“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Really fantastic Thai and Sushi. Really great cocktails and always excellent service in a quaint place. It's really one of my favorite places in Natchez.

Visited May 2013

Natchitoches, Louisiana
“Average, but would try again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

It was an average meal and service. Would I try it again? Probably. I think it may have just been an off night for the kitchen and service.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Our best dining experience in Natchez... So far”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

This was the best dining experience I had in Natchez.

We walked downtown for a while, got tired and hungry and walked in and were seated right away.

The pad Thai was good. My wife's dish was good (don't remember the name). The cabbage soup was really good. We ordered the Heart on Fire dessert. It was different. I could have done without the sprinkles lol.

Fried bananas with ice cream on a flaming plate. It was the first time the waitress had served it and was pretty surprised at the presentation. It was funny to watch the cook light the plate and say "go, go NOW!" The dessert was kind of like the carriage ride. Unique and enjoyable, but there's no point in having it a second time.

Two entrees, one dessert, one (strong) mixed drink, we both left satisfied. $34 + tip.

So far it's the only place I'd eat again if we come back to Natchez.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Natchez, MS
“Sushi for Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Planet Thailand is a favorite for lunch (though they serve dinner as well) because they offer the Sushi Bento Box, appetizer, salad, dessert, California Roll, and your choice of another sushi item from a fairly long list. I can't believe they can put this lunch together for such a great price!

Visited December 2012
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Good, But Not Impressive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I love Thai food, but I wasn't overly impressed by this place. The sushi rolls (yes, although it is Thai, they have a large selection of sushi) were quite good, but my lemongrass soup left much to be desired. The soup tasted wonderful, but was so full of chopped bits of hard lemongrass that it was like eating a bowl of chopped, wet straw.
The service was not bad, but there seemed to be a bit of confusion among the staff and we had to ask for items such as soy sauce and chopsticks that should have been delivered with our food.
I won't steer you away from this place, but just don't expect it to blow your socks off.
And don't order the spicy lemongrass soup.

• Visited November 2012