“This hotel has the best location in...” 5 of 5 stars

Keystone Boardwalk Inn & Suites
250 Winter Street, Keystone, SD 57751   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Keystone
wv
“This hotel has the best location in...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010 via mobile

This hotel has the best location in keystone! You can walk to all the shops and restaurants...they are just a few steps away.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

After driving 2100 miles from Southwest Florida, we were very pleased to find this hotel clean, well kept and organized. The reservation process was flawless and the staff was very friendly and took care of our needs. When we decided to head home 1 day early they took care of our arrangements with no questions asked. The hotel is in a perfect location (walking distance) to both Keystone and Mount Rushmore. We enjoyed the balcony, which was perfect for relaxing with a great view of downtown Keystone. The continental breakfast was good also. If we travel to Keystone again, we will book here without hesitation....

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

We only stayed here for one night. Apparently they had upgraded us to a suite, whoch made us happy of course although the suite is nothing more than a large space with nothing in it, only a bed and a telly. Clerk was friendly, but when we arrived in the morning for our breakfast there was nothing left: no fruit, no cereal, ni muffins. When I asked the person at the reception she went to get some toast but nothing more (there was no tea either) so I wasn't really happy about that.

Let's say we have not had a terribly bad experience here as some tourists.

• Liked — Close to Mount Rushmore
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

The keystone boardwalk had a very accomidating staff. We traveled from Montana and my husband ended up getting a migrain headach. He hung out in the room to rest and recover from his migrain headach. While he rested in a nice large room, I did crosswords in the front lobby. The staff was very friendly and informative. My husbands migrain would not break and I needed to take him to the hopsital for a shot. The front desk staff went above and beyond to help us on our way to the hospital. the direction they gave were to the "T". Even though we had medical issues while in Keystone, the Keystone boardwalk was a clean enjoyable place to stay.

• Liked — Friendly people
  • Disliked — No cell service no internet access 25 miles from closest medical services
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
leeds
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

we stayed in this hotel for 5 days out of the 5 the bed was made twice. it was $129 a night, it should have been $29 continental breakfast very good, location excellence staff plesant.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

I booked a room here and then canceled my reservation. I was lead to believe that everything was fine until I received my statement and had up toward $300 of charges on my credit card. When I called to have the fees reversed the woman Cydni Peterson was the worst person to deal with. This business has no clue how to treat a customer and I would stay in my car before I would ever consider even walking foot into this place.

Stayed July 2008
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

My family and I left our hotel room at about 7:30 am to walk across the street for breakfast. We had planned to eat and then return to our hotel to use the facilities before our 16 hour drive home. We had NOT yet checked out! When we returned to the room, the cleaning crew had the room torn apart. We were not able to use the room, nor did the hotel offer us restroom. When I complained to the manager upon our CHECK OUT, she was absolutely passive and replied "Ok, thank you". Unbelievable.

This hotel is not worth the $$ or hassle when there are so many other nice hotels just across the street!

• Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Keystone Boardwalk Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!