“Best Catfish Ever” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 89 Restaurants in Natchez
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Best Catfish Ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We ate here intending to have the fried chicken. But I chose instead the fried catfish. Best I have ever eaten. I don't remember anything else being remarkable - but I was lost in the catfish. I almost forgot that I was in Mississippi.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dorchester, United Kingdom
“A sample of southern hospitality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Sunday lunch at the carriage house in May 2013 was an excellent meal in historic surroundings with a fascinating mix of felow diners - and barely any of them were tourists..

And it was excellent value

• Visited May 2013
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Great eating experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went for lunch when we visited Natchez and weren't disappointed. Not being American we can't comment on the authenticity of the Southern cooking but the food certainly tasted excellent. I started with chicken livers which came in crispy batter with a very tasty sauce to dip them in - and they were plentiful too! I went on to have the fried chicken with mash and gravy - again really well cooked and very satisfying. My wife had a salad then fish which were both excellent too. The atmosphere was great - there was a buzz about the place and everyone seemed to be having a really good time. And the service could not have been better - one of our servers brought us some biscuits fresh from the oven sayng thy were delicious - and they were! A really nice way to enjoy lunch.

Visited June 2013
Natchez, Mississippi
“What a Pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I arrived at the Carriage House to meet someone for tea. We decided to try the bisquits since we had recently seen the place on one of the cooking networks. The rest is history. Mrs. O. D, thank you for perfecting the grits recipe. They are wonderful. The chicken salad as well as the fried chicken is the best in the southern region. I'll bet on that one, one hundred dollars to your wooden nickel. If you come to Natchez, this is a must stop.

• Visited May 2013
Kirkland, Washington, United States
“Great place for Southern cooking -- esp. the fried chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We just made it for lunch (they close at 2pm I believe).
We loved it. The fried chicken was excellent.
We also ordered the southern style appetizer plate -- lots of comfort food items including deviled eggs. -- we loved it.
The atmosphere is delightful. It adjoins a classic southern mansion (Stanton Hall -- see the tour first if you can).
also recommended: the mint julep.

• Visited April 2013