“A Fantastic Experience from arriving to unfortunately leaving!” 5 of 5 stars

Foxhills
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Stonehill Road, Ottershaw KT16 0EL , England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ottershaw
London
“A Fantastic Experience from arriving to unfortunately leaving!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels, around the world and do not often feel compelled to write reviews, but I think a lot of credit has to go to the Management and Staff at Foxhills. I work in a Members Club/Hotel and understand how difficult it is to exceed expectations and please one and all. This place seems to have found a level of professionalism and consistency that all the staff working there should be very proud off.

We stayed on New Years Day for one night and managed to fit so much in that it felt a lot longer. The receptionist (Tracy I think) showed a great deal of experience dealing with several people checking in and out at the same time. The rooms are outstanding. Extremely clean and well designed with good quality furnishing. Fresh milk, complimentary water and a cafetiere were all great touches. The internet connects immediately and decent Ipod Docks, DVD players and TV's, with a good selection of channels including sky sports 1,2 and 3.

The Spa and gym facilities were excellent with well informed and polite staff on duty. The really great thing was that everything advertised worked and was in excellent condition. Eg Sauna, Steam, Jacuzzi and all gym equipment. From my this is rarely the case. Sharing a Jacuzzi with my wife outside in the Spa Garden in England on New Years day will be a fond memory! (Trust me not as mad as it seems)

We had lunch in bar XIX next to the Spa. The Mushroom Soup was Outstanding as were the 2 main courses and represented good value for money. The dinner in the Manor Restaurant was very good and well presented. As a very minor detail there is a lot made of the quality of the Cheeses on the menu, so it may have been nice to have accompaniments of a similar match! There was a good selection of Wines on offer and the F&B staff were very professional, that made for a good dining experience. Breakfast was excellent, well presented with good quality products.

We were allowed to stay and use the Spa and gym facilities after check out, that was another bonus. Overall this place ticks all the boxes in so many areas and would be my preference out of any Hotel or Spa in the Surrey or surrounding area. Go you will not be disappointed.

As a final point it seems to cater very well for families with teens!

Room Tip: Ask for a room around the residents pool
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
FoxhillsSurrey, General Manager at Foxhills, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Normally my Front of House enjoys responding to all her feedback, but this review stood out and I personally wanted to respond.

I am so pleased that your stay at Foxhills left such an impression that you felt the need to write one of your first reviews.

Making reference to your stay in such detail will help me continue my commitment to improving the guest experience here at the Resort.

We are lucky with our surrounds that make for very happy memories for many and it is with pleasure that I read our Spa Garden has attributed to this.

I do wish you a very happy New Year & hope to welcome you back to Foxhills very soon.

Rest assured that I will be passing on your kind words to Tracey and our team at Foxhills.

Best Wishes

Jeff Condliffe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at Foxhills before Christmas, by way of a wedding anniversary treat.

This is a smart hotel and priced accordingly. The hotel sets high standards and has character. If you like golf, there are two 18 hole courses plus a great little (free) 9-hole course. The rooms are spread around the area of the main house and have great character. Don’t get me wrong, we very much enjoyed our stay and felt that it offered fair value for money.

However my one complaint is shared with so many other hotels – whether cheap or expensive. Bedroom doors that slam and shake the very fabric of the bedrooms in the vicinity, as though there has just been a minor earthquake (and always just after you’ve got to sleep). The real problem is, of course, lack of consideration from other guests – however there must be a way to solve this problem once and for all (surely its not rocket science?).

Interrupted sleep does detract from one’s enjoyment of a hotel stay and a high end place like Foxhills really should try and do better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not have any other rooms (with slamming doors) adjoining it!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
FoxhillsSurrey, Front Office Manager at Foxhills, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Slamming Doors - this is like you said a problem at main hotels but a challenge which I do believe I accepted when I met you?

I have already spoken with our Facilities Director to see what we can do, let us see what he comes back with?

Thank you also for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor - it is so important to share your stay with others.

I do hope you enjoyed your anniversary break and that when you return to Foxhills we have a 'door slamming' solution.

We hope to welcome you back to Foxhills very soon

Best wishes

henley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Foxhills is something special and for families with active children, its a definite must. The layout of the accomodation in chalet styles interspersed and adjacent to an outdoor pool, golf course and tennis courts creates a sense of space and tranquility. The room (48) was massive (25 by 18 feet) with doors that opened onto the golfcourse. The beds were comfortable and as there was plenty of availability, the staff opened up the adjoining room (49) for the children, which was very considerate - I dont think the children have stayed in such a comfortable place and my daughter now insists on underfloor heating! The only minor criticism was that our room was so large that the two reclining chairs / sofas looked a little small! The childrens area with all the facilities was amazing and the whole complex reminded me of the Grand Hyatt complex in Taba Heights, although you have to travel 3K miles to get to Egypt! as opposed to 5 minutes off the M25. The adult only spa facilties and gym were excellent with everything provided. My only regret is that we live too far away to be regular members as otherwise with the junior tennis and golf, and very active social calender, it would be great. The staff were all friendly and the dinner and breakfast in the Manor restaurant, very good. I have stayed at some nice hotels in my travels including Chewton Glen and Cliveden, which have been outstanding / exceptional, but as a family destination, I think that Foxhills is the best family hotel I have been to. You certainly leave more relaxed than when you came and keep thinking, when can I return!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
FoxhillsSurrey, Front Office Manager at Foxhills, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Wow - Thank you so much for writing such a detailed review about your family trip to Foxhills.

We have worked hard to encourage the family ethos throughout the estate, but we are still keen to improve on our family offering.

Next year will see us provide complimentary supervised activities including movie showings and arts and crafts enabling our family residence to enjoy the estate without parental supervision - so you may just get time for that spa treatment you didnt get a chance to experience or to relax with the papers in Bar Nineteen or maybe an extra hour in the gym.

It's such a shame you live too far to belong to Foxhills but don't worry when you come back we welcome all residents as Members for the duration of their stay - so you have the best of both worlds.

I also wanted to thank you for making the comment on the size of the chairs in our bedrooms, whilst we are lucky to have such space this is a valid point and something for us to consider when we look at improving our leisure breaks and the hotel rooms next year.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Foxhills in the new year.

Front of House Manager

PS hope you get to go back to Egypt soon too.
Horley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

The staff at reception and the bar XIX were extremely friendly, professional and welcoming (genuinely happy staff).

The room (19) was large, an entrance lounge with two sofas and a large king bed size bed in the room, large bathroom with shower and bath (I would only point the blinds in the bathroom needing some attention). Housekeeping wise the room was spotless, very warm even though it was a freezing day outside, and the staff respected my DND (do not disturb) card on the door what is 5 start attitude I had a very quiet resting and woke up too late for breakfast, so I am unable to comment on the food.

My room, with access to a small swimming pool would definitely be ideal to bring small children in a summer day too (I will attach some photos soon). I also notice that are some areas dedicated for children with a heated swimming pool and play room, will need to bring my daughter for a weekend.

The Foxhills Hotel & Golf Course is a mixture of Old class and Modern Architecture, ideal for relaxing fit weekend break.

Well done!!!

Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

My daughter wanted a relaxing girlie weekend so we chose their spa getaway package. There were nine of us and we were treated really well. The package includes lunch, evening meal, overnight accommodation, breakfast and three spa treatments - as well as full use of the spa facilities. The standard of accommodation was excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful. We couldn't fault it - it was just what we hoped it would be and more beside. There were a few more joining us for our evening meal and, without us even thinking about it, we were put in our own dining room and really well looked after. Brilliant.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
FoxhillsSurrey, Spa Manager at Foxhills, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our Spa Getaway Package.

This package was designed with you in mind it seems - we enjoy seeing groups of ladies relaxing and enjoying the facilities with their loved ones and friends - the atmosphere is always electric.

This year we have focused on our staff and their improved training to enhance the guest experience - thank you for noting this, I will pass this onto my team and congratulate them.

We are pleased you enjoyed the private dining room with your friends, I do also hope you enjoyed the Manor Menu?

Hope to see you again soon

Charlene Phipp
Spa Manager
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Four guys on a midweek golf break, through golfbreaks, com, excellent deal when you include the free golf. We played at both courses, which were in splendid condition for december, with food and coffee's available on the course (halfway through).

The Spa facilities were very good, even though it was 4c and the sauna / jacuzzi were outside. Good buffet breakfast, in a beautiful building. Evening Pub meal was good, bar prices were very reasonable, we did not eat at the restautant.

We stayed in rooms 68 / 69, room 68 for me had a dated interior which was rather 2* B& B standard. Large spacious rooms, let down by CHEAP (narrow and thin) toilet paper and limited toiletries. For this standard, you would expect more. Bathrooms are large and looked quite new. The beds were old and wiry, bed linen quality low and the blankets looked old and well used. IMHO. Views from the rooms are very different, room 69 excellent, room 68 a large bush.

Service was excellent throughout our stay, loads of space to park and beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Whilst the detail of your review has been very helpful to my team in the continue aim to improve our leisure offering at Foxhills I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your bedroom.

We always want our guests to enjoy their stay and their bedroom is one of the most important parts of their stay. The rooms you mention in your review are that in Lynn House which was built in 2007 and has been very popular with our guests. The style of these rooms was such that it was in keeping with our 19th century manor estate and I am sorry that you felt the room was dated and that of a 2* property. These rooms also overlook the Manor Golf course and woods, so I am concerned that your view was that of a bush?

Also I would be keen to know more about your in room experience as all our bedrooms are fully equipped with Elemis toiletries and we do take pride in our linen. To improve we would like to more detail.

We would be keen for you to get in touch directly with the hotel to tell us more of your experience. Please do get in touch with me.

Thank you again for your detailed feedback and I look forward to speaking with you personally.

Best regards

Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel is superb. The staff are very warm and friendly across the board. We had one night and two days on a Getaway Break, which included three spa treatments a back massage, foot ritual and facial. Our package also included lunch, dinner and breakfast. The food was superb. The package is well worth the money and I think great value.

We stayed in the Lyne House part of the resort, the room were huge and very well equiped, seperate walkin shower and bath. The room was spotless and they included fresh milk and an umberella for use around the resort.

Thank you to Emma and all the staff for making my 50th birthday so memorable and enjoyably.
We will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
FoxhillsSurrey, General Manager at Foxhills, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
We’re so glad to hear that you had a lovely time for your Birthday here at Foxhills. Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback, all Feedback helps us to improve our service for the future. We look forward to seeing you again at Foxhills in the near future.

Been to Foxhills? Share your experiences!