“Relaxing Overnight Stay” 4 of 5 stars

10% off room rate
Wrexham
“Relaxing Overnight Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed here to do some walking in North Wales and to Visit Portmierion village.
Great location, but it is in the wilds a bit, However this added to it's charm and it was very peaceful and relaxing in a beautiful location. It is quite far down a farm track/road, but keep going and you will get there.

Room was a little small for a double, but it was acceptable. It was clean and every thing worked etc. Bathroom was good as well.

We ate in the restaurant in the evening and it was very good(But not cheap).
Breakfast was again very good with the cooked breakfast made to order.

Staff were welcoming and friendly and there is ample parking outside.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

The Brynllydan is a small well appointed country hotel with excellent views and friendly staff. The food is excellent and the rooms offer a comfortable nights sleep. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing accommodation in the area. Well done. ☺

• Stayed September 2013
north wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

we went here last night for food,tho not the cheapest place to eat,it is always well presented,we have been before,but not for a while now. set in the woods well off the road,you need to drive here,or take a taxi. the food is excellent,my family enjoyed i,tthere was 10 of us,out for dinner,tho i didnt drink,the prices 4 alcohol,are not the cheapest,but as i said it is a real nice place,one of the better places to eat at,i would say,rump steak was huge,cooked just the way i asked 4 it to be,most of our party had steak,one had a rack of lamb,and one had beef Bourguignon. we were all satisfied.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
somerset,england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My mother and i spent two nights here and loved the place
We were lucky enough to both have recently renovated rooms which were extremely comfortable and clean
The food in the restaurant was well priced and excellent quality - delicious
A wonderful find

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have stayed at Brynllydan a few times, the staff are always friendly and polite, the room is clean with complimentary tea/coffee and biscuits and recently the room has been renovated to a high standard, fantastic views of Snowdon. Breakfast is superb and keeps you going all day. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
cheltenham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've read all the other reviews and don't want to be unfair. The hotel is in a lovely position and the staff are very friendly and welcoming. We had two rooms and the one my daughter and I shared was comfortable (the beds were lovely) and the bathroom was acceptable (I'm sorry to say was not completely clean) My husband's room was very tired and outdated. He is not fussy, but he said he was sad to see that it was not completely clean. Maybe we were very unlucky.on that particular day.
We did have an evening meal and although staff were very keen to accommodate our wishes, I'm afraid I could not eat my meal. There were flies everywhere and I found this very offputting. The carpet on the floor was grim and the chef did not seem to be wearing hygienic clothes ( a sleeveless t-shirt). I think that with a bit of attention to detail and some decorating this could be a truly wonderful hotel, but it would need to improve a lot before I would like to stay again. We stayed in another hotel, for the same price, for the rest of our stay in Snowdonia and it was superior in every way and I have given it a top rating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brynllydan, Owner at Brynllydan Country Guest House, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Guest. we are sorry you were less than happy about your stay but some of the comments leave us a little puzzled. We accept that there were a lot of flies around at the time but every one else around the area were experiencing the same problem and all measures possible were taken to prevent any problem in the kitchen. The comment about the carpet also leaves us a little confused as all carpets have been replaced with new ones costing several thousand pounds only three years ago. I am afraid you were also mistaken about the chef`s clothing as the person you saw was me the owner, not the chef, and I do not do any cooking whatsoever. Yes the room your Husband had was not one of our best but an ongoing program of upgrading is in progress as you would be aware because the room you and your daughter were in had a new luxury bathroom installed only last yearjust before your stay. Cleanliness is of the utmost impotance but sometimes staff miss things and I can only apologise for this. I think the majority of comments from guests give a true picture of brynllydan Hotel, but you are of course entitled to your opinion. Regards, J Forshaw Proprietor.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Disappointed to see this hotel/Resturant on trip advisor we wanted to keep quite about it . It is that good...great location excellent food wonderful friendly staff. I am not going to tell you any more in case you all go and I can not get a room next time
Stan

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Brynllydan Country Guest House? Share your experiences!