“Good ambiance and good evening meal” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 58 Restaurants in Penarth
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“Good ambiance and good evening meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My friends and I visited the restaurant last week and had a very enjoyable evening. We arrived with an additional person. The staff accommodated this easily. The two friends who had not been before we're impressed with the setting. Good range of choice on the evening menu which tempted us to a three course meal. The food was beautifully cooked and the time between courses nicely paced. The wine list is extensive. We chose a reasonably priced bottle of white wine which was very acceptable. Great ambiance, welcoming and friendly staff who took into account the couple of adjustments we asked for. The pricing includes service.

I live in the marina and have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner there on several occasions and I regularly take visiting friends for a 'table d'hôte' Sunday lunch. The restaurant makes a great addition to the marina. Deserves a visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kabul
“A modern restaurant in an old setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This purpose built very modern styled restaurant is built on an old pier in the former Penarth Docks, which is now transformed into Portway Village Marine. Penarth.
The view from the restaurant and bar is over the marina moorings and is most attractive.
The purpose built facility is well thought out and well managed.
The menu and wine list are quite comprehensive with various specials everyday. The deamnd is there so try to make an advanced booking..
The aim of the restaurant is to improve the restaurant offerings in the Peanarth / Cardiff area, and that it certainly does.
The restaurant opens early to take advantage of the sunny outlook in the mornings through to mid afternoon and the outdoor seating is comfortable and attractively set out

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Living Social deal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I phoned the retaraunt to explain that we are were unable to attend our booking that evening as my husband had nora virus. The member of staff tried to put me through to the manager but he wouldn't take my call. Was told to e mail them, which I did but they haven't replied. As the deal voucher expired the next day we have lost the money.
The manageress was also very rude to my friends when they did arrive for their table, and they said the table was for two and not four. She sais that I could have phoned! Well I had, twice!!!
Their customer service is terrible, and my friends said that their food was distinctly average

• Visited March 2013
Swansea
“A little haven on a wet welsh night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Busy, friendly staff and customers. Good interesting menu and value with views over the marina (if you could see out of the window but for the torrential weather).

Visited March 2013
cardiff
“good but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We ate here on a Wednesday evening. The restaurant was busy - always a good sign, but there had been a mix up with the tables which took a little time to sort out. We were relaxed about this but the man in charge was not, and we felt this made the initial atmosphere rather tense. Our first courses were excellent; my calamari was the best I think I have ever eaten - light and delicate. The main courses, however, were rather a let down. The black pudding warm salad was over greasy as was the batter of the fish and chips. The cod was judged to be rather bland by another of our party. The ambiance was great and on a summer evening, I imagine it must be very lively, but we did not feel that the food justified the quite high prices charged. Would I go back? I think so, but with some misgivings.

• Visited March 2013