“Mr dady” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mondo Hotel

You added Mondo Hotel to your Saves list
Mondo Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Main Street, Coatbridge ML5 3BJ, Scotland (Formerly Centre Lodge)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coatbridge
“Mr dady”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very warm welcome from Toni on reception and lovely clean rooms with hot drink facilities and large screen tv ... breakfast was very good and satisfying will absolutely use this hotel again..... five stars from me..............................

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lancs England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We couldn't fault anything at Mondo. The staff were very friendly , welcoming and attentive. They had a great sense of humour and we enjoyed some laughs, especially when we rolled in at 05:25 and got up at 08:30 for breakfast (which was very nice). I only upgraded once as I found the normal breakfast was more than enough for me but can't say the same for my hubby. He upgraded every day to a full Scottish. We also ate in the restaurant with friends on the Sunday and the food was fantastic and again the staff were very attentive. The best part was discovering they sold Blue Moon!! We discovered this drink in Vegas and it was every bit as good and refreshing at Mondo. We will definitely stay at Mondo when we go back to visit our friends. Thanks again guys, you made our stay very enjoyable. Big thanks to Toni-Marie, she was so pleasant and loved a wee joke with us.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

My partner & I went to see Morrissey at the SSE Hydro at the weekend and hotel rooms in Glasgow were very expensive so we decided to stay at a nearby town and commute by train…. Result… We got Bed & Breakfast for the 2 of us for £74.95 in a modern designed room with an extremely comfortable king size bed. Spotless Walk in shower room. Catch up TV. Quiet room facing McDonalds with big heavy curtains so a great nights sleep.

Train cost us less than £10 for the 2 of us which took us from Whifflet a 5 mins walk from hotel straight to Exhibition Centre station in less than 30 mins. Would definitely recommend this hotel for an easy commute to Glasgow City or Concert Venue

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Lancashire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

The mondo is more of a travel lodge type place than a hotel. I'll list good and bad points as follows
BAD POINTS
No towel rails ( and I mean none. Heated or otherwise. Nowhere to hang towels)
Rooms are very small. The table was tiny and only one chair. Not great if there's 2 of you
The bed was very hard and only a standard double
No phone in the room so a trip to reception is required for everything.
The bath had a fixed screen which meant you couldn't reach the taps without getting in the bath and the shower was a mixer type with no thermostat making temperature consistency impossible (and you have to stand under it because of the fixed screen). Because of the fixed screen it was quite difficult to get in and out of the bath. Bordering on dangerous I'd say.
The wardrobe is very small with a few hangers but not enough space for your clothes meaning you have to live out of your case. I was only there 3 nights with my girlfriend and it was very cramped.
With the windows open the traffic noise was intolerable ( but I guess this is due to its central location).
The walls are VERY thin. You could hear neighbouring rooms showering / snoring / alarms going off and everything else.
The complementary breakfast ( I booked direct) was awful. Over cooked. The driest scrambled egg I have ever seen The coffee and tea from pots and was very weak, instant I suspect. Shame because I was looking forwards to a Scottish breakfast.
Whilst eating breakfast the cleaner was vacuuming the carpets around us. Unbelievable.
GOOD POINTS
The rooms are nicely decorated if you didn't check the details of the paintwork etc. a few marks in the walls needed sorting.
The smart TV on the wall was very good
The place was nice and clean.
The staff seemed very pleasant and helpful but my experience of Scotland that goes without saying. And that's the way any service industry should be.
Central location so very handy for everything.
Covered car park visible from reception.

The restaurant on the other hand (also called Mondo) was completely different. Although in the same building it was clearly run to a much higher standard. ( breakfast apart ). I had two meals whilst I stayed. A lunch and an evening meal. Both were exceptional. The staff were very attentive but not pushy and the atmosphere very relaxed. The hotel stated it gets busy because of local
popularity and I can see why. Very nice. Probably the best in the area.
In conclusion if you fancy a cheap meal there is a j d wetherspoons over the road (the Vulcan ). If I was to stay in the hotel again ( not likely) I'd pop over there for breakfast. The hotel is very handy for the town, everything is within walking distance but I'd rather have a nicer stay and be a little out of the way.
Not an expensive place to stay and I can see why.

Stayed March 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel,10th March 2015 , have to say I was really pleasantly surprised, the hotel has a modern feel, the rooms are decorated well with a modern upmarket feel, the fixtures were of a high standard, the bed was very comfortable the place was clean, there is ample off road parking breakfast was good, tea, coffee, cereal and cooked options. Can't fault the place, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2015
Dundee, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2015

I stayed there for 4 nights in what is supposed to be a 'deluxe room'... The room was small, but I was told it was the standard for every rooms in the hotel, there was nothing luxury about the room, it was very basic, a small soap was given and tea/coffee tray... and that's it. The bed linen and towels felt very cheap, the walls are so thin you can hear your neighbour snores, or talk on the phone, etc. There is definitely room for improvement in this hotel, a shower hose would have been appreciated, a clean (and safer?) lift, a better choice for breakfast (this was very basic and using low quality product (bread, coffee)...etc.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2015

Stayed there for 1 night this week. The room was great and spotless. Spacious and stylish.The staff were excellent . Checked in and headed of back to work as I had stayed overview due to a business requirement. On my return after a long day reception advised me that had put the heating on just in case as the weather had been freezing (over and above service). Breakfast - service was excellent and waitress went out her way to make sure I was okay. When I checked out the following morning receptionist asked if I had enjoyed my stay and was everything okay. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying there again soon. Thanks again to all the staff.

Sharon Williamson