“Best around” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Best around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I frequently dine alone especially at lunch time, I always feel welcome here and the staff deserve full credit for this. The coffee is great and fairly priced, and the decor on both levels is to a very high standard. I have heard great reports about the evening meals although I haven't sampled them, something to look forward too :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
joe_flava, Owner at Flava Coffee Co, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thanks Gourockmod, this is a compliment we often receive (welcome feeling to single diners). See you soon :)

Glasgow
“Child unfriendly.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This place is lovely if you don't have children. The staff are very unhelpful, and rude if you have a pram, also children must stay seated......anyone with children will know this is nearly impossible. So for those of you who want child free experience try here, other wise give it a miss.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
joe_flava, Owner at Flava Coffee Co, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Hi Clyde-Camper, firstly I'm glad you think our place is lovely.
On the matter of being child unfriendly, we don't adopt our policies on whether or not we like kids. it is for the safety of the children. It may be difficult for some people to ensure their kids remain seated and to interact with them, others don't find it such a problem. From our point of view, we are a very busy shop and we'd hate to accidentally cover a kid with scolding hot tea while delivering it to a table.
I have a baby girl due to be born in December and I don't know of any of my staff who dislike children.
To say my staff are unhelpful and rude is unfair, but if you feel this is the case in future ask for the member of staffs name and report it to the management. Customer service is an area we work tirelessly on, and will continue to do so therefore you will be doing me favour by highlighting specific individuals to work with, or areas we can make improvements.
“Don't take my word for it.........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This little gem can be found on the Main Street of my local town, Gourock. The business has grown over the last couple of years and now sits over two floors with breathtaking views of the River Clyde and the Argyllshire hills. The food and service are good, but it is the coffe that wins visit after visit for me! I travel extensively over the world and have tried coffee in so many different cities and very few come better than this, but like I said don't take my word for it .....come to Gourock and try it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
joe_flava, Owner at Flava Coffee Co, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thanks Mochalova, its good to see our efforts being appreciated.
Hope to see you soon.
Duluth, Georgia
“Surprising find in Gourock”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Had dinner here last week with family. Gorgeous views, I'd dine here again for the views alone. Over all it was a pretty good experience. The menu for dinner isn't very extensive, but it was adequate. The brie starter could have benefited from crackers or bread, the Thai flavours of the mussels were underdeveloped but the mussels were well prepared. My sister said her burger was the best she'd had in a long time. Dessert seemed to be the "thing" but I didn't partake this time.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
joe_flava, Owner at Flava Coffee Co, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thanks for the feedback mandarina65, I'll make sure your comments regarding the meal are viewed by the head chef.
Hope we see you again soon.
scotland
“nice pit-stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

friendly service with decent food, some items a bit pricey for what you get but with good views and a french press coffee you cant go wrong. for the kids they have a good selection of cakes and can do a mean variety of hot chocolates, worth a stop

Visited October 2012
joe_flava, Owner at Flava Coffee Co, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thanks scottishbrit, I'm sorry you think some of our items are overpriced, it is getting ever so hard to absorb the increases we face almost daily from our suppliers, we rarely pass these on.
All the food we do serve is made with the freshest and finest ingredients.
We are working on a new kids menu (which i know is well overdue), and we will strive to maintain our price levels throughout this very difficult period even at the detriment of our profit ratios.
See you soon.