“Christmas Party Night - great fun!!” 5 of 5 stars

Abington Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   78 Carlisle Road, Abington ML12 6SD, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Abington
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Christmas Party Night - great fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Superb Christmas Party night last night. Tables beautifully set, complimentary Bucks Fizz and a superb disco and karaoke. The food was lovely - 3 plentiful courses and then coffee, mince pies and mints in the conservatory beside a gorgeous Christmas tree. Many thanks to owners Duncan and Susan for the hospitality. I would thoroughly recommend!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1AbingtonHotel, Owner at Abington Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Mnay thanks to kersdale323 for their review following the Christmas Party Night here at the Abington Hotel.
Their kind comments regarding the Christmas Meal, Hotel and Hospitality are very much appreciated. Hoping to see you all again next Christmas!
Kind Regard
Owner, Abington Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

well..what a fantastic night i had last night in the Abington Hotel - great venue for any party
nothing is too much for the staff and they looked after all my guests thanks guys - will defo book for next one

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1AbingtonHotel, Owner at Abington Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Many thanks to Susan 40_11 for her kind comments regarding the Abington Hotel and Staff following the celebration of her 40th Birthday.
We were delighted to be part of the celebrations and to see so many people enjoying themselves on the evening.
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

A huge Thank you to all the Staff and Duncan the Owner who came to our Aid on the 12th of August 2011 A busy weekend for you guys by all accounts as you were full.
However,
We managed to receive the best accomodation & meals possible, served and treated like VIP's
We arrived real late into the village in the hope of getting a room, however with the Edinburgh Tattoo, you were fully booked and very busy. I thought the best I could hope for was that you Duncan would allow us to keep our bikes in your garage and get a taxi someplace and deal with out problems ourself.
But you took pity and helped out big time with my 11 year old son Charlie and I who cycled from Brighton Sussex on route to Glasgow on our own for a Charity that Charlie found out about called Marys Meals which is responsible for feeding 557,000 children on a daily basis in their place of education and cost just £6.15 to feed a child for a year.
Charlie, as you know had a bad leg injury that had just happened an hour before arriving with you, you arranged for us to come into the dry and clean him up, gave us wonderful soup and bread of which I struggled to eat because I felt a bit of a failure with the child injured no place to stay plus the bad personal news I received I was struggling to be strong but you were very gentle and praised what we were doing and gave us accomodation away from the Hotel, yet fed us at the hotel even though the restaurant was closed which was amazing, and before you left for the weekend you left instructions for us to be taken care of, we returned to the hotel for the morning breakfast treated with such welcoming attentive staff especially Catherine, her daughter, Jean, Katie and all the others we did not get their names, but, despite Charlies Bad leg which did need hospital treatment in the end we were totally energised to cycle the last 40 Miles to Glasgow that day and meet up with the charity at their wharehouse in Glasgow later on in the week and I just know that is what my Mum would have wanted us to do.
THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR YOUR KINDNESS we recently made a donation to the charity as you would not accept any payment, but we do however look forward to paying for a stay at your Hotel in the future as the rates for what you get are First Class <3 People focused staff. You guys have really restored my faith in Human Kindness.
By the way I have really learnt a lot from Charlie and am so proud of him for wanting to live out his dream.
He met a lot of good people on his journey, which I know will have an effect on his life.

Look forward to meeting with you in the future and promise to send a couple of photo's soon! not sure if we would have completed that last bit if it were not for meeting with you guys!

Kind regards & Best Wishes for your future,

Julie & Charlie Doherty

Sorry for taking so long to find out about tripadvisor or not to have said Thank You before, but we've had a lot on and Charlie has started secondary school things getting back to normal and you have been in a lot of stories we've told. x

Room Tip: Relax and Enjoy!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1AbingtonHotel, Owner at Abington Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Hello to Julie D and Charlie. Thank you so much for your generous comments - I and all my staff were only too glad to offer our help when you stopped off at the Abington Hotel.
I am delighted to read that you and Charlie were able to complete the final leg of your Charity Cycle Ride. Well done to both of you-it's a marvellous achievement.
It looks as though Charlie has another "challenge" in the form of Secondary School but if he can complete a tough and vigorous cycle challenge then I am sure school will be a mere walk in the park!
Really looking forward to seeing your photographs- if it is alright with yourself I would like to put these on our website.
Thank you again and hope to see you both in the very near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011 via mobile

Would like to say a massive thank you to 3 members of staff in particular. To Jean, Frances and Kenneth a huge thank you for your help in gettin me from your hotel to glasgow to connect to my sailing home to ireland. You all went out of your way to see that I made my sailing home. An extra thank you to kenneth who brought me to glasgow to catch my train. Your generousity was very much appreciated. The hotel itself was first class.. Good rooms and food was great also. Hope to be back at some point. Thanks again to all the staff.

• Stayed October 2011
1AbingtonHotel, Owner at Abington Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thank you to Percy 79 for his very kind comments regarding the level of service offered to him and for particularly mentioning Jean, Frances and Kenneth. I am pleased to read that you managed to return home safe and well.
All my staff take great pride in offering a friendly and professional service and of course it is always very pleasing that this is recognised by our guests.
Thank you also for your comments in respect of the good quality of the food and bedrooms.
I hope to welcome you once again to the Abington Hotel in the very near future.
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Always stop overnight on our way north.The staff are brilliant,all doing more than their share to make your stay a happy one. They never forget a face,especially Lis in the bar.Also the chef is a nice chap,sometimes doubling up on reception. All the staff are "ACE".
The rooms are spotless & the food is excellent.We would highly recommend this friendly hotel
to everyone.
We always stay on our return journey to Yorkshire.A good solid reliable hotel.Thankyou.
Eddie & Sue Beever.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1AbingtonHotel, Owner at Abington Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Many thanks to Edward B822 for their generous comments regarding their recent stay at the Abington Hotel.
Your kind review of our rooms, food and our staff with your particular name check for Lis and our chef, Kenneth is indeed a pleasure to read. As owner of the Abington Hotel it fills me with great pride to see that the hard work and customer care provided by my staff is recognised by our guests.
I hope you had an enjoyable stay in Scotland during your travels North and that you had a safe journey travelling home.
I look forward to being your host during your next visit to the Abington Hotel.

cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Stayed here twice and eaten here a few times and always a pleasure. Staff very friendly and helpful and keep remembering us! Characterful and reliable hotel in strategic stopping-off location for our regular travels to the Highlands and Islands; also handy for the lovely Southern Uplands. Solid value for money and good internet deals. No parking problems and ground level access to bedrooms via back door. Every chance we'll be back again next year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1AbingtonHotel, Owner at Abington Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
My thanks to Andy A for submitting his review following his recent stay with his family at the Abington Hotel.

I am delighted to read his very kind comments regarding his overall impression of the Hotel and in particular the level of service offered by my staff. As owner of the Hotel, positive reviews and comments referring to the level of friendliness and customer care offered by my staff is always one of the most pleasing things that I could hope to read in a guest review.

Thank you also for mentioning the value of our Internet deals - many of which change seasonally and accommodate most level of guest from the family market, walkers, anglers, keen gardeners etc.

As Andy A also mentions access for families with large amounts of luggage or indeed guests with mobility problems can simply park their car at the rear side of the Hotel and enter their room at ground floor level which hopefully makes arriving and settling in to the Hotel that bit easier for our guests.

I do hope that Andy A and his family enjoyed the rest of their travels in the Highlands & Islands and I very much look forward to being their host again during their next visit to the Abington Hotel.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We cycled here from Carlisle and were so well looked after by the lady on reception, who doubled as waitress for the dinner, which was very good. The following morning at breakfast we were served by two delightful cheerful ladies, even to the extent of making porridge specially for us on request. We set off for Loch Lomond with a smile. Thank you all.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1AbingtonHotel, Owner at Abington Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
My thanks to ElaineWainaina for submitting her positive and very kind comments following her recent stay at the Abington Hotel.
I am delighted to read that from checking in at reception, receiving your evening meal and right through to breakfast that you received excellent service from the staff. I shall ensure that Catherine (Reception/Front of House Manager) as well as Jean and Anne (Breakfast) receive a copy of your review. I am pleased to say that our staff are often commented on their level of friendliness and service.
Being a (fairweather) cyclist myself, I have often cycled the Loch Lomond route. It is a lovely route and I hope you were able to enjoy the glorious scenery of the area.
Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you again at the Abington Hotel.

Regards
Owner, Abington Hotel

Been to Abington Hotel? Share your experiences!