalou
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

What intrigued me most about my Linden experience during the Fall Pilgrimage was the hostess, Mrs. Feltus, who gave the best tour of all the houses we visited, probably because she has lived in Natchez for decades. We wished we could have visited with her more, but she had a house to run plus she enjoyed a rich social life.She's a spunky lady whose quips delighted us thoroughly. We five Texas gals thought the breakfast biscuits were the most divine. A wonderful experience and a most lovely time. I shall always long for more time on the gallery....
Jan from Texas

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Idalou
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed at the Linden home during the fall pilgrimage. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there! The home is lovely and the tour given by Mrs. Feltus is superb! She has antiques that I saw in no other homes. She is a fabulous hostess and is full of information - not only about the history of Linden and Natchez, but also where you should go to eat for lunch!

The rooms are very large and bathrooms are pleasing also. Her staff cooks a delightful breakfast and it is promptly served.

I recommend the Linden home for your stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

My husband, myself and our best friends were the only guests of Ms. Jeanette's on Dec. 27th. We were on our way to New Orleans for New Year's Eve. We spent one night and had breakfast with Ms. Jeanette in their beautiful diningroom. She was a wealth of info. and we learned soooo much. We absolutely loved it. I cannot thank her enough, especially for the milk punch recipe.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Linden? Share your experiences!