“Will be back / Lovely meal” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
lanarkshire
“Will be back / Lovely meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went with an itison voucher last night and cannot praise the whole experience highly enough.
Ignore the few negative reports and try it.
The food / service and setting was first class.
We had the lamb and the grilled cod and followed by superb crumble and cheeseboard(5 different cheeses) and every mouthful was delicious.
The 2 girls that were serving us were very friendly and excellent at their job.
Have been using the itison voucher for about 6 months and this is one of the few restaurants that we have visited that we will return to.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Thrice cooked chips? We're frozen chips!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

It was my husbands 40th birthday so we decided to come here as it's our nearest decent looking restaurant (looks are deceptive) the place is lovely, staff nice enough but the food! The chips as describe as thrice cooked, were indeed frozen catering chips (not as described, unless you have to cook frozen chips 3 times)my daughter and myself had fish (which came in breadcrumbs not batter, as I guessed it would it didn't say on the menu so i just presumed) mine was nice enough, but my daughters was very fishy and she couldn't eat it. We ate some chips, but the children ate none at all. I asked for the bill and was asked if all was well, I mentioned my daughters uneaten dinner being fishy. The waitress returned with the odd response that it was fishy because it was fresh today! Just to clarify I am a trained chef and fish is not fishy, unless my catering school got it all wrong. My husband had a very nice, but rather fatty steak his dinner was minus the salad as described. So full bill paid, and we will never go back. Would I recommend it? No, and as my neighbour was going to go at the weekend with her parents, she isn't now.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Family eating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Lovely varied menu, mixing up classical Scottish, finer dining and good old pub grub. Speedy service, tasty food and decently priced.

Visited June 2013
“sadly disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

over all our group of diners were extremely disappointed.The service was slow and the staff uninterested and preoccupied with mobile phones.
The food ranged from terrible to bearable.

will be passed by on the next journey.

Elvanfoot
“A lovely dining experience...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were a party of five, business associates, who arrived without reservation and more in hope than expectation of getting a table. As it turned out, the weather was glorious and we were able to sit in the garden, which was lovely, and a rare treat so far this year.

Two of our party had steaks, one had haggis, another had pate, and I had vegetarian fajitas. The fajitas were very good and the accompaniments seemed fresh and it well presented. All the other food looked good and all plates were cleared.

Service was good, the Spitfire Ale was in good order, and all-in-all we had a lovely lunch.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere