Whenever I travel I have learned to expect the unexpected. Things happen and we have to be ready to respond. Therefore, it is important to me how the hotel responded to the unexpected. This hotel did a fine job. On one of the days we were there the well supplying water to the hotel failed to operate correctly and we were without water. Starting early in the AM, they contacted the repair service and had a temporary fix and water by 9:00 AM, I believe that the entire problem was fixed by 11:00 AM. Although I considered the disruption not to be major and beyond their control, they made the choice without our asking to issue a credit to everyone in our group for 50% of the room rate for that day. They also did a fine job of keeping everyone informed of the problem and the status of the fix. I found this to be a job well done. I do wish that the airlines would do the same.
We enjoyed the rest of our stay and everything was exactly as they advertised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please note that as of 3 Oct 2014 we are changing the name of the hotel to The Lodge at Mount Rushmore. All the same great amenities and award-winning customer service! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Lodge at Mount Rushmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Four Presidents Hotel Keystone
- Best Western Plus 4 Presidents Lodge
- Best Western Keystone
- Keystone Best Western