“do not go here if you want good food” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in Keystone
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: We are a full service restaurant serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. We can accommidate very large groups. We can seat up to 150 people. Advance notice for groups larger than 15 is recommended. We have a variety of foods for everyones needs. We are willing to accommidate any special dietary needs as well. We can do special pricing/food for groups please call to discuss your needs. We are a family owned and operated homecookin cafe.
Sioux Falls
“do not go here if you want good food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had breakfast here ONCE!! We go to the HILLD several times a year and willl NEVER go back here again!! Food is greasy and tasteless!! Was the worst breakfast we have ever had!! The price is way more then it should be for this crappy food.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
peggysplace, Owner at Peggy's Place, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I feel I had to respond to this review with the email between Marlene and myself. She came in very early in my season and posted very late in my season. By the time I got the post I could not correct the problem that she had at the time. I would ask of all people who buy anything if you are not satisfied speak up right away and ask for a manager/owner and let them know what is the problem. Good managers/owers and well trained employees will make everything right with you and you will be happy when you walk out the door. This way you don't have negative reviews months later and the business has no chance to redeam itself. I see Marlene you were under much stress for much of the year and I know of the stress and tragedies and I just wonder if some of what you were feeling just came off onto other things to relieve stress. I know of this it has happened to me. I take the good and the bad reviews as they come and I always try to find out when a person came so I can fix things right away. I am very sorry you had a bad experience and I wished you would have said something while you were there so I could have fixed it. I welcome you back to let us try again. We are human and we make mistakes. No one food place is absolutely perfect everytime. At least not any I have been too. I always give second and even 3rd chances in some cases if I see the employees, managers and owners trying hard. I hope other viewers will take the things I have said into consideration when going into any type of business. I know in my business my customers are my living and I will do anything to keep you coming back while you are here and year after year if you visit the hills that often. Thank you

RE: Date

From: Marlene Z

On October 7, 2012 6:10 PM peggysplace wrote:
Hello I am Peggy from Peggy's Place. I am sorry for your experience. What I am curious about what date where you at my place. This would really help me to solve this issue. Thank you, Peggy Janeck

Helly Peggy . I am very sorry but cannot remember the exact date but we left home on Friday the 28th so had to be that week end we stayed a day or two in the Hills on our way to WA to visit my sister who has cancer then we stopped back through on our way back. It is hard for me to remember the exact date as we have had to do much 'BAD' traveling this year. Nov to NV for my little sisters funeral, Dec to AZ for my uncles funeral, Feb to my aunts funeral, May to see my sister in WA, then a good trip to CO in June to see new grandbaby, then to brookings to see sick aunt, then a trip to the Hills to visit cousin with Alzheimer's. So I am sorry I cannot say the exact date just the end of May. I hope this helps you.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good Simple food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We ate here early one evening before going to the Mount Rushmore evening ceremony. We both had burgers and fries. These were perfectly good, reasonable portion size, quite tasty and good value. Service was pleasant & attentive.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bellbrook, OH
“30th Anniversary Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Probably the best breakfast we had on our trip to the Keystone area. Very friendly, clean and the food was outstanding.

Visited September 2012
Winnipeg
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had lunch there September 5, 2012. I ate a BBQ rib burger with homemade fries. My wife had the chicken-ham-egg salad. The portions were large and everything was tasty and fresh. And the price reasonable. The waitress was friendly and talkative. We’d go back there if we’re ever in the area again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
omaha
“Best breakfast in Keystone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

The service was quick and very friendly. The sausage gravy is a must - the best we have ever had. Highly recommend breakfast here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere