“This place has been outstanding, exceeding all our expectations!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rushmore Express Inn & Family Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Keystone
Rushmore Express Inn & Family Suites
You added Rushmore Express Inn & Family Suites to your Saves list
320 Cemetery Road, Keystone, SD 57751-0654   |
Call Hotel:
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Keystone
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“This place has been outstanding, exceeding all our expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

We were really surprised, in a good way, by the Rushmore Express. After reading the many negative reviews, I was beginning to regret making our reservations, but on arrival all my concerns vanished. The hotel pleasantly arranged for an early check in since we arrived in Keystone early in the day. The room, a family suite with two queens and a pull out sofa, is beautiful. The wall coverings, carpet and furnishings are all new. The granite bathroom is very nice. Some of our toiletries didn't get packed and the staff quickly gave us replacements. When I called the front desk to ask about extra blankets and towels, they arrived at our room with a smile within 5 minutes. The kids loved the pool in the evenings. The only disappointment about our stay was the breakfast: not very many hot options and mostly high carb choices, but still a decent way to start the day. We would definitely stay here again and not hesitate to recommend the Rushmore Express!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Close to everything Keystone..staff was incredibly helpful in recommending restaurants and answered the questions we had, breakfast was good, but i dont recommend waiting for the last minute to eat as they were running out of certain choices. they were out of hard-boiled eggs, but staff came out with more when asked. room was a great value for the price and air conditioning worked great. would go back again in a heartbeat.

aroda
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The location was good. Close to attractions we were doing. The service was not good. Did not make our beds every day, breakfast food was not good at all, we had to ask for soap,shampoo and towels..did not replenish when gone....Coffee and supplies were always gone, and had to ask for more each day.
The staff is so young, and they were playing around all the time.
we stayed 6 days and the service only got worse. Would not forward incoming calls to our room. Afraid of being charged?The WiFi was down several days.
It was me, my daughter, and two young granddaughters.... The 8yr old left her bag, of toys etc, and the hotel did not want to send it to me till i sent them a prepaid mailer. Finally , what should of been a favor to a 6 day stay guest, the COD costs me $21.35
I will never recommend this hotel to anyone going to the area. There is a nice Super 8 across the road..That is where we will stay next time.

Room Tip: maybe the suites were much better. we stayed in a double room on front near office. we liked the ro...
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Having just completed a 10 day cross-country trip from L.A. to the Midwest with small children, we couldn't be more thrilled with our fabulous stay at the Rushmore Express. The staff and management were very kind and accommodating. The hotel was immaculate and the family suites were incredibly spacious and comfortable. We have travelled worldwide and we easily consider the Rushmore Express to be one of our most pleasant and comfortable stays thus far!

Room Tip: The family suites are fabulous!
Colorado, U.S.A.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I read a review saying that this hotel is under new management, so if that's the case, then the new management is doing a fantastic job!

I was on a road trip with my brother and his family--four of us in all, including a 2 year old. I had made the reservation a couple of months in advance, and when I arrived, the guy at the front desk informed me that, if it was alright with me, he was going to move me from a third floor room to a second floor room, because we were the only ones on the third floor and they were trying to conserve resources. I said that was fine, as long as it had the same set-up that I requested--two queen beds and a sofa. He said it had that, plus a bunk bed.

When we got to our room, we could not believe it! This place was huge! It was definitely larger than my apartment. It had a living room with fireplace, a dining room, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a bedroom. The bunk bed was out in a nook off of the dining room. The place was WAY more than we were expecting, and very well priced.

We didn't have any problems while there, but the staff was always very nice and greeted us whenever we saw them in the hall, so I feel like they would have been receptive to any issues we could have had.

I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Keystone!

Room Tip: I don't know about the rooms in the main building, but our room was in the back building, and it...
Cody wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

So i understand that the Hotel is under NEW MANAGMENT! Yippee! So we are planning a visit there in the next few weeks. The area is beautiful and am excited to see the updates. I will give a new reciew after our visit. I am inpressed that the manager, Rick acutually cares about the people who visit. What a good feeling.. See ya soon!

Room Tip: GReat Central Locations. Kid friendly, but romanti for couples...
Keystone, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed in one of the queen suites (204) with 6 people. The room was great!! It was spacious, clean and the hotel is in a fantastic location. We stayed 3 nights and would definitely stay again. The room only has 1bathroom which we thought might be an issue for 5 adults & 1 child to share but there is a sink & huge mirror in the bar with convenient plug ins so it was not a problem. The only drawback was that the pool was quite cold. The hotel is located across from the alpine lift & slide I would recommend going up when it opens. There are some great views & nice areas to sit & have a drink or lunch. The hotel is within walking distance of the presidential wax museum, a short drive to Mount Rushmore & very convenient & central to other locations.

Room Tip: Room 204 was on the ground floor & convenient to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rushmore Express Inn & Family Suites? Share your experiences!