“Staff pretty poor, pricey 2 minutes. ” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 19 Attractions in Keystone
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: You may ride our chairlift to the top of our mountain to have lunch and dine with a view of Mt. Rushmore just one mile across the valley. Once you have seen that gardens and had lunch, you may take our 2000 ft long self controlled alpine slide to the bottom. At the bottom, we have two 800 ft long ziplines side by side and an aerial adventure park which is a challenge course built up in the tree tops!
12 attraction reviews
“Staff pretty poor, pricey 2 minutes. ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

The ride is what you make of it. It can be a great few minutes if you pick up speed and feel the rush, or it could be pretty boring if you ride the brake all the way down.

I had to go with my 6 yr old, so I let us gain some speed and we had a great time. My 9 yr old was kind of scared, so she went very slow all the way down. Unfortunately for my wife, she was following her, so she had to go slow, too. I don't think they had a very good time.

Staff was pretty much useless. You would think they would give a little instruction on how the sled worked. Not really, they just said, this one is the fast-lane, this one the slow-lane. To make things worse, when the slide is done, you have to carry your own sled over to them to place on the chairlift back up. So dads, enjoy carrying your sled, your wife's sled, and your young kids' sleds. Really, what is the staff paid for? Don't really do anything for you at the top, don't do a damn thing for you at the bottom.

Nashville, TN
8 attraction reviews
“Take the time and stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We had no idea of the little town right outside of visiting Mt. Rushmore - the town of Keystone is awesome and quaint. We only had time for the Alpine slide. Take a ride up the chair lift and enjoy the views. There is so much to do. There are two slides even a designated side for slower riders. But just know they both go as fast as the driver allows. WOO WEE what a ride and so much fun. Even if you have small kids you can have them ride with an adult. Great for any ages.

Visited July 2014
Riverton, Wyoming
35 attraction reviews
“Fun for all ages”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We only did the Alpine slide once (we spend all our time at the adventure park next door) but we wished we had more. You could easily do this slide several times and not get bored. Watch the weather as they don't give refunds and rain is an issue in this area.

Visited June 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
33 attraction reviews
“Ride was over way to quick!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Myself, husband and our two sons (13 & 5) decided to do the tram up the mountain and the alpine slide down. We had sooo much fun!! My husband and 13 year old son road by themselves but my 5 year old road with me which is required due to his age. He pretty much sat on my lap and laughed all the way down. My youngest son is very adventurous so I was trying to travel at a safe speed (I read the review from the guy he got injured) but my son kept pushing the gear to make us go faster. So I pleased to announce that we beat my husband down the mountain. So if we’re ever in Keystone, SD, I’ll definitely visit again.

Visited August 2014
Minnesota
5 attraction reviews
“Fun for all ages”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We go to every alpine slide we find. This is our 3rd set. Although I think they should have better rules and restrictions on who can ride by themselves. There were several younger children that should have been riding with an adult. My kids love these slides, but I would not let them ride by themselves yet.

Visited August 2014