“Nice room” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Keystone
Baker, Nevada
“Nice room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

It was a nice room and not a bad price. I wish they would have had a guest landry. It was pet friendly with a nice area to walk the dogs. I appreciated the fact we could get a down stairs room which was close to the door not only for easy in and out with the dogs but for my husband who has difficulty with stairs. Our room had two Queen beds which were very comfortable but it made the room a bit cramped, and both beds against the wall on 1 side so we used both beds. Again as a pet owner and someone who has cleaned room I paid extra for my pet to stay. But I also made sure they slept on their beds and were not left in the room alone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Booking the room for 2 nights at the last minute wasn't an issue- they had rooms available. Almost literally last minute- about 5 hours before we pulled in to town. Also, the staff was very friendly, patient, and helpful. Any questions we had regarding the hotel or local businesses were promptly answered with accurate information. Randy, in particular, did a fantastic job with his service and friendly, helpful attitude. Did not utilize any extra amenities or services so I cannot comment on those. The heat/AC unit in the room was quick to make the room comfortable.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the backside of the hotel and there is an embankment to prevent anyone from s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We just showed up there and a double room was available for my dad and I. It took awhile to check in due to a lot of people arriving just after dark. The reception staff was very friendly and did a good job getting us checked in.

The room was very adequate with a large bathroom, an electric fireplace, cable TV, and a microwave. The lobby had free coffee, but no decaf. The only complaint we had was the bathroom. While the room and sink were clean, the tub had obviously not been cleaned - there was a ring around it. There were two soap bars but no shampoo or conditioner.

The hotel is attached to the restaurant and a bar/casino. I got my decaf from there but I think they started the pot that morning. The pool area is inside the building next to the reception area and looked very, very nice. There were rooms over looking the pool. There was also a conference room in that area.

We slept well and had a nice breakfast in the restaurant, although that wasn't included. It was about $85 for the room, compared to $109 for the Holiday Inn Express with a continental breakfast. We got $1 off coupons for staying in the hotel.

I would stay there again due to the price and great location close to Mt Rushmore.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside, away from the parking lot. It would have been very quiet if the people...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We spent 3 nights here. Did not use the pool. I would not want a pool view room unless you do it to watch your kids from above. We had a very nice room in the corner of the hotel that had a jacuzzi tub and fireplace. Small refrigerator in the room and all the coffee you want in the lobby.
No complaints about being dirty. I don't like using any hotels comforters and this hotel is no exception. We had a good rate too. The parking is not great,but we had no problem because we were there in mid September. Location is good for walking around the area too and finding some food to eat. No great restaurants in the area, all basic. The front desk staff is great and will help you as much as they can within their limits as employees.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the swimming pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
South Coffeyville, Oklahoma, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our room had been sprayed with a very strong odor neutralizer and was overwhelming. The beds were very soft and lumpy. The parking lot is extremely small. If you don't own a compact car, you will have a terrible time parking. I normally don't complain if there are a very unsatisfactory problems in a hotel, that is normal. We got absolutely no rest and with the spray, my daughter and my allergies went wild. I recommend paying a bit more and staying at the Holiday Inn next door!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Williston, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed there 3 days because of the proximity to all we wanted to see. We usually bring our own toiletries along so did not need anything but the cleaning ladies asked us if we did. The rooms were comfortable and roomy. We loved being so close to the boardwalk! I had lost my cherished necklace sometime along our trip and just figured it had fallen off and was gone. Today, an envelope showed up with that necklace in it! I was so happy and we didn't even call to ask if it was there! Thank you!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This place was dated and the room had a musty smell but it's in the middle of keystone for a good price. The room has most things you need and the staff were friendly, they gave us 10% off vouchers for a couple of the local restaurants and told us where to find them. We ended up going somewhere else after a wander so can't comment on what they were like but it was good to have the option and the info. Plenty of parking out front.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mt. Rushmore's White House Resort? Share your experiences!