“Very beautiful place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Mount Rushmore

You added The Lodge at Mount Rushmore to your Saves list
The Lodge at Mount Rushmore
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   24075 Highway 16A, Keystone, SD 57751 (Formerly Best Western Plus Four Presidents Lodge)   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Keystone
“Very beautiful place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay. Went in my room, very nice and put toghter. The gentleman at the front desk was very kind, answered every question I had. Every time I came down he would ask how things are. Love the indoor pool. Breakfast bar was very good liked the choices of food. The hotel was very clean. I would stay there again. I believe that anytime I visit the black hills I will stay at the Best Western keystone.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Yankton, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The positive in this review is the front end young man was very professional and tried his very best to accommodate to a hotel that was less then functional. Check in was fine although no luggage carrier available (someone had it upstairs I was told), walking into my room appeared lovely. Nice king bed, very spacious. I set my stuff down and immediately heard my neighbors in the next room (full conversation) through paper thin walls.

I asked front desk if there was young kids next door and he said I could move if need be, to upstairs where there were more screaming running kids. Went into the bathroom and was horrified to see half-way used lotion. Dingy white towels and a handicap shower. I did not reserve a handicap accessible room. Coffee pot is right next to sink which I find seriously unsafe. Tried to set alarm for 6am wakeup call and alarm was not functional in a manner that was understood. Called front desk and he came to room and he tried his hardest to set the clock, he could not either. He assured me of 6am wakeup call and I never received one. Good thing I was up on my own.

Breakfast was not served till 7am which I find late for us travelers who leave by seven. When I turned my card in (in a hurry) I had to find the breakfast staff because manager or worker was nowhere to be found. Lastly, there were only 6 or so channels to watch with no guide of listings. Thankfully I had a laptop with (slow internet though).

Room Tip: Always ask what internet speed is amount of TV channels provided, what time breakfast is served and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
MarkMGT, Owner at The Lodge at Mount Rushmore, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Greetings! Thank you for your thoughtful comments. Be assured that I have reviewed all of your concerns with my entire staff. I am a bit perplexed about the wi-fi comments and the TV channel selection comments. We have not had any availability issues with either of these.

Yes, our rooms are spacious and we have fantastic beds. You should not have had noise coming from other rooms. I am investigating this as the property was designed to exceed
the regular noise requirements.

Thank you for the complimenting the staff!

Traveler tip: as soon as you see something not quite right in a hotel room, let the staff know
ASAP. Most places (our included) will immediately address any concerns.

Happy travels,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Located at top of Keystone it is away from main part of town and hubbub. Bed was great, lobby lodge type decor. Indoor pool and jacuzzi. Breakfast was usual chain fare. Wifi worked. Only a few miles to Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial. Criticism water was so salty could not drink it. Guessing the water softener was broken. Elevator not working for a few days either. All in all would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
strausstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Nestled in the Black Hill's region, this hotel was convenient to all the beautiful attractions - Mt. Rushmore (about 10 minutes away), Crazy Horse (25 min.) and the lovely town of Keystone, which was a few minutes down the road. Our elevator was out of service when we arrived and they gave us a nice discount on our room price. The staff was super friendly and very apologetic regarding the elevator issue (there were only 3 floors). Rooms were clean and hot breakfast (on site) was delicious. There is a restaurant (Holy Smoke Resort) right down the hill from the hotel, easily walkable, which offered delicious food. A must-stop for travelers seeing the sites!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel, which offers beautiful views of the mountain.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

After checking a few of the other hotels in the Keystone area and finding the rates to be extremely high for off-season travel we decided to check out the Best Western. We were not disappointed. The rate was fantastic compared to the other hotels in the area. The accomodations were what I would expect from a Best Western. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and a nice little continental breakfast. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This Best Western is exactly 2 miles from congested downtown Keystone, a good area to avoid during peak visitation periods. Keystone is a ticky-tacky, price-inflated tourist trap that makes Gatlinburg, TN look good. Despite being 11 years old, the hotel remains remarkably bright, fresh, and clean. Large indoor pool. Above average continental breakfast with warm entrees is provided. All in all a most pleasant and welcome place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
brut, Owner at The Lodge at Mount Rushmore, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Greetings! Thank you for the nice review.

We will be opening for the 2013 Season on 1 April. Check out our great packages and advance purchase rates.

Thank you!
Fair Oaks, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

A real western style feeling, very nice rooms, quiet location, 1 mile from great restaurants...Ray, the manager (or should be) very cordial. Very good price, includes a full breakfast on site...a charming little town, that you need to park the car, get out and walk to enjoy same. Don't miss the red garter saloon, and adjoining restaurant...yummy food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Lodge at Mount Rushmore? Share your experiences!