“A favorite experience in Natchez” 5 of 5 stars

(601) 442-4548
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 85 restaurants in Natchez
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
“A favorite experience in Natchez”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We went back to Fat Mama's on this trip, like we have every single time we've been to Natchez. It's a fun atmosphere with Jimmy Buffet music playing in the background, and a great place for a few beers and tamales. The food is served quickly, and is hot and delicious. As we leave town every time, we go by and get a frozen "Gringo Pie" to take back home. Fat Mama's is a ritual for us with every trip.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Natchez, Mississippi
“Quick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Not fast food but service is very good. Frozen drinks and beer - really good tamales. Has a "gringo pie" that I would reccommend to any one.

“Enjoyable:”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Theis restaraunt is very nice. I love Mexican food. Nice people and very friendly. Delicious food to chose from.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great Tamales”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stopped in for lunch during the Baloon Festval.The place was packed. I ordered a dozen Tamales and had my order in less than a minute's wait. But we all know that it always comes down to the taste and let me assure you, my wife and I have never had a better Tamale.

Orange, Texas
“Delicious tamales, good margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

When traveling, I'm always enticed by hearing about a good frozen margarita. So, my husband and I ended up here after our late afternoon carriage ride. We weren't too hungry, but needed to eat something along with the margaritas, so we shared an order of chips and cheese ($5) and 1/2 dozen tamales ($4.75). Along with the crackers that came with tamales, we had plenty to snack on. The tamales were very good.......not heavy, very favorful. The 16 oz. frozen margaritas ($5....known as "Knocked You Naked") were good, not the best I've had, but good. I would have had to drink another to get a buzz, but I was satisfied. Very reasonable prices. Nice atmosphere. Good place to watch a football game. There are no waiters, but I left a tip on the table not knowing that my husband had already tipped on the credit card when he placed the order at the counter; that's okay. If ever in Natchez again, we will surely stop here......with a bigger appetite.