My focus to going to Keystone was to spend the day at the July 3rd fireworks at Mt. Rushmore so I was looking for a close hotel that was hopefully, safe, clean and quiet.
We first stopped by the hotel on the 3rd and asked for a late checkin and they accomodated us. So we went and spent the day at mt. rushmore and watched the fireworks. By the time we got to the hotel it was 11:30 pm.
The checkin was quick. The room was nice, large and clean. Now I paid $128 for the room and stayed at much better hotels for the price. But when you are there for the fireworks, all the hotels are expensive.
This one seemed not too bad for the money. Next morning we were up, had our breakfast buffet and then gone. So can't say there was anything bad about it. But if you are driving all the way to Keystone just to spend the day at the hotel, then you need to re-evaluate why you are going.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please note that as of 3 Oct 2014 we are changing the name of the hotel to The Lodge at Mount Rushmore. All the same great amenities and award-winning customer service! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Lodge at Mount Rushmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Four Presidents Hotel Keystone
- Best Western Plus 4 Presidents Lodge
- Best Western Keystone
- Keystone Best Western